Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

I loved James Perch tbh :lol: 

You're thinking of Perchinho our continental defensive midfielder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Alan Pardew :lol: Had almost forgotten that happened. 8 year contract FFS.

Just went over to RTG btw and can see the Fish is on there trying to manage the mackems' expectations and reassuring them that we won't really spend very much. This is the weird fucking world that he's made for himself over there tbh, he's talking them down from getting over excited about this takeover instead of the other way around.

We're not going to Man City it, and you're a child if you think we are.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Aye I’d be going in the complete opposite direction if I was sad enough to post on a mackem board :lol: 

Last posted here on Monday but flat out over on RTG? Always knew he was a wrong 'un.

Just now, The Fish said:

Technically you're not allowed to unless you want to risk punishment by way of.... fines.

I'd imagine that they will improve things from the ground up starting with training facilities and academy. Honestly a proper manager and three of four top level players makes a massive difference to our squad. We can look forward to progression for once.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

no, you're right, we're going to be a lot richer 

And yet, FFP and the very landscape of football means we can't just spunk a few hundred million over a couple of seasons and buy the title.

Just now, The Fish said:

And yet, FFP and the very landscape of football means we can't just spunk a few hundred million over a couple of seasons and buy the title.

has FFP changed that much? it's the richest clubs that are still in the champions league every year 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

has FFP changed that much? it's the richest clubs that are still in the champions league every year 

The point of FFP was not to protect smaller clubs from overspending, it was to protect bigger clubs from the threat of competition from smaller clubs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I'm not passing comment on it either way since neither you nor I have any fucking clue at this point what their actual ambitions are, although you clearly have more faith in FFP than I do - I just thought it was amusing that you were talking Sunderland fans back from the edge while they were going on as if we were a new superpower. 

FWIW I also suspect that even if we did spend £1bn tomorrow it still wouldn't be enough to win us the league since things like winning require long term strategy and planning. But don't doubt for a second that they're capable of citying it and if they can find a sustainable way of doing it, quite possibly will city it.

Fish is doing good work with the paedo’s tbh. 

Now that we’re the richest club in the fucking world, it’s important that we don’t lose touch with the less fortunate, like Uncal Mick, Little Mick and Basic Mick. 
With that in mind, I’ve started a Go fund me to buy them a new pair of communal trainers and some teeth. 

• Haha 7

Just had talksport on in the car, something I never do but thought today was the day.

Lot of backtracking and siding with fans from White and Jordan now, the shitehawks. Hope the club bans their entire station 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Not purely because they're the richest, because they're built on foundations stronger than ours are now. Patience padawan.

1 minute ago, trophyshy said:

surely we can now afford both?  

No. Choose. 

Like you have to choose between supporting Newcastle United, or thinking murdering journalists is bad. You cannot possibly do both at the same time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No. Choose. 

Like you have to choose between supporting Newcastle United, or thinking murdering journalists is bad. You cannot possibly do both at the same time.

Do podcasters count as journalists? Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official