Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Ah so that's the argument, there's other clubs owned by dodgy foreigners so this is ok? It's a terrible argument which is why journalists are laughing about it, not because they hate Newcastle.

Buying products from Amazon, watching F1 or a boxing fight in Saudi is in no way comparable to actually wanting, yes wanting your club to be owned by the Saudi Royal Prince and family. Great example for young kids growing as fans, researching the roots of their club and finding out they are owned directly by a family that dismembers journalists and murders entire populations for political gain. It's utterly embarrassing and this argument your using regarding Saudi money here there and everywhere is pathetic, it doesn't come close to this situation. 

If it happens, there's not much fans can do about it, but actively supporting it, making excuses for it and even trying to downplay the significance is a terrible look.

Can someone explain why they think the premier league should pass them under 'fit and proper' that isn't "But what about PSG"

It’s not a terrible argument, it’s a fact. You can’t just arbitrarily draw a line in the sand because the Saudis are worse than Qataris and Adu Dhabi. That’s illogical and ridiculous. You either flat out reject them or you don’t, you’re the one saying we can’t pick and choose here. I also wasn’t just mentioning football clubs but football as a whole. Those kids will be watching the Qatar 2022 World Cup don’t forget. 

How is it different? By doing so you’re doing the same thing Newcastle fans are doing, which is funding/accepting the Saudis. How about those same kids looking into where their iPhone comes from? If that’s the string you are pulling society is way past that. 

You, like the rest are just plain wrong. How the fuck can you say it’s a pathetic argument to point out Saudi money is everywhere? How is that different to NUFC accepting that money? Simply saying it’s different doesn’t make it so, because it’s not different again it’s funding and accepting that regime into the western world. It’s exactly the same, you can’t accept it everywhere else and then randomly draw the line in the sand when it comes to Newcastle United.

FWIW I have not and do not welcome them, I welcome the end of Mike Ashley and I accept I have absolutely no control over them owning the club. I’m not going to stop supporting NUFC if that’s what you are after, it’s almost like this has created a gray area here, one that is the same sort of quandary I face when I pick up my iPhone - by engaging with it am I tacitly accepting the input? Potentially yes, they are the same type of quandary though, I reject your argument that they’re not as you’ve offered no reasoning besides saying they’re not. I’m defending NUFC fans here as they’re the ones people have immediately went for, not Mike Ashley btw who is actually selling to these people. Are there people taking it too far? Absolutely the same way that any fan base would have that section, but most people just want to follow their football club and have immediately been leapt on for saying they will continue to do so or show some modicum of excitement at getting rid of an owner who has been terrible. 

I will tell you why they will pass the fit and proper, how will the PL fail them? Do you believe the UK Government would allow the Premier League to send that kind of statement about Saudi Arabia out? Again I’m not saying they should but that’s the world we live in. Another item Newcastle fans have no control over. 

Do what you want though, no idea if you’re a Newcastle fan or not but if you are and your stance is to stop following the club that is your prerogative, but don’t pretend like that gives you some moral high ground over those that still follow, as it’s highly likely you’re funding/accepting them in some other way, and yes it is the same stop pretending like it’s not. You can pat yourself and congratulate yourself at being more morally pure than the knackers that will get over the top about these owners and completely ignore the mora hazards that come with them but don’t mistake those for the norm, the majority are struggling to square the circle the same way we do with most things in society. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

He’s gone quiet.

When you come at the Crown Prince, you best not miss. B) 

Funnily enough, most of his social media sites have gone “private”. 
He’s quick, but not quick enough :lol:

0?e=1587600000&v=beta&t=XiXt5aPnG9EntMWX

Gone for a more mature, “hope the cat doesn’t lick it off” look here. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The beard would take a bit of getting used to but probably, aye.

Well, I Am Sold. 

Which is in no way a reference to the Estate Agents of the same name. 

Pure coincidence. :naughty:

• Haha 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official