Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

55 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Nee idea who he is but there’s no way he’s better informed than Edwards and Keys 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Edwards performing his twat act again this morning, too. Probably a bottle of wine too much yesterday to celebrate the club’s best ever season under Brucey.

It’ll be the opposite, ie because he couldn’t troll fans about Bruce having a better points tally than last season. His hangover won’t have helped though. 

It just goes to show how much of an unlikeable prick Edwards is when the only coat tails he can hang on to belong to Steve Bruce :lol: 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fun while it lasted 

If that's correct and they don't like the "structure" that suggests to me they don't like the prospect of a large influx of money and I reckon as I said before it's pressure from the "big" clubs. 

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

If that's correct and they don't like the "structure" that suggests to me they don't like the prospect of a large influx of money and I reckon as I said before it's pressure from the "big" clubs. 

If they are rejecting it on the basis of this they are cunts of the highest order. Not just because of the decision but if those were the reasons they could have rejected the takeover 15 weeks ago. Instead they have put the club in the worst possible limbo while most other clubs were able to “plan” for next season.

• Like 2

Luke Edwards article, the bloke wrote a piece about how the bid itself was bullshit because he didn’t understand the Company House filing at the start of this. Not saying it’s not the case and there are others reporting it, I just like to point out what an insufferable helmet that man is. 

Edited by Howay

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Luke Edwards article, the bloke wrote a piece about how the bid itself was bullshit because he didn’t understand the Company House filing at the start of this. Not saying it’s not the case and there are others reporting it, I just like to point out what an insufferable helmet that man is. 

It’s strange how he keeps sticking to promote Mauriss as an alternative bidder but isn’t offering any information about him even though a lot of questions about his credibility have been raised.

I am also sceptical about his claim that the period of exclusivity has expired. Normally that kind of period does only cover negotiations but in this case a deal has already been reached and contracts signed. Agreeing to another deal could lead to rather expensive court cases .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It’s strange how he keeps sticking to promote Mauriss as an alternative bidder but isn’t offering any information about him even though a lot of questions about his credibility have been raised.

I am also sceptical about his claim that the period of exclusivity has expired. Normally that kind of period does only cover negotiations but in this case a deal has already been reached and contracts signed. Agreeing to another deal could lead to rather expensive court cases .

Agreed, also iirc only one bid can undergo the O&D test at a time so it would make any ‘exclusivity’ fairly meaningless. 

I also don’t really understand the “not liking the structure”, as you say it’s been there since day 1 so if this is what they’ve been faffing on with for 4 months that’s a complete disgrace. I also don’t see what difference it makes to the PL who has final say if they’re all involved in the O&D test? Unless Edwards point is that they think the decisions would come from outside the Officers/Directors listed, such as MBS? In which case I think it’s pretty farcical to presume the leader of a country would be making day to day decisions for a relatively small asset in his portfolio, he’d leave that to the trusted members who have been appointed as officers and directors by his investment staff. I also don’t really see how that would actually hold up upon rejection? What would the Saudis even be able to do to answer what would essentially just be an incompetent wanker (Masters) simply not believing them? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Agreed, also iirc only one bid can undergo the O&D test at a time so it would make any ‘exclusivity’ fairly meaningless. 

I also don’t really understand the “not liking the structure”, as you say it’s been there since day 1 so if this is what they’ve been faffing on with for 4 months that’s a complete disgrace. I also don’t see what difference it makes to the PL who has final say if they’re all involved in the O&D test? Unless Edwards point is that they think the decisions would come from outside the Officers/Directors listed, such as MBS? In which case I think it’s pretty farcical to presume the leader of a country would be making day to day decisions for a relatively small asset in his portfolio, he’d leave that to the trusted members who have been appointed as officers and directors by his investment staff. I also don’t really see how that would actually hold up upon rejection? What would the Saudis even be able to do to answer what would essentially just be an incompetent wanker (Masters) simply not believing them? 

Even if so, how does it matter? Of course they could say that MBS is a dodgy character but I doubt they have either the stomach to do so as well the evidence to prove it in court in case of an appeal. There is also no possible way for the PL to influence decision processes behind the scenes.

• Like 1

Shirley the first couple of questions of the O&D test  would have been whose buying the club ? Also who'll be running it ? For this to be holding things up 4 months in is amateurish by the PL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Even if so, how does it matter? Of course they could say that MBS is a dodgy character but I doubt they have either the stomach to do so as well the evidence to prove it in court in case of an appeal. There is also no possible way for the PL to influence decision processes behind the scenes.

Agreed, I mean from what I have read about the actual O&D test I don’t see how MBS would fail that anyway (since it’s mostly about having money, not being involved in fraud in football, and never bankrupting a football club before). I’m honestly at the point where I just feel the PL don’t know what to do so are sitting on it and hoping the Saudis pull the plug on the bid. 

• Like 2

Very true. 

So are Edwards and Burts (who has written numerous articles about how the deal will be complete “in the coming days”) saying the PL essentially don’t believe the people who are subject to the O&D test are the true Officers and directors? If so then that’s a bizzare and frankly impossible bridge to gap, as the bidders point will be that they are. I also don’t understand what difference it makes to the PL which one of the people subject to the O&D test make the “final” decision, if they all clear the test what difference does it make? I admit I’ve not read the article as I don’t pay for the telegraph, but from the quoted bits I’ve seen it doesn’t make much sense. 

Edited by Howay

23 minutes ago, Kitman said:

So this is what we’re reduced to, speculating about speculation. It’s gone on way too long, somebody should sue the PL for boring us to death. 

:lol:
You’d think we’d be used to it. 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official