Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

even if that turns out to be true - and it isn't clear yet whether this investment is stavley/pcp alone, or whether she is backed by one of her many wealthy friends in the middle east - it has to be preferable to the last decade under the cockney chancer. 

Aye absolutely better than him, but Troops was talking like they were looking to Man City someone. I just don't think that's what this is about.

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The main appeal of PCP buying us was to get rid of Ashley. They're an investment fund. Even if they did buy, there is no chance they were going to throw money around like the lunatics who own City. Sure we may well have spent more and have been generally better managed, but it would have been a slow build over 5 years quite possibly with a view to selling on again at the end for profit.

I.e. a million times better than the current plight :lol: Agree with Gloom that it's not necessarily over, it smacks of desperation from the fat cunt, but it doesn't exactly auger well for a smooth takeover.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

even if that turns out to be true - and it isn't clear yet whether this investment is stavley/pcp alone, or whether she is backed by one of her many wealthy friends in the middle east - it has to be preferable to the last decade under the cockney chancer. 

10 years already is it? Fuck me, time flies when you're having fun.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye absolutely better than him, but Troops was talking like they were looking to Man City someone. I just don't think that's what this is about.

i gather stavely would be running the club, if this thing went through, she'd be the new chairman. whether there's money beyond the PCP fund, i dunno. 

4 minutes ago, trooper said:

The bell tolls tonight, for the future of Newcastle United. Does this man really hate us so much, that he is willing to destroy the club for generations to come? #AshleyOut

Alreet, Hemingway

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

The bell tolls tonight, for the future of Newcastle United. Does this man really hate us so much, that he is willing to destroy the club for generations to come? #AshleyOut

what's happening tonight? 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm pretty sure Staveley wasn't expecting her opening offer to be accepted. And this is just Mike Ashley being an undignified obese mess as per usual.

Exactly.

Quite funny that -according to bbc Newcastle this morning - Ashley is unhappy about things being played out in the media,

Well, just after being in breach of a NDS by authorising an announcement to the press...

Edited by Isegrim

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm pretty sure Staveley wasn't expecting her opening offer to be accepted. And this is just Mike Ashley being an undignified obese mess as per usual.

I thought there was a second offer ?

This from The Sun Dec 

AMANDA STAVELEY has made a second £300million bid for Newcastle - upping the pressure even more on owner Mike Ashley.

Edited by trooper

Yup, or at least thats what the mirror was saying before Christmas.

My new theory is that Ashley was either bullied by a geordie or supported a rival club during the Keegan years and decided one day he would have his revenge.

Nothing about putting the club up for sale after criminal underinvestment, getting a 250 mil offer and refusing ; makes any sense whatsoever.

Having billions and wanting to fuck over an entire city due to some egotistical revenge campaign over a childhood wound. Now theres a more plausible theory.

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

I thought there was a second offer ?

This from The Sun Dec 

AMANDA STAVELEY has made a second £300million bid for Newcastle - upping the pressure even more on owner Mike Ashley.

Do you buy the sun?

8 minutes ago, scoobos said:

My new theory is that Ashley was either bullied by a geordie or supported a rival club during the Keegan years and decided one day he would have his revenge.

Nothing about putting the club up for sale after criminal underinvestment, getting a 250 mil offer and refusing ; makes any sense whatsoever.

Having billions and wanting to fuck over an entire city due to some egotistical revenge campaign over a childhood wound. Now theres a more plausible theory.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

The main appeal of PCP buying us was to get rid of Ashley. They're an investment fund. Even if they did buy, there is no chance they were going to throw money around like the lunatics who own City. Sure we may well have spent more and have been generally better managed, but it would have been a slow build over 5 years quite possibly with a view to selling on again at the end for profit.

I got shit for saying exactly this earlier on.

34 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Jimmy Nail shagged his wife.

I'm nearly giving up me.  I've missed 2 games all season and I haven't paid a penny, if I had to pay...fuck that.  Nothing is changing, we're cursed.  25 years ago we had plenty of men on Tyneside who would've sorted this out, modern times mean we have to grin and bare it the same way Jimmy Conway had to coming off the phone when his best pal Tommy got whacked, and that was that .  If football was the only thing that determined your frame of mind, we'd have hundreds of thousands of deranged prozac takers doing anything to keep their miserable lives going.  Luckily for Ashley we have plenty robots left to support this club in the ground, on message boards and in pubs.  Despressing Cunts FC.

Edited by McFaul

On 17.10.2017 at 00:55, Isegrim said:

The statement in February:

Ongoing negotiations unfortunately restricted us in doing any transfer business.

As the window has now closed and a sale could not get agreed it is with great regret that we have to take the club off the market again to pick up next season‘s tv money.

sorry, Rafa.

I am Spar... err ... Nostradamus.

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Exactly.

Quite funny that -according to bbc Newcastle this morning - Ashley is unhappy about things being played out in the media,

Well, just after being in breach of a NDS by authorising an announcement to the press...

And Jim White literally saying on talk sport 10 mins ago that he's spoken to pcp this morning and the 250 mill offer is still on the table :lol:

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official