Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

8 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

It kind of veered off into my son being signed for Tampa Bay Lightning while we were at the new disneyland in the rockies.

Yep, we're fucked. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

It kind of veered off into my son being signed for Tampa Bay Lightning while we were at the new disneyland in the rockies.

On acid 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What would it achieve as an act of desperation though? I think the very most we can say about it is that it's telling us absolutely nothing other than arbitration is still ongoing, and that the club believes it has a case but has concerns about how 'fair' the final decision will be without public scrutiny. If the club didn't have a case, it wouldn't be clamouring for transparency.

I suppose the other interpretation would be that the Ashley knows he's lost and is seeking to poison the well ahead of the outcome being issued - but I'm not sure what he would stand to gain from that unless he's just being vindictive.

As for the takeover itself, I was under the impression that the Saudis had indicated that they were still prepared to look at this? I can't remember the source though so maybe it was nonsense.

That's what I'm convinced of. I can't see how it would strengthen their case, but it will inevitably raise questions about the legitimacy of the process. 

Much like the initial appeal to remove one party in the arbitration case because of suggested bias. It wasn't necessarily looking to remove the person, more to shine a light on them and seek to prevent a ruling that could be painted as biased.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

What would it achieve as an act of desperation though? 

Like most acts of desperation, very little. That’s kind of the point.

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Like most acts of desperation, very little. That’s kind of the point.

I think we disagree on the semantics of the phrase here somewhat - I see acts of desperation as being things like launching a nuclear missile at your enemies in the face of obliteration, which this certainly is not - but I get the overall point nonetheless.

He’s spending time, money and effort on this if he thinks he can make money out of it. Could be the takeover going through or it could be compensation. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

toxic :lol:

Fucking daft cunt has spent most of his time making this whole thing toxic by going on the wind-up constantly and then inventing another competitive takeover bid in an attempt to sell papers. The sooner he steps over the line and is demoted to covering local, page-filling bullshit, the better 

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, OTF said:

Who did we sign in your dream? Haaland, Messi, Shola, Kuqi?

If there's a takeover and we sign Kuqi, the papers can have Kuqi Coup as their headline for free. 

• Haha 4

Luke Edwards is a cock. It’s clear no one showed enough interest to his first attempt so he has kept going. As Rayvin said the bloke is completely clueless, I’m not saying the takeover will go through but the bloke just keeps repeating its dead when it clearly hasn’t been. The bloke thought a clearly fraudulent bid by an American who lived in the most generic middle class American house was the true bid and the Saudi stuff was just made up :lol: what a twat. 

I see the attempt to make things public as just more brinksmanship, the PL keep trying to put off any decision or proceedings and now NUFC are trying to give them another thing they have to argue. I don’t see it as saying a whole lot one way or another, it’s no surprise at all to me that Edwards is trying to proclaim it means the bid is dead the same stupid cunt didn’t understand the bid in the first place so wrote a piece saying that means it’s not truthful. I don’t think it’ll happen fwiw, I think Ashley is just aiming for compensation and the Saudis have probably moved on but that’s just complete guesswork, I’m confident I know more about all this than Edwards though the fucking gimp. 

Imo it’s a story he wrote off from day 1 as he was traveling to the UEFA cup final and couldn’t be arsed at the time, then rather than climb down he just continued to double down on his position that it was all made up. It’s also all happening in business and legal areas he clearly doesn’t understand, which is fine but rather than do his job and maybe talk to people that know these processes he’s just carried on taking the lazy option and saying it’s all bollocks. The blokes stuff isn’t worth a second of anyone on here’s time, there’s far more insightful stuff wrote on here than anything that bloke writes. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Alex said:

He’s spending time, money and effort on this if he thinks he can make money out of it. Could be the takeover going through or it could be compensation. 

He's spending a bit of the non-refundable deposit the consortium paid him isn't he? :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

He's spending a bit of the non-refundable deposit the consortium paid him isn't he? :lol:

:lol: probably 

Yesterday one of my kids guessed what a reward was that he and his brother were potentially going to get. Immediately he was told that he could not tell his brother, which he agreed to. Within about 20 seconds I could hear his brother whinging about not knowing what it was. Instead of telling him what it was he immediately told his brother that he knew what it was. Which is the exact equivalent of this statement from the club. Reassuring to know the club carries on like a bunch of kids (8 and 5).

• Haha 4

Aye, I just see it as them trying to stop this closed doors decision making that Football governing bodies tend to do, and it’s a practice that is by and large done because their decisions don’t hold a great deal of weight legally as seen by Manchester City slapping FFP aside.

The PL received this for review and sat on it until the deal basically had to fall apart in order to create an event and allow them to pursue other means, they were allowed to just sit on it and pretend they were doing something since it’s all weirdly behind closed doors despite both parties being perfectly willing for it to be an open process. I think it was Cellinio at Leeds who was involved with an active court case that he had committed fraud, so the EFL (I think) blocked his move for Leeds on those grounds, he sought court proceedings and argued that he was not guilty of fraud and should be allowed to buy the club and won, and took control but shortly afterwards was found guilty and kept fighting that. I see something along those lines as fairly key in our argument, the PL will try and use the piracy argument but if they thought it really did hold weight why didn’t they just reject the bid and cite that? Instead they dragged it on behind closed doors knowing that since there hadn’t been any legal precedent finding them guilty of it they wouldn’t be able to hold much weight with it. I think this whole connecting the Saudis and asking MBS to submit to the O&D test is another of their little games as they know that was never happening, I think it’s also been found in French court that there was separation, as well as the UK Government being satisfied there was as well. While it clearly appears there isn’t and it’s a possibility the piracy claims have merit the PL is basically basing their “rejection” on accusations, which in and of itself is dodgy. I think trying to force it into the public space reduces the chances of them wriggling out of it through some behind closed doors agreement as they’ll have to actually substantiate their claims. 

I honestly don’t see how the PL win this as it seems dodgy as fuck tbh, they were basically demanding an absurd level of proof that apparently French legal courts, and the UK government did not need, so I think it’s a tough argument to demand they’re due that in a case they’re trying to basically restrict trade. Maybe the Saudis aren’t interested, Ashley wins and pockets the money, or they remain interested and we become the next monied club, but I just can’t see how the PL wins the same way I couldn’t see how UEFA could defend FFP. 

• Like 3

:lol: So he’s having a go at Newcastle fans who are discussing the tweet of a guy that’s involved with the consortium that’s trying to buy Newcastle, with the tweet itself being about the ongoing legal case regarding Newcastle and the takeover. He genuinely doesn’t understand how that would be newsworthy for Newcastle United fans? :lol: What a sanctimonious, stuck up little prick he is. I’d say I look forward to the day he’s replaced but I don’t give a flying fuck about the Telegraph tbh, they can employ the fool if they want. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: So he’s having a go at Newcastle fans who are discussing the tweet of a guy that’s involved with the consortium that’s trying to buy Newcastle, with the tweet itself being about the ongoing legal case regarding Newcastle and the takeover. He genuinely doesn’t understand how that would be newsworthy for Newcastle United fans? :lol: What a sanctimonious, stuck up little prick he is. I’d say I look forward to the day he’s replaced but I don’t give a flying fuck about the Telegraph tbh, they can employ the fool if they want. 

hope he falls in a compactor.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official