Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

14 hours ago, Alex said:

How are they involved in the process though? I mean I know why they are but by the book it should have fuck all to do with them. 

By the book, the takeover should have been approved about 2 months ago :( 

• Like 1

How Keys gets his information about the process is one of the things fueling my scepticism about the process. When he claimed that the takeover would be approved a couple of weeks ago I do highly doubt that he got his information from someone on the buying side but rather from someone inside of the PL. 

I found the regulations about the test again, they are publisher in the PL handbook which you can find on their website. Looking at it I can see no plausible reason why they didn’t make a timely decision either way. If they thought the information provided to them to be insufficient then it would have been possible to simply fail the bid.

Keys had about as much information as any other journalist i.e. none. He was put out there to parrot the Bein line.

Any link Hoffman might have with his employer from 12 years ago is highly unlikely to be enough for him to sabotage a £300m deal today.

In other words, it's a bullshit theory.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Keys had about as much information as any other journalist i.e. none. He was put out there to parrot the Bein line.

Any link Hoffman might have with his employer from 12 years ago is highly unlikely to be enough for him to sabotage a £300m deal today.

In other words, it's a bullshit theory.

I am not sure about journalists not having any information. There were too many of them being well connected, either the buyers or the PL.

I do agree about the Barclays theory being bullshit though.

It's not the Barclays thing that gets me, it's Keys and Hoffman knowing each other since childhood and things going very quiet on the takeover front after  the beginning of June, sort of after 1st June, the date Hoffman started his new job at the Premier League. 

All just coincidence, am sure...

• Like 1

I’m glad our fans are pushing this through social media, the newspapers and local MPs but..... does anyone think it’s going to have any impact whatsoever? The PL are going to claim confidentiality on this until it dies down and goes away. The Saudi’s have done their job for them by withdrawing the bid 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I’m glad our fans are pushing this through social media, the newspapers and local MPs but..... does anyone think it’s going to have any impact whatsoever? The PL are going to claim confidentiality on this until it dies down and goes away. The Saudi’s have done their job for them by withdrawing the bid 

It might make the fans feel like they're doing something. But I doubt the PL will give a toss.

If there’s a confidentiality clause in place then at least one, and arguably two, of the parties involved have already reneged on it.

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

If there’s a confidentiality clause in place then at least one, and arguably two, of the parties involved have already reneged on it.

They've certainly put their cards on the table but that doesn't give the PL permission to open the door. Plus MA will need to agree. It would make sense if all parties agreed an open letter stating they'll allow the PL to state their case. 

I don’t see how they could possibly be compelled to in any case. They would just argue any agreements are no longer valid since the bid is no longer taking place. They couldn’t even be compelled to actually carry out and apply their own test to the bid in the first place. 

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t see how they could possibly be compelled to in any case. They would just argue any agreements are no longer valid since the bid is no longer taking place. They couldn’t even be compelled to actually carry out and apply their own test to the bid in the first place. 

A different point of view would be for the PL being very vary in case of legal proceedings. As UM said at least Staveley did put a lot on the table. She does accuse the PL of being dishonest, it might even be borderline libellous. She does put her credibility on the table which might hurt her in future attempts to be involved in football.

But on the other hand, if there is some truth in what she said then the PL would be on shaky ground if she could prove even just glimpses of her allegations. 

There might be a lot at stake for all involved.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official