Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: How bad is the Chronicle website btw, my phone just about blew up with the amount of shite popping up all over the screen, even when trying to read the article it would expand with some random survey question. Shockingly shit. 

it was worth fighting the popups just to get the chronicle's epsorts and gaming correspondent's illuminating take on what happened when he ran a football manager simulation with favre as a manager  

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

They’ve (rightly) held the top spot for ages, but the Vivaro and T5 Transporter are giving it a run for its money. 

Not sure why you're asking about nuts at the end though? 

The Trans(it) custom beats the fuckin daft mudflaps off a T5 as any fule knoweth :cuppa:

#whitevanmanbants 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it was worth fighting the popups just to get the chronicle's epsorts and gaming correspondent's illuminating take on what happened when he ran a football manager simulation with favre as a manager  

"SuperComputer Predicts!"

My pc is fucking ancient and can run football manager lads, it's not a super computer.

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Screenshot_20211012-152755_Edge.thumb.jpg.bec3d3294fb9fd61bfe29a3d54b89f46.jpg

:lol:

Tell me more about the settings changes you made, you fucking goon. 

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The Trans(it) custom beats the fuckin daft mudflaps off a T5 as any fule knoweth :cuppa:

#whitevanmanbants 

:lol: T5’s are the Chelsea tractors of the van world- too small to carry anything other than a vacuum and a , to expensive to give to to some radgepacket, still coming down from the weekend, on a Monday morning to get to the job. 

Useless. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

16th in the first season, 8th in the second btw. Wilson inexplicably playing as a lone striker for the richest club on the planet. 

Favre out! 

14 goals with Wilson? That's fucking pitiful. Callum regularly gets 20+. One of my saves he got over a goal a game.

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: T5’s are the Chelsea tractors of the van world- too small to carry anything other than a vacuum and a , to expensive to give to to some radgepacket, still coming down from the weekend, on a Monday morning to get to the job. 

Useless. 

Sprinters are the only way to go, all the other vans are for amateurs 

11 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Sprinters are the only way to go, all the other vans are for amateurs 

Time to fire up Codemasters' "Advanced Van Simulator" on my ZX Spectrum emulator to settle the matter with an article in the local press.

• Haha 7

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he must think he's won the lottery mind, getting paid to write up how he pissed around on champ man all day 

"Ah love young Nathan, he's a canny kid, the type yid tell to gan for some scran, give him the correct money and if it was more he'd say fuck all and just pay the difference in case you'd accused him of keeping it himself and avoiding a potential dance with the former foot soldier of le toon armee in the bogs of Thomson house. Anyways, Helen Dalby the vixen editor asked me if ah wanted to go down the football manager computer game route and ah gave her the look ah gave to Watford's top boys in burger king from the coach I was in when ah drove past once. Ah said me Atari days were in the past and me loyal punters wouldn't be so loyal if ah went ahl techno nerd on them, laughed, flicked open Alan Oliver's old little black book, had the phone in me hand and before Hell's Bells could hide her admiring look at iz ah had Malcolm Allen's take on the takeover, a shit hot retro story and ah telt her to just give the nerdy PC stuff to the bairn. Fucking football manager! Lol! Laters."

Lee-Ryder (1)__01.jpg

• Haha 11

Chelsea tickets went on general sale today. What a ball ache trying to buy 2 for me and my Dad!

The entire level 7 is a family area so you can only buy adult tickets with a kids ticket. No bother I thought, I'll take the bairn too. Except there's a limit of 2 tickets per person so you have to allocate the 3rd ticket to a pre-existing supporter number. Spent ages signing my Dad up for his own account only to find out you need to buy a ticket before you find out what your supporter number is 🤦🏻

Ended up scrapping the whole thing and buying a single ticket to go on my todd. Then 2 tickets together magically reappeared!!! 🤬

Anyway, long story short, anyone want a ticket for the Chelsea match. £41, face value :lol: 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, strawb said:

At least the best thread on the forum has turned into another pile of politics wank

We've got to get out the requisite "I'm conflicted and don't endorse the Saudi regime" stuff before we can get back to the football.

• Like 1

Im not remotely conflicted if it helps. I love Newcastle United and have done for my whole life and I don't like human rights abuses. There is no conflict to be had just like I have never felt conflicted about loving this club with any of our previous owners, or players or managers knocking about.

"What is a club in any case?"

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Im not remotely conflicted if it helps. I love Newcastle United and have done for my whole life and I don't like human rights abuses. There is no conflict to be had just like I have never felt conflicted about loving this club with any of our previous owners, or players or managers knocking about.

Well said, the problem is that elements of the media and other supporters in general will twist it such that supporting the club is tantamount to supporting the regime. So even when it doesn't apply it's easier just to say it so that things can progress.

The separation between club and owner has already been in effect here for more than 10 years, the difference now becomes that we're likely to see advancement in footballing and facilities and general professionalism under the new owners as it will be run as a business on a completely different level.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, OTF said:

Well said, the problem is that elements of the media and other supporters in general will twist it such that supporting the club is tantamount to supporting the regime. So even when it doesn't apply it's easier just to say it so that things can progress.

The separation between club and owner has already been in effect here for more than 10 years, the difference now becomes that we're likely to see advancement in footballing and facilities and general professionalism under the new owners as it will be run as a business on a completely different level.

In my opinion there’s a large amount of animosity and resentment towards NUFC supporters that dates from the Keegan days when we were Sky’s poster child. This is now playing itself out in attacks in the media and social media, the strawman being that if we don’t walk away from our club we support human rights abuses and a tyrannical regime.  

Of course our protests against Ashley were ignored by the sane people and supporters have always been treated as extras in a showbiz production. Now somehow we're supposed to have a say in who owns our club, applying moral standards that literally don’t apply to anyone else.

I genuinely think it’s rooted in anti-Geordie sentiment - whether it’s people who hate the north east or pandering to people who do - and a general desire to shit on our good fortune and spoil the feel good factor. I think there are many people who see the north east as some sort of poverty stricken loserville and can’t stand anything which goes against that narrative.

tldr: everyone hates us and we dont care

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

I still feel a bit conflicted. On the one hand, I’m excited about what is to come on the football field after years of stagnation, I can’t pretend otherwise, but I wish the money behind the takeover was from somewhere else.

I’m sure we will all be able park our feelings about Saudi atrocities and get back to supporting the team on Sunday. But any future success will always be intertwined with the Saudi regime. If we ever win anything we’ll be told we bought the title by jealous rivals and media pundits and the dirty money accusations will never go away. Will we care in the moment? Probably not but it’ll always been there in the background. Perhaps one of the Man City fans who joined the board recently can shed some light in that regard. 

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Chelsea tickets went on general sale today. What a ball ache trying to buy 2 for me and my Dad!

The entire level 7 is a family area so you can only buy adult tickets with a kids ticket. No bother I thought, I'll take the bairn too. Except there's a limit of 2 tickets per person so you have to allocate the 3rd ticket to a pre-existing supporter number. Spent ages signing my Dad up for his own account only to find out you need to buy a ticket before you find out what your supporter number is 🤦🏻

Ended up scrapping the whole thing and buying a single ticket to go on my todd. Then 2 tickets together magically reappeared!!! 🤬

Anyway, long story short, anyone want a ticket for the Chelsea match. £41, face value :lol: 

In level 7? Sorry, it's early.