Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

On 4/1/2020 at 09:36, 247 said:

Don’t do it to yourself people. I’ve seen some fans clinging to this shite again and justifying it by saying ‘there’s no better time for him to sell before the clubs devalued more’ and ‘it’s the perfect time for the Arabs to buy a club quietly with all this going on’. 

The ‘before the clubs devalued more’ reason is the exact reason he won’t sell imo. He’s a stubborn fat penny pinching cunt who hates anyone getting one over on him financially and he’s always been a stubborn fat cunt who hates anyone getting one over on him financially. Does anyone really think this man will really just knock off £50m and take £300m rather than the rumoured £350m that he wants just to sell it now? To some fucking oil minted Arab? He’ll do exactly the opposite and try and rinse any proposed buyer for every penny he thinks he can get out of them. This will never change. He will never sell this club until it’s worth it to him and he can rip someone off. 

As for the other reason do the Arabs give a flying fuck what the media in this country might make of them buying a football club? Not a chance. It would all blow over quickly anyway, why arnt the media outraged right now about Man City’s owners? 

I am the voice of pessimism and realism and this story is another fresh load of bollocks served up by fat cunty Michael. As I always say when I shoot this shite down, I want so badly to be wrong.

Yes, Saudi Arabia does care how they're perceived by the wider world, in so much as they don't want their apalling human rights history to be the focus. That why they've tried to use sports to wash that blood away. The media's outrage is fickle as fuck. They don't care about Sheffield's ownership, yet it's the same family (right?). They don't care about Man City until they do. They care about what generates interest, and Newcastle United, for all it's faults, is box office and the potential owners are a stick to beat us with. 

Were the media the arbiters of what's acceptable, they'd be poring over most of the owners in the Premier League. You're not a billionaire by being a sweetheart after all. I'm sure if the Mexican group were the ones submitting papers to the FA the media would be forensically pulling them apart looking for Cartel links or whatever.

I'm a little more confident of it going through this time, mostly because of Caulkin, but that confidence is tempered by Ashley. Here is exactly what he's claimed he wants; Filthy rich oil state with an extra zero in their bank balance who can take Newcastle forward. And he's taking a pounding the press, and Sports Direct stocks are tanking and the pandemic could cause untold financial chaos to the league. But I'm sure he'll still try and weedle extra money for this and that, I'm sure he'll still want to keep merchandising, and SD advertising, I'm sure he'll still be an arsehole to deal with. So for that reason I'm still confident the sale won't go through, I'm just not 100% convinced it won't.

• Like 1

Caulkin is an excellent journalist and certainly not one to shit-stir or put news out that he isn’t confident in but he’s on his last life with this as well. He’s close to Stavvaz but I still can’t shake the idea that this is all two chancers with more money than is reasonable, playing a boring game of brinksmanship in a very public arena.

14 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Caulkin is an excellent journalist and certainly not one to shit-stir or put news out that he isn’t confident in but he’s on his last life with this as well. He’s close to Stavvaz but I still can’t shake the idea that this is all two chancers with more money than is reasonable, playing a boring game of brinksmanship in a very public arena.

Why would the Saudi Prince entertain that though?

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

They spent hundreds of millions to get wrestling shows, I think they’re just happy when a news story doesn’t involve them dissolving a journalist in a barrel of acid.

Can you imagine the lickspittle articles Knight Ryder will be putting out if they actually buy us? :lol:

• Haha 1

"So ah sez to Mala, 'Sheikh a leg, Mala' and he didn't get it. To be fair, poor auld mala literally cannit see straight never mind get the shit hot, rappy, err, raypery, err my razor sharp crack. Lol. Ryder and out."

4221396001_4459327924001_4459292041001-vs~2.jpg

• Haha 3

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Best theory is that it’s a deposit. Like an incredibly expensive game in a snooker club.

The deposit money has been borrowed from the seller by the purchaser to pay the deposit?  

Various possibilities why it’s done. One being that it only covers and secures the minority stake from PCP, another possibility is that it covers a gap because an asking price couldn’t be agreed and is depending on future targets.

But it could be something totally different, especially as I rarely follow these technicalities of commercial law.

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

But it could be something totally different, especially as I rarely follow these technicalities of commercial law.

I know what you mean, I was a massive fan of commercial law when it first burst onto the scene but the newer stuff just doesn't do it for me.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official