Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 hours ago, Carl said:

I dont want to get all "tin foil hatty" but the longer this goes on it really does seem like the Qataries have a role in this, I just hope and pray that the Masters and co are not taking bungs, I like to thing of UK sport been clean, but i suppose if they can bribe the governing body of Football anyone is fair game.

It does seem like Masters is buying time by not saying anything and then getting spooked by one bloke with his bait in his backpack.

:lol:

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

This shouldn't be about appearances. It should be about the very limited requirements as set out in the owners and directors test that was agreed by all 20 clubs, the PL have no power to develop common law.

As long as the Saudis are involved they will be subject to the test no matter what way you fudge the numbers. The test applies to anyone named as a director, thought to be a shadow director or anyone with 'control of the club'. There's no way the Saudis aren't going to be the major partner here and no way they're not going to want one of their own on the board.

I totally agree. That’s why I don’t get all this messing around. It’s been totally clear who is involved in the takeover and how it is structured. Therefore the only question should have been if the piracy around BeoutQ prevents a Saudi entity to be involved in the running of a club in the Premierleague.

It’s been a simple yes or no right from the start. The Premierleague has created this problem because of not giving a clear verdict either way.

• Like 3

Obviously I'm naive, but with all the stuff I've read about this over the last few days burying your head in the sand is against the rules set out in the owners test and in my eyes confirmation that something is up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kitman said:

I’ve no intention of watching any PL football. The whole thing stinks.

I’d lost interest anyway. If my laddie wasn’t into it I’d barely know what was going on. Final nail in the coffin for me now though. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’d lost interest anyway. If my laddie wasn’t into it I’d barely know what was going on. Final nail in the coffin for me now though. 

Aye, it's sad.  What has made me angry more than anything is the investment into the region that's been mentioned.  The region is going to suffer so much because of this.  It goes beyond a game of football.

I don’t feel angry because it was so predictable.

Dirty money is only for historically elite clubs (sic) like Man City & Chelsea. 

Football is shite these days mainly & Newcastle United are the worst of it. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye, it's sad.  What has made me angry more than anything is the investment into the region that's been mentioned.  The region is going to suffer so much because of this.  It goes beyond a game of football.

Massive investment in the part of the country set to be most fucked by Brexit and not even an explanation from the body responsible  

• Like 1

So it looks like the other premier league teams are against this as well, I'll put it on record to say I have no issue if the rest of the league hate us so long as this takeover goes through.

I remember the 80s when all clubs more or less hated each other and there was none of this half and half scarves and the likes of Sunderland and Everton holding hands. Fuck the lot of them.

8 minutes ago, trooper said:

The PL dont want this to go through, that's the bottom line.

It would be nice if they could tell that poor bloke standing outside their headquarters just now.

13 minutes ago, Carl said:

So it looks like the other premier league teams are against this as well, I'll put it on record to say I have no issue if the rest of the league hate us so long as this takeover goes through.

I remember the 80s when all clubs more or less hated each other and there was none of this half and half scarves and the likes of Sunderland and Everton holding hands. Fuck the lot of them.

How are they involved in the process though? I mean I know why they are but by the book it should have fuck all to do with them. 

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official