Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Shearer in the Chronicle 

"I think I saw today Mike Ashley had a net spend of around £130m over his 14 years.

"My maths isn't great but that's around £10m per year, and to have a football club that has that passionate support, 52,000 almost guaranteed week in week out, then that's not a huge investment at all.

"We're now going to have owners that will invest and listen to the fans, and that's all our fans have asked for."

6 hours ago, Howay said:

I’m actually creasing at these cunts that are trying to make out there’s any chance Bruce stays on :lol:

Also just read that stupid little mackem loser Glendennings shit article, honestly the bitterness and fume from little bottom feeders like him is enough but the trophies to follow will be outrageous. Genuinely don’t know how to feel about all of this but I am steaming and didn’t do a lick of graft today, so in a way had a typical day in the life of Lee Ryder. 

It’s odd how it took NUFC being bought by the Saudis for people to realise just how much they cared about a journalist they know virtually nothing about and the human rights issues in a country they know even less about. 

• Like 3

The training ground has to be number one priority.  They can't have potential players coming in and seeing lads in fucking ice bath wheelie bins for fuck sake.  SBR fought tooth and nail to get that training facility and FCB let it fucking rot.

6 hours ago, Howay said:

I’m actually creasing at these cunts that are trying to make out there’s any chance Bruce stays on :lol:

Also just read that stupid little mackem loser Glendennings shit article, honestly the bitterness and fume from little bottom feeders like him is enough but the trophies to follow will be outrageous. Genuinely don’t know how to feel about all of this but I am steaming and didn’t do a lick of graft today, so in a way had a typical day in the life of Lee Ryder. 

I put talksport on driving home to a clip from a clip, in this case Jason Cundy. Cunty struggled to hold down a place in a SHIT Tottenham side and a SHIT Chelsea side who we regularly beat while he was there if you're struggling to think who the fuck this absolute nugget is? Anyway, nonentity Cundy reckons not only does nobody outside of Newcastle support Newcastle but we have zero history and have absolutely nothing. Honestly warmed the cockles of my heart listening to the fume coming from him. Suck it up cockney wanker, suck it up real good. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Shaun Middleton, the 60 year old who seems to dress like he thinks he’s a 12 year old going to spend Saturday at the Bridges and who interviews people outside the SoL who communicate by burping, has now decided he’s really really bothered about Khashoggi’s widow

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Did anyone see this bloke on newsnight? I thought he spoke brilliantly 

I’ve met Greg loads of times. He’s off (or was on) Newcastle Online. Used to often go to the Trent back in the days when I was a regular at the match. Nice lad, can’t comment on his family 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The thing is, these people who have suddenly discovered a deep concern for human rights in Saudi are getting air time because the takeover is big news. In a few days no one will be interested in hearing their gums flap

• Like 5

Shearer's take on the ethical conundrum.

This is not my natural field, but it seems to me that ethical issues have not played a huge part in Newcastle’s takeover. Or, to put that a different way, they have been part of the discussion, but not in the decision-making process. Should they be a fundamental strand of the owners’ and directors’ test? Perhaps they should, and perhaps the whole system of governance and ownership needs reform to reflect that. These are the rules that clubs have decided for themselves.

What I find harder to accept is that Newcastle fans should be asked to defend something they have no control over. Polls conducted by the club’s Supporters Trust have been overwhelmingly in favour of the takeover, which is one thing, but this is a transaction conducted between a billionaire and some richer billionaires. We haven’t been consulted. We haven’t had a choice. What we do have is a responsibility to go into it with open eyes.

If Saudi is your line in the sand, then I accept, respect and completely understand it. But there have been other lines, too. Maybe it was Russian involvement in the Premier League, China or Abu Dhabi. Maybe it was Americans using a club’s own money to help complete their purchase of it. Qatar is hosting a World Cup in just over a year’s time. Saudi Arabia invests in all kinds of businesses in this country and a variety of sports worldwide. It was only a matter of time before it turned to football.

It has turned to Newcastle and I’m excited about that prospect, as well as conflicted. I want my team to compete and to challenge and I want my club to mean something beyond their sullen, awkward, grumpy existence under Ashley. We have that chance now and I’m glad.

I want my club to represent my city and my region and not some distant, authoritarian regime, but it looks like the second thing is opening the way to the first.

Maybe it’s just our go.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Kitman said:

The thing is, these people who have suddenly discovered a deep concern for human rights in Saudi are getting air time because the takeover is big news. In a few days no one will be interested in hearing their gums flap

There is plenty to be appalled about with the  Saudi regime, not least the dismembering of a journalist with a bonesaw while he was still alive! (Potentially provided some inspiration for squid game btw)

What I don’t understand is why the criticism is directed at the supporters of the club rather than the PL for approving the takeover. We had about as much say in this as we did when Ashley bought the club. 

The game is gone. It sold its soul to the highest bidder when it let the oligarch in. Was there similar uproar back then? I can’t really remember tbh. The Saudi takeover is just the natural endgame. I suppose Putin or the Chinese state will be bidding for West Ham next 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

There is plenty to be appalled about with the  Saudi regime, not least the dismembering of journalists with a bonesaw while he was still alive! (Potentially provided some inspiration for squid game btw)

What I don’t understand is why the criticism is directed at the supporters of the club rather than the PL for approving the takeover. We had about as much say in this as we did when Ashley bought the club. 

The game is gone. It sold its soul to the highest bidder when it let the oligarch in. Was there similar uproar back then? I can’t really remember tbh. The Saudi takeover is just the natural endgame. I suppose Putin or the Chinese state will be bidding for West Ham next 

Thats essentially what Abramovichs ownership amounts to isn't it?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Shearer's take on the ethical conundrum.

That is extremely impressive and well argued. As Mick Martin said, why is acceptable to put the ethical onus on fans when Bin Salman literally has the red carpet rolled out for him at Buckingham Palace? 

• Like 9