Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Great piece, exposing again how any anger over human rights should be directed at the PL

The PL has had a fucking mare with this tbf. Inconsistent, unprincipled, cowardly. It deserves any criticism it gets.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Great piece, exposing again how any anger over human rights should be directed at the PL

Yeah great point, no 'journalists' biting the hand that feeds them when that hand could have acted to stop the sale if it was at all about human rights. Instead it's suddenly the fans who are responsible for something they had no control over.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Sky saying we currently have over £200 mill to spend within the fair rules :lol: 

And we no longer have to consider it in terms of Mike Ashley values, where you have to take into account, wages, bonuses, agent fees, sign-on bonuses, future costs, past costs, power bills, bore hole costs and library fees as part of the transfer budget AKA 'warchest'.

• Haha 4

Yes you'd expect an influx of commercial sponsorship even if it's not fake Saudi cash injection stuff. Given that Ashley had almost fucking nothing in place on that front, we should have a few tens of millions to run at just from making the smallest effort.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

Yeah great point, no 'journalists' biting the hand that feeds them when that hand could have acted to stop the sale if it was at all about human rights. Instead it's suddenly the fans who are responsible for something they had no control over.

I think we need to keep talk about journalists and hands on the DL for a little bit. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

And that's before Aramco or whatever their name is become our sleeve sponsor

How long before they pay out Fun888 and replace them with the new SA based sponsor?

Maybe once they have their new Airline a little further along the line.

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The problem now though, prices will be inflated as we have rich owners.

That's not really a problem anymore though is it? Plus if you actually go after players based on who you really want as opposed to who's available at your price point you have always paid a premium.

That said it will be nice if/when we reach the tipping point where our profile and standing makes us more appealing to the best players without it having to be entirely about money.

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Not sure, he is again overstating the WTO judgements imho as well as putting a blind eye on the fairness of the legal process as conducted by the PL.  ot coming to a decision was grossly unfair.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Not sure, he is again overstating the WTO judgements imho as well as putting a blind eye on the fairness of the legal process as conducted by the PL.  ot coming to a decision was grossly unfair.

I’ve yet to hear anyone convincingly explain that the PIF can be separated from the Saudi state. The PL says they received binding assurance, whatever that means. Mandy wasn’t able to clarify what the meant either. It was never about human rights. But that’s not the supporters’ fault. Take the hand-wringing to the PL’s door. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’ve yet to hear anyone convincingly explain that the PIF can be separated from the Saudi state. The PL says they revived binding assurance, whatever that means. Mandy wasn’t able to clarify what the meant either. It was never about human rights. But that’s not the supporters’ fault. Take the hand-wringing to the PL’s door. 

It's blatantly impossible, just something to hide behind. 

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just turned off my Google alert for "Mike" "Ashley" "helicopter". 

I know this is a very obscure and contradictory position but, setting aside the 14 years of suffering, has Mike Ashley somehow become the essential conduit to the good times of ambition and competing at the highest level that we finally seem to be on the path towards?

• Confused 1

Just now, OTF said:

I know this is a very obscure and contradictory position but, setting aside the 14 years of suffering, has Mike Ashley somehow become the essential conduit to the good times of ambition and competing at the highest level that we finally seem to be on the path towards?

Inadvertently. So he can still fuck right off. Don't make me turn my alert back on. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, OTF said:

I wouldn’t give him credit for it even if he was 

• Haha 1

The next person that suggests that you should stop supporting the club because of who our owners are suggest that they should also stop supporting their premier league team because unlike us supporters the premier league approved and facilitated the sale and being in the premier league is now tarnished.

• Like 1