Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

وسيوقع ترانكيلو بارنيتا قبل يوم الجمعة

توصي جو هارت بالرأس والكتفين للأيدي المشعرة

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Just another day in the perfectly normal takeover saga. These are all routine proceedings.

:lol:

Yep, more clear, and concise information that the PL will use to make a swift decision when they bother to get to it in a year or so. 

Edited by Howay

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

وسيوقع ترانكيلو بارنيتا قبل يوم الجمعة

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

توصي جو هارت بالرأس والكتفين للأيدي المشعرة

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

هذا التقرير واسع النطاق

Well, that's easy for all of you to say

• Haha 1

I actually don’t see how the appeal does affect the decision in any way. Taking the report in its present form it does not provide any basis to reject the takeover, meaning an  appeal by KSA  doesn’t change anything in this regard.

It’s been indicated that the PL is unhappy with Al Qasabi being media minister as well as on the board of PIF, but I honestly can’t fathom why this is seen as a problem. He has been appointed into this position in February 2020. I haven’t seen anything indicating that he has been involved in anything regarding piracy before he assumed office. As the PIF is obviously linked to the state I don’t know why there is a problem having a minister as a board member. I might be rather thick, but surely if the PL wants to stop piracy in KSA then it should be best having the minister in some way responsible.

I did also have another look at the WTO report and did notice that they did publish additional information, especially the arguments from both sides as well as from third parties. It’s telling that Qatar produced evidence in form of a statement from an (alleged) BeoutQ employee, exhibit-222, linking the running of the channel directly to the Saudi government. There were arguments from both sides about the timing when the evidence was submitted (on the last day) as well as about the request from Qatar for the need of special measures of confidentiality. The panel did allow the evidence to be submitted but didn’t draw any conclusion from it, meaning they didn’t deem the witness to be credible.

• Like 3

I just keep coming back to the fact rejecting it on grounds of being worried about piracy resolves absolutely nothing, if anything it would make it worse.

This is all an issue of the PL’s making, the rights shouldn’t be sold regionally like this, especially a region that is so divided. Without that fucking absurd way of selling the rights there’d be no piracy issue as Saudi Arabia would have their own rights. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

الجمعة ، أليس كذلك؟

I've give you a like, but I haven't got a clue what you and all those arab typing fellas are are about

I’m just speculating but it feels like the PL want to reject the bid to appease the clubs who don’t want us to have a benefactor with more money than them. But they don’t have the stones or the justification to do it. Pathetic if that’s the case 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Carl said:

Twitter rumours that the Premier League are no longer the hold up, its Ashley.

Contracts are signed and exchanged he can’t hold it up.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I’m just speculating but it feels like the PL want to reject the bid to appease the clubs who don’t want us there have a benefactor with more money than them. But they don’t have the stones or the justification to do it. Pathetic if that’s the case 

Yep

They don't want us at the top table

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official