Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Never you worry about that, just get the camera set up in front of your TV.

It’ll only be official then…..

• Haha 2

I’m still in the Spongebob / Jimbo’s telly mindset but KD might be onto something re: the PL not being keen on arbitration. It could just be the PL are only really arsed about what BEIN thinks about the takeover. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m still in the Spongebob / Jimbo’s telly mindset but KD might be onto something re: the PL not being keen on arbitration. It could just be the PL are only really arsed about what BEIN thinks about the takeover. 

I’m ready…..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If it’s a choice between this awful shitty-arsed Steve Bruce era or another 3 months of takeover bollocks, I’m all in on the latter. Let’s endure the inevitable crushing disappointment all over again

Fyp

Well I had planned to just ignore this but the last two pages from you lot of dragged me in with you.

Still not sure how I feel about the ethics of this, but Bruce's football is basically a crime against humanity anyway. Do you think they'll keep him about? :lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Haha 6

I still don’t think it happens. I’ve always felt the piracy piece was just one part of their reluctance, with the fact it was also potentially shaking up their beloved “big six” being the other reason. The structure argument still holds for the PL and I really can’t see them relenting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

I still don’t think it happens. I’ve always felt the piracy piece was just one part of their reluctance, with the fact it was also potentially shaking up their beloved “big six” being the other reason. The structure argument still holds for the PL and I really can’t see them relenting. 

I don’t think there’s any ruling against the state not being involved with the club. Seems like they were unhappy with that state committing piracy against their own league. This is a negative-free zone, please check yourself.

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

It could be that the PL actually doesn't have that much of a case on any other level though. Ashley's determination to have his day in court might be forcing their hand a bit. This gesture from SA maybe allows all concerned to walk back from the rather stupid hills they chose to die on.

That said, I daresay there'll be a few more twists and turns ahead yet.

Edited by Rayvin

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I don’t think there’s any ruling against the state not being involved with the club. Seems like they were unhappy with that state committing piracy against their own league. This is a negative-free zone, please check yourself.

The issue more is that MBS will never submit to an O&D test, the PL know that and have been using that structure argument to block or at least obstruct the deal on behalf of the “big six”. No one would be happier than I for this to go through but I just can’t bring myself to be excited about this and then yet again have to come crashing back to Earth with a Steve Bruce shrugging press conference after the PL block it. 

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

It could be that the PL actually doesn't have that much of a case on any other level though. Ashley's determination to have his day in court might be forcing their hand a bit. This gesture from SA maybe allows all concerned to walk back from the rather stupid hills they chose to die on.

That said, I daresay there'll be a few more twists and turns ahead yet.

That’s the hope, but their argument that the PiF and Saudi state are one in the same is obviously a murky one to fight off which is likely why they’ve picked at it. They’ve never given a flying fuck about MBS being involved it’s always been a tool to obstruct, maybe they will climb down but I just worry it’s only removed one part of their resistance. 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official