Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

35 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

agree largely with both the above posts.

my gripe with n.u.s.t. is I believe they need to be more militant. while the share scheme might be a reasonable idea I think it's almost certainly doomed to failure and more so that if we're likely to be stuck with ashley I reckon the fat cunt would relish its success. I'm sure he'd be rubbing his hands with glee at the prospect of being handed over £6m to completely ignore any input from a supporters group.

as it stands I'd be much happier to see money spent on four stand size banners highlighting premier league/big six corruption for the opening game against west ham.

the gallowgate covered with the face of masters stating his wish to see charity, then, no comment, no, comment, decline to comment.

maybe the leazes with masters face and then the comment 'the six clubs have agreed a voluntary contribution of £20m for plotting to destroy the football pyramid.

that sort of stuff.

Ashley will never see any of the money raised in that scheme, BD. I 100% wouldn't have put in anything otherwise. It's a pipe dream I get that and the way I look at it is I've put a few quid to NE charity via monthly donations or if the shit hits the fan a la Portsmouth or the mackems at least we'll be less susceptible to having del boy Don and Meth-head rolling up hitting us with leveraged buyouts and 2002 Ibiza tunes instead of the Blaydon races at half time and permanently fucking the club for good. That's the way I look at it, anyway. :good:

• Like 1

I know mate, I don't think for one second n.u.s.t. would hand over money to ashley or that anybody would've contributed to a pledge thinking that was a possibility. was just a general feeling that supporters on the whole are taken for granted by football club owners (ours in particular) and that fan involvement in clubs is viewed as a token gesture, whether they've paid for it or been given it voluntarily.

or at least that was the case.

it really upsets me stating this but, I have nothing other than admiration for what man utd supporters achieved a couple of months ago through direct action. they managed to get abandoned arguably the biggest fixture in world club football. it had a huge impact media wise and very probably with the glazers too.

I don't expect for a second n.u.s.t. to incite a riot, however I'll hold my hands up and admit I'd love too see something happen spontaneously along similar lines for our opening game next season.

if master's and his mates want to take the piss out of us for getting on 18 months, then we can take the piss out of a televised premier league game too.

I might be being overly nostalgic about 70s/80s newcastle support here but I honestly don't think that generation would've accepted being fucked about in the manner we have like this generation seem resigned to.

it makes feel really rather sad.   :(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I know mate, I don't think for one second n.u.s.t. would hand over money to ashley or that anybody would've contributed to a pledge thinking that was a possibility. was just a general feeling that supporters on the whole are taken for granted by football club owners (ours in particular) and that fan involvement in clubs is viewed as a token gesture, whether they've paid for it or been given it voluntarily.

or at least that was the case.

it really upsets me stating this but, I have nothing other than admiration for what man utd supporters achieved a couple of months ago through direct action. they managed to get abandoned arguably the biggest fixture in world club football. it had a huge impact media wise and very probably with the glazers too.

I don't expect for a second n.u.s.t. to incite a riot, however I'll hold my hands up and admit I'd love too see something happen spontaneously along similar lines for our opening game next season.

if master's and his mates want to take the piss out of us for getting on 18 months, then we can take the piss out of a televised premier league game too.

I might be being overly nostalgic about 70s/80s newcastle support here but I honestly don't think that generation would've accepted being fucked about in the manner we have like this generation seem resigned to.

it makes feel really rather sad.   :(

They wouldn't but different eras and you'd be identified now, made an example of and banned from football if you went on the pitch during a game. (Probably lose your job too, there'd be no hiding from it today). No mob mentality and similar fans packed together for the spontaneity now. Don't know what happened to the Man U lot and if they were already going to games but they'll get them eventually. Also, Man U fans along with Liverpool have more leverage over the media than we ever will have. They're the biggest customer fanbases for the media and there's 100% more people willing to listen to them than us. I'll be honest, time moves on and I suppose it's natural but I don't recognise some of our support these days and yes, there's always been knackers around but some of the stuff I've seen on my rare away days is out and out cockney wanker behaviour.

• Like 1

Supporters have until 5pm on Friday, 23rd July to renew their season tickets ahead of Newcastle United’s 2021/22 Premier League campaign.

Ah fuck I missed it 

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

What will I tell the children???

"There is no Santa, it's just Steve Bruce in a fake beard after some free whisky and mince pies"

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

So Fat Mike is to step down as Chief Exec of Sports Direct but luckily the most qualified person to replace him just happens to be his daughter's fiance.

How this man became a billionaire is a mystery.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Wait till you see Steve Bruce to sack Graeme Jones to appoint Alex to make him his successor 

‘Steve Bruce,his son’s agent,appoints his son as player/coach,with the intention of appointing his son as his successor in the SJP hot seat. ‘I just hope the supporters give him a chance when I stand down’.

On 05/08/2021 at 08:25, ewerk said:

So Fat Mike is to step down as Chief Exec of Sports Direct but luckily the most qualified person to replace him just happens to be his daughter's fiance.

How this man became a billionaire is a mystery.

in fairness to murray I've read a few articles which seem to consider he's doing a reasonable job of elevating sports directs profile and winning back leading brands to supplying his shops with their top of the range stuff.

I emphasise 'read', I'd rather cut me feet off with a rusty bread knife than walk in to anything ashley owns to experience whether the above is true personally.

anyway, good at his job or not as the head of elevation, murray would need to be a fucking miracle worker to raise the profile of nufc from the absolute cesspit of shite his future father in law has dragged it down to.

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Not sure if it was posted but here’s a Twitter thread on our accounts. Ashley’s a cunt if it wasn’t already clear. 

It's the stagnation of commercial revenue that I keep coming back to. Ashley's owned a Premier League club that's bobbled around the Deloitte top 20 richest clubs, yet we've been overtaken by Brighton and Leicester, both teams who were in the third tier of English football in 08/09.  I mean, Jesus Christ, Brighton and Leicester have spent 4 and 8 years in the top flight respectively during Ashley's 14yrs, where we've spent 12. It should be mortifying to a businessman of his success to have failed so spectacularly, especially when the Premier League has been so successful a product worldwide.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But yet Charnley still managed to double his salary last year.

Is he still the lowest paid of the ... best paid directors in the Prem?

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's the stagnation of commercial revenue that I keep coming back to. Ashley's owned a Premier League club that's bobbled around the Deloitte top 20 richest clubs, yet we've been overtaken by Brighton and Leicester, both teams who were in the third tier of English football in 08/09.  I mean, Jesus Christ, Brighton and Leicester have spent 4 and 8 years in the top flight respectively during Ashley's 14yrs, where we've spent 12. It should be mortifying to a businessman of his success to have failed so spectacularly, especially when the Premier League has been so successful a product worldwide.

I’ve said the same thing loads to the pricks who say what a fantastic business man he is in reference to how he runs the club. It seems to me he’s not really interested in the club beyond it turning a profit via premier league survival on a shoestring and as an asset.  That’s why Charnley keeps his job. He’s cheap and the club continues to tick over. If what the owner said was true about wanting the club to be successful but also living within its means then commercial revenue would be maximised. Likewise the academy would be a priority because you can make money be selling to Championship clubs even if not many players make the grade in the PL. Survival / stagnation is easier. What it ignores is how lucky his high risk strategy has been with our being able to bounce straight back from two relegations. Even under Bruce, a frankly ludicrous appointment, we’ve accrued more points than our football deserves. Given the owner’s inability to learn from past mistakes you’d have to think another spell in the Championship is on the post if he doesn’t manage to sell up first. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official