Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

37 minutes ago, Howay said:

Luke Edwards back on it again this morning. Chastising people for not being keen on an American buyer who is supposedly bidding £50m over the accepted bid, in a bid that would only go through if the lower bid collapses, a man with a net worth of supposedly only twice what he’s bidding, and has been investigated by the FBI for his business practices. Obviously the Saudis come with baggage, but at least we know they have money and their bid didn’t come in at a highly suspect time. It was almost as if his bid was waiting for the outcome of the WTO report, so that if it was more along the lines of what the Qataris wanted to hear his bid wouldn’t have been made. I genuinely hope Luke is trolling because I worry for him if he doesn’t seem to grasp why people would be more worried about a Henry Mauriss type bidder than the PiF, it’s very possible this bloke could be worse for the club than Ashley. 

Aye I thought Edwards had allowed his emotions to get the better of him recently, he's had a twisted view of us for a while but still there have been stupider journos out there. This puts him right up there with thickest of them though. 

• Like 1

Would it actually be worse for beIN and the Premier League, FIFA etc if KSA are prevented from completing the purchase? Surely that would encourage rather than curb piracy there?

If they were to own the club they would at least have their own interest and solid motivation for establishing a legitimate anti-piracy stance, even against their sworn enemies?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trooper said:

Is there not supposed to exclusivity between NUFC & the Stavely deal ?

There is. Which is why this announcement looks suspiciously like a ploy to influence the PL into vetoing the Saudi deal thinking that there's someone else prepared to come along and buy us.

An American business man supposedly offers 50 million over the agreed price, and where has Ashley been these past few months, Miami. Mauriss is likely somebody that Ashley has met while he was there, and he wants to do business with him that's unrelated to the club. Then Fatley has perhaps asked him to go through some motions to make it look like he's interested in buying the club, in exchange for Ashley sweetening a separate business deal they've cooked up. Pure speculation of course, but it makes a lot more sense than the reality.

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Luke Edwards back on it again this morning. Chastising people for not being keen on an American buyer who is supposedly bidding £50m over the accepted bid, in a bid that would only go through if the lower bid collapses, a man with a net worth of supposedly only twice what he’s bidding, and has been investigated by the FBI for his business practices. Obviously the Saudis come with baggage, but at least we know they have money and their bid didn’t come in at a highly suspect time. It was almost as if his bid was waiting for the outcome of the WTO report, so that if it was more along the lines of what the Qataris wanted to hear his bid wouldn’t have been made. I genuinely hope Luke is trolling because I worry for him if he doesn’t seem to grasp why people would be more worried about a Henry Mauriss type bidder than the PiF, it’s very possible this bloke could be worse for the club than Ashley. 

You can almost smell the drink every time he tweets at the minute 

• Like 3

As the buyers had to pay a hefty non refundable deposit I can’t see them quietly accepting a negative outcome. Hopefully the PL will want to avoid it being brought to the courts.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Howay said:

Presumably hoping that Brewcie will keep his job with this American Ashley.

I may be wrong, but hasn't this so-called bid been talked about for weeks?  Why has it suddenly got more prominence?  As someone said, Stinking Bishop is around.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Isegrim said:

As the buyers had to pay a hefty non refundable deposit I can’t see them quietly accepting a negative outcome. Hopefully the PL will want to avoid it being brought to the courts.

But according to Ashley and his acolytes, these people are so rich they don't need to worry about a measly £17m!

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

They dont, it'll be the embarrassment more than the money if they decide to go after the PL.

Agreed, the loss of face would be unconscionable to any man in the street arab let alone a royal house. 

They’d pursue it whatever the cost. 

I really can’t see any plausible justification to delay a decision any longer. There don’t seem to be any facts that are new. Even the report of the WTO doesn’t contain anything that wasn’t already known to the PL. Not making a decision only creates further public frenzy that doesn’t help anybody.

It is fair enough that Bein wants to protect its rights and business, especially having to fear losing lucrative rights to Saudi Arabia in the future, but they had their say and should seriously be told to shut up as they are not directly involved in the decision making.

• Like 2

Shows the test itself isn’t fit for purpose. You also suspect they want to block it due to the tv rights issue but also don’t really have a legitimate reason to do so, using their own criteria 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official