Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I once queued behind Gary Speed in a card shop on Northumberland Street.

I once queued behind him at Newcastle airport. Also queued behind John Higgins (no pun intended) at the same place at another time. I also saw Jeremy Paxman once at terminal 5 at Heathrow. And I met Terry Butcher whilst on a cruise. Amazing, I know 

• Haha 1

I remember driving past sunderland’s training ground at Washington not long after they’d won the Cup, and my dad asking me and my older brother if we wanted to stop for autographs ( the squad were outside waiting for their bus) 

“ No thanks Dad”

We’d have been 5 & 7 years old :lol:

• Haha 2

Was some big shindig in a park. I’m assuming it was 2013 for the 40th anniversary of the cup but there was a Ferris wheel and a lot of people who weren’t really interested in our covers band. I can’t remember much because it was 2013 and I distinctly remember being on the snakebites after we finished.

• Haha 2

Shearer’s sister used to work at Victoria Wines in Wideopen. She was his double even having the same pre-baldy Al haircut. He used to go there to use her staff discount :lol: He used to always buy a certain brand of pink champagne (might’ve been Verve Cliquot) 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

Living in Blyth about 10 years ago. One of my sons was 12 at the time came running in with a pair of Steve Harpers match worn gloves. Apparently Harper had brought Collocini to pick up a puppy. Master T wasnt shy & asked Harper if he have any match tickets. Harper laughed & said no then opened the car boot got out a pair of gloves signed them & gave them to Master T saying he worn them in a match. Also Miss T is a reception teacher & Rondon's little girl was in her class. On the day before he left to play in the African Nations Cup he gave Miss T a signed match worn shirt. Little did she know that was the last time she would see them. A few weeks ago he sent an e mail to the school asking how everyone was wich I thought was nice. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trooper said:

Living in Blyth about 10 years ago. One of my sons was 12 at the time came running in with a pair of Steve Harpers match worn gloves. Apparently Harper had brought Collocini to pick up a puppy. Master T wasnt shy & asked Harper if he have any match tickets. Harper laughed & said no then opened the car boot got out a pair of gloves signed them & gave them to Master T saying he worn them in a match. Also Miss T is a reception teacher & Rondon's little girl was in her class. On the day before he left to play in the African Nations Cup he gave Miss T a signed match worn shirt. Little did she know that was the last time she would see them. A few weeks ago he sent an e mail to the school asking how everyone was wich I thought was nice. 

Was it not the Copa America? ;) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Was it not the Copa America? ;) 

Incredibly long odds for them to even qualify for the ACN.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How are we signing Mark Gillespie?  I don't get the logic if the deal was still on?

Free transfer direct replacement for Elliot who I assume is out of contract this summer. On the balance sheet it's probably close to identical. I doubt it'll be a sticking point.

Was introduced to Peter Beardsley outside the Los Angeles Colosseum in 1986. England had just played Mexico in a friendly prior to the world cup. The lad I was at the match with had known and played with Beardsley when they were kids.

Bumped into Jackie Charlton twice, once at St. James' when he was just a spectator, and once at North Shields fish quay where we had both gone for fish n' chips. Chatted with him on both occasions.

Spoke to Pop Robson once in a newsagents shop he co-owned in Gateshead. At the time I was a friend and playing with Clyde Best who was a pal of Pop's from his West Ham days and he asked me to look up Pop and give him his regards.

Best of all, I had a conversation with Bobby Robson at St. James'.  I had gone there with a friend who was going there to get a free blood-pressure test they were giving. As we were leaving Bobby pulled up and got out of his car. I audaciously went up to him and introduced myself. It was a Wednesday and there was a game that night and he asked me if I was going and did I have tickets(I did). Said he had been to California and loved it. We shook hands and he went into the offices. Sadly he was sacked the following Monday.

• Like 1

I once seen Sir Bobby in Sacriston village, he got out of a BMW 7 series and went to the cashpoint. (The building used to be a bank)

I was off school poorly & on the way to the Drs with my Nanna. She wouldn’t let me go and say hello and said he tell me off for being off school :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I lived in Fenham until I was seven, my sister swears she seen Ant McPartlin get a kicking at a bus stop a few roads up from us. He probably would have been in Byker at the time. Speaking of Ant and Dec, Dec used to be well into Irish dancing as a kid, I know this because we used to go to the Irish club near the stadium every week and there use to be Irish dancing upstairs. If I recall correctly Dec's parents, who my own parents were friendly with, at least ran if not owned the Irish Club at the time.

Met Supermac when I was 16, me & some mates were having a kick about on the pitch outside Gateshead Stadium. This car pulled up & 2 blokes got out one had a camera the other guy came over & asked for a kick off the ball. We suddenly realised it was Supermac . The ball was mine & after the kick about I asked Supermac to sign it. About 2 weeks later one of my mates came around with a copy of Shoot magazine on one of the pages was a picture of me & Supermac with him signing the ball. Also mam & dad went to the World Premier of the Likely Lads Film at the ABC Westgate Rd. Mam & dad were first in the queue nobody else was there as they were waiting a car pulled up. Supermac got out & said to dad "do you want to meet the stars" dad said yes they went in a side door & had drinks with the cast & crew. He didnt have to do that btw James Bolam never turned up for the Premier

Edited by trooper
  • Like 1

I met his son at Durham blues festival. 

As his dad was one of my favourite guitarists I asked him what kind of guitar he played. 

He said “I don’t”. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I met his son at Durham blues festival. 

As his dad was one of my favourite guitarists I asked him what kind of guitar he played. 

He said “I don’t”. 

Saw said son at Kingston Mines blues club in Chicago (he happened to be on the bill) and thought this’ll be good, I bet he’s a canny player, and your right, he doesn’t.😂

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official