Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Aye, interesting and good unbiased information from Jacobs. Nice to see that wanker “Geordie Dentist” pitched in to act like he knows something and it’s all just speculation, despite Jacobs clearly saying numerous times he has gotten this from people involved :lol:, there’s a right group of wankers on NUFC twitter who fancy themselves as being involved in things that are fucking miles outside their remit and that fucking dentist that lives in the UAE is a prime one. 

I think it also makes the decision to stick with Bruce even more baffling too. Ashley and his team are trying to win this to clear the way for the consortium, a consortium that have likely told them (especially if they’ve really been open about it with Jacobs) that relegation would lead to a price drop in the £85m - £100m range, why wouldn’t they also try and do at least more than completely gamble on Bruce to keep the club in the league? Baffling. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye, interesting and good unbiased information from Jacobs. Nice to see that wanker “Geordie Dentist” pitched in to act like he knows something and it’s all just speculation, despite Jacobs clearly saying numerous times he has gotten this from people involved :lol:, there’s a right group of wankers on NUFC twitter who fancy themselves as being involved in things that are fucking miles outside their remit and that fucking dentist that lives in the UAE is a prime one. 

I think it also makes the decision to stick with Bruce even more baffling too. Ashley and his team are trying to win this to clear the way for the consortium, a consortium that have likely told them (especially if they’ve really been open about it with Jacobs) that relegation would lead to a price drop in the £85m - £100m range, why wouldn’t they also try and do at least more than completely gamble on Bruce to keep the club in the league? Baffling. 

#mikeashleylogic

• Like 2

On 06/03/2021 at 01:33, Polarboy said:

I know bugger all about the law, but I'm sure I've heard it was the case that if a solicitor gives advice to someone on one side of an argument, they have to recuse themselves from further involvement on the basis of a conflict of interest. Maybe it's more of an Americanism in terms of the law, but then again I'm sure they follow English common law. Granted I know about this from hearing that rich US couples race each other to get advice from the best divorce lawyers so the other can't hire them, so admittedly not the most highbrowed or relevant of sources.

No, conflict of interest applies in England, as well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

tl/dr and legal speak - can you translate or provide a succinct takeaway?

The way I read it was that it was never likely that the member of the panel would be removed, but the raising the question of bias is likely a tactic to try and stop bias. Or at least better arm them should they want to appeal the eventual decision?

The request for the process to be public was unlikely to be granted because it's a private company challenging a private company,

The club are still pushing hard for the takeover to go through.

That author seems to suggest (to me) that the KSA have, in their law, clear separation between the PIF and the state. Even though there are ministers on the PIF board, it is in their law that the two are separate and distinct. Which is encouraging.

It is a madness that Ashley hasn't pulled the trigger on Bruce and thrown a fat wedge at someone who would all but guarantee survival. If Bruce does take us down, Ashley loses c£180m on the asking price, the Saudis may well sack it off entirely, which means Ashley will have to spend another £30m to get us back up, he'll likely need to replace Bruce (c£4m), roll the dice on a new manager, etc.

Spending £4m now makes financial, logical, footballing sense.

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is there a tl/dr version of Fish’s post for those of us that are past caring?

The challenges served their purpose, takeover isn't dead, Tom's a cunt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So the Saudi government stated the PiF and the state were two separate entities, then the PL asked the UK government who agreed they were two separate entities yet the PL still pursued this thread? While I agree it’s pretty likely they’re heavily commingled I’m not really sure it’s the PL’s duty to go this deep into things when at state governance level everyone involved seems happy there’s no issue. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howay said:

So the Saudi government stated the PiF and the state were two separate entities, then the PL asked the UK government who agreed they were two separate entities yet the PL still pursued this thread? While I agree it’s pretty likely they’re heavily commingled I’m not really sure it’s the PL’s duty to go this deep into things when at state governance level everyone involved seems happy there’s no issue. 

They were looking for a way to say no, at least that's certainly what it looks like.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They were looking for a way to say no, at least that's certainly what it looks like.

Agree, I was just trying to look at it from another angle and see if there was any other reason for them to act the way they did but it’s pretty damning stuff imo. When your own government is basically telling you to pack it in it’s a bit ridiculous to keep pursuing that unless as you say it’s simply a reason to block it. 

Edited by Howay

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It does increasingly look they were applying delaying tactics in the hope something would come up for them to reject the takeover.

I wonder what else will come to the surface, especially during arbitration.

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

It would be fucking class if it all blew up in Masters’ face like 

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

It would be fucking class if it all blew up in Masters’ face like 

I'd find it hilarious if a fucking molotov cocktail blew up in his face.

• Haha 3

:lol: I just imagine Masters crawling under a desk somewhere in the offices the arbitration is being held only to find Charnley there “I’m sorry Richard, I just like to get away sometimes, It’s really any time I have to make a decision really I just hide under here. That Bruce is doing a shocking job I just really have been hoping he quits for the last few month so I wouldn’t have to do anything” “Tell me about it Lee, this whole Saudi kerfuffle put me in a right fluffery buffery, I had that Levy and the Americans from Liverpool telling me I needed to reject it but I just couldn’t make a decision so I just kept telling everyone it was close” “ooooh that’s a good one, Mike wants me to fire all the club shop people something about Furlough and saving money, I was thinking about scaletrix so zone out when he talks about business stuff, anyway maybe saying something about the takeover being close will help!” 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 5

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official