Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

55 minutes ago, trooper said:

I admire your optimism mate but everyone needs a definitive answer now. 

i wouldn't say i'm being overly optimistic. if we look the evidence out there, it would still be a risky and potentially very expensive move for the PL to block the deal

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure I’d seen somewhere the bloke had been charged with some type of fraudulent business practices as well at some point, in which case he’d fail the O&D test anyway. People on Twitter are saying he’s involved with a company that’s bidding for tv rights for the 2022 World Cup as well. 

Edited by Howay

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’m pretty sure I’d seen somewhere the bloke had been charged with some type of fraudulent business practices as well at some point, in which case he’d fail the O&D test anyway. People on Twitter are saying he’s somehow involved with a company that’s bidding for tv rights for the 2022 World Cup as well. 

This from N.O. 

Eas1_R6XQAAPRrA.jpeg

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Why would anyone watch one deal fall through then offer £50m more than was previously accepted?

:lol: exactly what I was about to post 

I assumed it was just Lee Ryder's lack of brain cells when I first read his £350m tweet.  I was quite surprised to see Sky go with the same amount.  You would have to be seriously backwards to pay more at this stage surely.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I assumed it was just Lee Ryder's lack of brain cells when I first read his £350m tweet.  I was quite surprised to see Sky go with the same amount.  You would have to be seriously backwards to pay more at this stage surely.

It would be a takeover 'Will Grigg' stylee.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Actually, lads, I think you’ll find a 3 month long saga, involving digital piracy, government intervention, season ticket money leaving supporters in limbo and a complete lack of clarity from anyone is actually run-of-the-mill for takeovers.

It is for NUFC

Luke Edwards back on it again this morning. Chastising people for not being keen on an American buyer who is supposedly bidding £50m over the accepted bid, in a bid that would only go through if the lower bid collapses, a man with a net worth of supposedly only twice what he’s bidding, and has been investigated by the FBI for his business practices. Obviously the Saudis come with baggage, but at least we know they have money and their bid didn’t come in at a highly suspect time. It was almost as if his bid was waiting for the outcome of the WTO report, so that if it was more along the lines of what the Qataris wanted to hear his bid wouldn’t have been made. I genuinely hope Luke is trolling because I worry for him if he doesn’t seem to grasp why people would be more worried about a Henry Mauriss type bidder than the PiF, it’s very possible this bloke could be worse for the club than Ashley. 

19 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

What does ITK Gloom dog say?

just caught up with him. he says a strict interpretation of the rules suggests it could be blocked and there's enough political cover now if the PL decides that's what it wants to do.

but it would still spark a massive diplomatic incident, which the uk government doesn't want.

and money talks.

basically, his message hasn't changed. he still thinks it's going to happen, but that for the first time there's a decent outside chance that it won't. i pressed him about how much longer this could run, but he's in the dark there as much as the rest of us. 

it's a muted willy wave at this stage - nothing too exuberant. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Edwards is the CT of hack journalism.

The Saudi response to the WTO finding are quite humorous, and tantamount to "We win against those violent savages".

"A World Trade Organization (WTO) dispute panel released its report Tuesday ruling against Qatar, and finding that Saudi Arabia’s national security defence was justified under WTO rules.

The WTO panel acknowledged that Saudi Arabia “seeks to protect Saudi citizens and the Saudi population, Saudi government institutions, and the territory of Saudi Arabia from the threats of terrorism and extremism” raised by Qatar in the region.

The panel also found that Saudi Arabia's comprehensive actions were “taken in time of… other emergency in international relations,” based on extensive evidence presented to the WTO tribunal by Saudi Arabia regarding Qatar's violations of regional agreements and commitments to renounce support for violence and unrest in the region.

Saudi Arabia also confirmed to the panel that it provides strong protection of intellectual property rights, including criminal procedures and penalties in cases where credible evidence is available to the Government to support the initiation of proceedings.

In addition to accepting Saudi Arabia’s national security defence, the panel rejected Qatar’s remaining claims that Saudi law violated WTO rules, and rejected claims that the Saudi government supported the alleged copyright piracy. Out of six claims by Qatar, the panel’s single finding regarding criminal proceedings was rendered moot in the course of the WTO dispute.

Saudi Arabia has a strong record of protecting intellectual property and is committed to applying its national law and procedures in full conformity with WTO rules.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will spare no effort to overcome the threats of terrorism and extremism, and Saudi Arabia is pleased that the Panel recognized its sovereign rights in this regard."

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

just caught up with him. he says a strict interpretation of the rules suggests it could be blocked and there's enough political cover now if the PL decides that's what it wants to do.

but it would still spark a massive diplomatic incident, which the uk government doesn't want.

and money talks.

basically, his message hasn't changed. he still thinks it's going to happen, but that for the first time there's a decent outside chance that it won't. i pressed him about how much longer this could run, but he's in the dark there as much as the rest of us. 

it's a muted willy wave at this stage - nothing too exuberant. 

Cheers

Back to pissing my knickers again then 

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Cheers

Back to pissing my knickers again then 

it's a massive story if it goes through, given the controversy surrounding it. 

still think an even bigger story with an even bigger fallout if it is blocked 

Maybe I'm being overly cynical but it does seem strange that Bein Sports are dead set against this deal with the Saudis and the other interested bid happens to be from a man who runs a television distribution service.

I mean, if I were CEO of a television distribution service planning to expand into MENA then I'd certainly like to have Bein Media's content on my platform.

Edited by ewerk

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's a massive story if it goes through, given the controversy surrounding it. 

still think an even bigger story with an even bigger fallout if it is blocked 

Fat Ashley should be leaning on the government and getting help

'Well if this doesnt go through, that's several thousand jobs at risk in my stores you see'

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official