Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

None of those complaining will have watched Joshua vs Ruiz II

Oliver Holt was complaining first time round about the deal. Then subsequently tried to defend having attended that fight as wanting to experience a culture he had issues with (or words to that effect). 

Edited by Alex

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Another sack of shit 'jurno'  He's once cyclist I would love to see flattened. 

His show is absolutely appalling. Ironic discussing this, given it’s pure Daily Mail on there

• Like 2

Point has probably already been made, but I don't remember too many Newcastle fans going on 5 Live to be bombarded with questions about Sports Direct's appalling work practices. 

Not even sure there is a point there tbh. See what you think. Maybe let me know. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure Mike Ashley resorted to cutting workers hands off or murdering journalists but that's probably just down to a lack of opportunity.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 5

Just listened to an interview with Tyson Fury dad.  They said he can't be at Ringside tomorrow.  'But we don't need to get into that'  So I googled why.  He's got a criminal conviction for gouging a blokes eye out.  But OI YOU NEWCASTLE FANS SHOULD BE ASHMED!

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not sure Mike Ashley resorted to cutting workers hands off or murdering journalists but that's probably just down to a lack of opportunity.

Scab!

7 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If I’m out and someone want’s to discuss Saudi’s human rights record I’ll just tell them I am not aware of them.End of discussion .I have little interest in them,or knowledge of them.

Fwiw they'll believe you. 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Point has probably already been made, but I don't remember too many Newcastle fans going on 5 Live to be bombarded with questions about Sports Direct's appalling work practices. 

Not even sure there is a point there tbh. See what you think. Maybe let me know. :lol:

I think you’ll find that didn’t have to be defended because he wasn’t trying to break into the champions league spots 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Just listened to an interview with Tyson Fury dad.  They said he can't be at Ringside tomorrow.  'But we don't need to get into that'  So I googled why.  He's got a criminal conviction for gouging a blokes eye out.  But OI YOU NEWCASTLE FANS SHOULD BE ASHMED!

Welcome to Whataboutastic.net

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

I'm not sure Mike Ashley resorted to cutting workers hands off or murdering journalists but you run with it.

He would if he could 

Personally I’m loving the salty tears this morning from some other fans crying about ‘wahh they are an evil regime’. Couldn’t give a fuck myself, it’s about what happens on the pitch for me.. who gives a shit what owners are from where and do whatever within their own cultures. I wouldn’t care if it was another club, hate how the political side of things is constantly dragged up in sport these days it’s aids 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/oct/08/saudi-takeover-of-newcastle-leaves-human-rights-to-fog-on-the-tyne

David Conn though, first journalist who has actually troubled me about it. I mean you read the article and it's full of "the great institution of Newcastle United, a beloved asset to the country" kind of rhetoric which, I mean come on, no one was saying anything of the sort about us under Ashley. You can't just turn it on now.

But looking past that a lot of what he's said does still land.

Still though, if a slight unease is the worst I'm going to get from this then I suppose that says it all.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/25/manchester-citys-rise-from-stumbles-of-old-to-fine-tuned-global-product
This is how he recently wrote about Man City, while he mentions the complaints about the UAEs record he does so in passing and in an article that seems to be pretty much commending them. They can’t have it all ways, I’m fine if they want to talk about some grand plan to reform the game and remove all the blood money from it, but it has to be all of it you can’t arbitrarily draw a line in the sand like so many of them do (and clearly it’s impossible to do now the game and society in general is so entwined with it). 

As I mentioned yesterday when the takeover fell through Newcastle fans weren’t just laughed at we were then subject to all these people looking down on us for having the audacity to be excited for the deal in any capacity. These people are honestly acting like our only option is to just walk away from the club, our club that we’ve all grown up with and followed for our whole lives, and even if we do what the fuck do we get? The show moves on and in a few years these people will be writing about what a great job the PiF has done investing in the area and turning the club into a success. We’d just be denying ourselves entertainment and being able to enjoy our football club again while the rest of the world consumes masses of entertainment that gets funding from very similar sources. 

If they want to attack the PL, Saudi Arabia, etc that’s fine, they keep saying that’s what they’re doing but in many cases they’re also slating the fans and that’s the bit I can’t get away with at all. Little wankers like Delaney sharp moved on from worrying about the Saudi Arabian human rights record when the deal collapsed iirc he even got a bit of a chub on at the whiff of them possibly turning their eyes to buying Manchester United in the aftermath.

I suppose we’re just going to have to put up with the faux outrage and hand wringing from these types of people, all sent of course via their iPhone which was produced in foul ways by a foul regime, built from materials sourced in foul ways by foul regimes with horrible long lasting impacts on the regions it was sourced especially with how the by product was discarded, after they watched PL football games between sides owned by various middle eastern, Russian, Thai, Chinese etc ‘businessmen’ on their similarly sourced television. They of course stick their fingers in their ears and ignore all of that say what am I supposed to do about it and call the argument whataboutism, sorry like this ownership of Newcastle is absolutely no different, they can call my argument whataboutism and I’ll call them giant fucking hypocrites. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He was trying to get the other eye out when onlookers managed to stop him. I think his defence was it was a ‘straightener’ 

It's not the fans' job to defend the owners. The thousands outside the ground yesterday weren't celebrating the Saudis, they were celebrating a new dawn and the arrival of hope once again. Enjoying the 90's wasn't an endorsement of Sir John Hall's Tory views just as a protest against Mike Ashley wasn't a criticism of his working practices at Sports Direct. It was all about the club.

We're football fans happy that our team will once again be competing against the best in the country. It's as simple as that.

• Like 11

Listened to the Football Weekly podcast to hear what they had to say about it - it was recorded when the deal was imminent - Barry Glendenning went so far to say that if he were a Newcastle United supporter he would stop supporting them if PIF became the owners. Probably shouldn't take anything seriously from someone who willingly chose to support Sunderland.

Also it had been a while since I had listened and I was wondering who this new guest 'Nikki' was with a very distinct voice. Turns out Paolo Bandini came out as transgender and witb that she has has a whole new voice. Is it usual for a transgendered person to wholly change their voice like that? Her new voice is quite off putting in the context of a football podcast.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's not the fans' job to defend the owners. The thousands outside the ground yesterday weren't celebrating the Saudis, they were celebrating a new dawn and the arrival of hope once again. Enjoying the 90's wasn't an endorsement of Sir John Hall's Tory views just as a protest against Mike Ashley wasn't a criticism of his working practices at Sports Direct. It was all about the club.

We're football fans happy that our team will once again be competing against the best in the country. It's as simple as that.

Spot on, I want to add the one time I think our fans deserve stick in these articles is if they do lean in to things, start waving Saudi flags about and chanting in support of the regime etc. I did see a journalist reel back when NUST directed a letter to Al-Rummayan (sp?) as “His Excellency” but I discredit that bloke for that tbh, I don’t see a problem with showing respect like that it would be blatant support of actions/regimes I’d say leaves us open for attack from journalists. 

• Like 2