Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If this had been Man Utd FUCK ALL would have been said.  It's small Newcastle, there is fucking outrage.  That's the fucking issue of it basically.

That is 100% my take on this too. If this had been Man Utd it would have been "expected" and "part of the order of things". An example of "how the sport is - no point crying over spilt milk, the horse bolted some time ago etc etc".

I have to say though, even for us the outrage isn't that big. Plenty of ordinary fans just enjoying the memes and excitement, I don't think all that many people are actually bothered by this.

When this first came up I thought we could do without being linked with all that shite. Now I couldn't give a fuck and am actually excited about the prospect of enjoying watching football again. 

I really, REALLY hope that the fans at the matches lay off any unsavoury chants that draw attention to the whole thing though. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Wah fucked.Neebody is going accept our over the top bids for players due to Saudi’s human rights record.

And the lacks of shopping opportunities for the WAGs. 

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That is 100% my take on this too. If this had been Man Utd it would have been "expected" and "part of the order of things". An example of "how the sport is - no point crying over spilt milk, the horse bolted some time ago etc etc".

I have to say though, even for us the outrage isn't that big. Plenty of ordinary fans just enjoying the memes and excitement, I don't think all that many people are actually bothered by this.

Yeah, only the mackems seem upset so that's actually an added bonus. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That was literally Delaney’s take a few years back. He’s now kicking off again with the human rights argument at the forefront, after having previously taken praise for the ridiculous notion he played a major role in scuppering the bid last time round. Incidentally, remember the outrage over the ESL? Even from the clubs’ own fans. It’s almost like it never happened 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/oct/08/saudi-takeover-of-newcastle-leaves-human-rights-to-fog-on-the-tyne

David Conn though, first journalist who has actually troubled me about it. I mean you read the article and it's full of "the great institution of Newcastle United, a beloved asset to the country" kind of rhetoric which, I mean come on, no one was saying anything of the sort about us under Ashley. You can't just turn it on now.

But looking past that a lot of what he's said does still land.

Still though, if a slight unease is the worst I'm going to get from this then I suppose that says it all.

Aye the fans of other clubs are just doing what fans do. Us vs them. What makes them different? Their new owners are horrific? Super news.

I'm not bothered by that as I don't have to defend Saudi Arabia. Just like I didn't defend Mike Ashley. Or Shepherd. 

Plus, the PL says there's separation so technically, TECHNICALLY, we're owned by a few investment funds.

Edited by The Fish

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/oct/08/saudi-takeover-of-newcastle-leaves-human-rights-to-fog-on-the-tyne

David Conn though, first journalist who has actually troubled me about it. I mean you read the article and it's full of "the great institution of Newcastle United, a beloved asset to the country" kind of rhetoric which, I mean come on, no one was saying anything of the sort about us under Ashley. You can't just turn it on now.

But looking past that a lot of what he's said does still land.

Still though, if a slight unease is the worst I'm going to get from this then I suppose that says it all.

The Guardian seems to have gone to town on this. I tend to ignore it/consider it to be a bit of a joke. So I don’t know the answer to this but (as Renton alluded to) did they write this many articles about the Saudis around the time of the last state visit? I’m going to guess the answer is ‘no’ 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1