Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

The concept of sportswashing is fallacious. Noone with a shred of intelligence changes their opinion on unrelated matters based on the ownership of a sporting team or the hosting of a sporting event. There's multiple teams with owners who face more scrutinty and derision due to sport bringing them more into the public view.

It's a bit like when a prick offers to buy you a drink, you happily accept the drink but don't change your opinion of them as a result.

:lol: must be an aussie thing. 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Maybe Levy is frustrated Masters didn’t say anything when they were sitting next to each other last weekend.

Also Hope suggesting Bruce trying to give an impression of working for his money is top trolling, too.

• Haha 6

Levy knows he’s fucked, they have that new expensive stadium to pay for and within a couple of years absolutely fuck all chance at CL money. He’s just a desperate prick, by the time our lot get up and running Spurs won’t be relevant competition, in part because that dozy cunt chose to hire a bloke I class as a bottom half standard manager. Arsenal and Spurs are going to suffer the most from this in the short/medium run. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

With any luck we'll see some better quality writers getting the NE correspondent jobs in the near future since we're a big deal now. Edwards and Taylor are both dreadful writers as well as bringing fuck all worth saying about football to the table.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Maybe Levy is frustrated Masters didn’t say anything when they were sitting next to each other last weekend.

Also Hope suggesting Bruce trying to give an impression of working for his money is top trolling, too.

ct6k30aqb7s71.jpg

• Haha 2

Anyone recall around the start of the Rafa era, we had some numpty from Spurs come in here and give it the big 'un about how smalltime we were and how fucking amazing spurs were. I don't think I'm remembering this wrong but I'm pretty sure we went on to beat them 5-0 or something and he never returned. That guy has defined Spurs for me in every conceivable way, since that moment. I wonder how he's handling this :lol: 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Anyone recall around the start of the Rafa era, we had some numpty from Spurs come in here and give it the big 'un about how smalltime we were and how fucking amazing spurs were. I don't think I'm remembering this wrong but I'm pretty sure we went on to beat them 5-0 or something and he never returned. That guy has defined Spurs for me in every conceivable way, since that moment. I wonder how he's handling this :lol: 

There was some Spurs numpty that hung around for a fair while as well - Danny? Something like that.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Andrew said:

With any luck we'll see some better quality writers getting the NE correspondent jobs in the near future since we're a big deal now. Edwards and Taylor are both dreadful writers as well as bringing fuck all worth saying about football to the table.

ahem

image.jpeg.2c1bdd5ca8584c44193857c803a581de.jpeg

• Haha 5

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

ahem

image.jpeg.2c1bdd5ca8584c44193857c803a581de.jpeg

Listen, I'll slag Edwards and Taylor off all day long, but I can't go swinging at the top dog of NE journalism.

• Haha 7

I recall a TdanSmith who was around for a while but I thought he was an NUFC fan tbh. Maybe though. EDIT - suspect this is a reference that might pre-date my time on here now :lol: Been here for nearly 10 fucking years and still not up to speed with all the references.

Gonna add for the memory of that Spurs fan as well... this may be full on wet dream stuff now, but I also vaguely recall that the loss to us cost them their CL spot that year which they lost to Arsenal...? It's like it was an omen for what's about to come, where we cost them CL spots in future. Except they'll lose them to us directly. And it'll be funnier.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Listen, I'll slag Edwards and Taylor off all day long, but I can't go swinging at the top dog of NE journalism.

If you come after the big dog you better make sure you don't miss, wait, I think there's supposed to be something about a king in there.

• Haha 2

Have a similar memory of a city fan coming in here and complaining that we beat them in the cup one year. See, most clubs have these raging knackers who I assume go from forum to forum making total arses of themselves by calling out other fans. We have The Fish who goes from forum to forum talking us down, managing expectations and telling them not to overestimate us.

It's the uniqueness of the community that makes it special :lol: 

• Haha 3

Ollie Holt has lost the plot off the back of the takeover, not sure I had him down to be one of the group of pricks that would immediately become some holier than thou white knight type but seems he is. Imagine if this was happening to manchester united the same group would be writing articles about how we can open discussion on the Saudis many issues but for now let’s enjoy this moment. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Howay said:

Ollie Holt has lost the plot off the back of the takeover, not sure I had him down to be one of the group of pricks that would immediately become some holier than thou white knight type but seems he is. Imagine if this was happening to manchester united the same group would be writing articles about how we can open discussion on the Saudis many issues but for now let’s enjoy this moment. 

lol I forgot Holt existed, he blocked me on twitter years ago when I think I called him an "Alice-band bellend"

• Haha 10

Finally took a quick look over on ready to groom to see how our little inbred neighbors were doing and:

3B5A92C4-C496-4067-80BD-F1E191A71DED.jpeg

8327EFE0-37A3-4F97-9AFC-59BB9A51C748.jpeg

The delusion of them man :lol:, they’ve now all seemingly decided it’s all going to be a complete flop. One citing that football has moved on since 2004 and 2008 so throwing money about won’t work, I guess he’s forgetting the PSG acquisition and their rise to the top, regardless this lot will be successful that’s exactly why the “big 6” are up in arms about it, this isn’t some rich bloke with no football knowledge who will throw money around for a few windows and get fed up when it doesn’t work ffs. One of them even equated it to Ellis Short ffs :lol: Never change you pack of fucking tramps, I’m going to enjoy every fucking minute of this. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Howay said:

I think Ollie might have had a few #cans when he wrote that.

• Haha 2