Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

I'd just like to apologise to this board and any Saudis who happen to be lurking, when I put the tea towel on my head in 1980 I was merely playing my part in the school nativity and had no idea of the pain and anguish I must have been giving to our friends in the Middle East and especially in the guardian. I'll learn from this. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Ings went for £25m this summer. You're saying he's trebled in value? Ward Prowse is worth more than Hakimi, or Varane? Give your head a fucking good shake and do it now.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Ings went for £25m this summer. You're saying he's trebled in value? Ward Prowse is worth more than Hakimi, or Varane? Give your head a fucking good shake and do it now.

£100m for defence and another £50m for Ings and Ward-Prowse.
I don’t know if it’s education you require,Specsavers or both. X

Just now, essembeeofsunderland said:

£100m for defence and another £50m for Ings and Ward-Prowse.
I don’t know if it’s education you require,Specsavers or both. X

a) you wouldn't get Ings and Ward-Prowse for £50m. Ings had only just joined Villa and Ward-Prowse is the Southampton captain.

b) I sought clarification and your reply was "Aye, reet", so stick that in your mackem-obssessed balloon knot and swivel.

Oh, and at least I can work the fucking quote feature, you gormless spenk.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, The Fish said:

a) you wouldn't get Ings and Ward-Prowse for £50m. Ings had only just joined Villa and Ward-Prowse is the Southampton captain.

b) I sought clarification and your reply was "Aye, reet", so stick that in your mackem-obssessed balloon knot and swivel.

Oh, and at least I can work the fucking quote feature, you gormless spenk.

Blood pressure lad,blood pressure.Because one player has recently joined Villa and the other is Southampton captain they’re not worth £50m.Is that right? If Ward-Prowse was to lose the captaincy would he be worth less? Ings could be worth less come January then.Calm down lad,you’re not making sense.Should we give BUJ7 the captaincy to increase his value? 
😂

6 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Blood pressure lad,blood pressure.Because one player has recently joined Villa and the other is Southampton captain they’re not worth £50m.Is that right? If Ward-Prowse was to lose the captaincy would he be worth less? Ings could be worth less come January then.Calm down lad,you’re not making sense.Should we give BUJ7 the captaincy to increase his value? 
😂

1. JWP would probably command a £50m fee by himself.
  2. Ings can't be registered for another club this season.
  3. You're a dolt.
  4. Lists are fun

I am really struggling, even with my guardian hat on, to see the racism in an affectionate impersonation of a particular culture - I'm struggling to see it even more given that Arab people on twitter appear to be encouraging it.

Having said that - I do wonder if this is the club maybe taking the opportunity to get people to stop doing this because of the real reason it's objectionable - that it buys hugely into the sportswashing thing and has caused a lot of fuss - and I daresay the everyone at the club wants the takeover and the parties involved to be normalised as soon as possible. So the quicker we move away from things that spark outrage, the better.

Moreover it would indeed be terrible PR at the moment to start a fight with Kick it Out. And in Kick it Out's defence, they presumably have a set of policies and rules that they have to impose consistently or they'd be deemed selective, partial and unfit for purpose.

Edited by Rayvin

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I am really struggling, even with my guardian hat on, to see the racism in an affectionate impersonation of a particular culture - I'm struggling to see it even more given that Arab people on twitter appear to be encouraging it.

Having said that - I do wonder if this is the club maybe taking the opportunity to get people to stop doing this because of the real reason it's objectionable - that it buys hugely into the sportswashing thing and has caused a lot of fuss - and I daresay the everyone at the club wants the takeover and the parties involved to be normalised as soon as possible. So the quicker we move away from things that spark outrage, the better.

Moreover it would indeed be terrible PR at the moment to start a fight with Kick it Out.

No, not the club. Various MP’s and “groups” have been taking aim over the last few days.

Workshops are coming though.

A0F3FC61-01D3-4291-B15F-BF15423DC842.jpeg

You know what, fair enough. It does track with all the stuff you see elsewhere about impersonating other cultures and how demeaning that is for the cultures in question. I could make a decent argument against it I think but it's not for this thread and I have been told off about bringing in politics before. :lol: 

We should just do what they say because it's easier and they're probably right anyway.

Edited by Rayvin

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You know what, fair enough. It does track with all the stuff you see elsewhere about impersonating other cultures and how demeaning that is for the cultures in question. I could make a decent argument against it I think but it's not for this thread and I have been told off about bringing in politics before. :lol: 

We should just do what they say because it's easier and they're probably right anyway.

I might be old fashioned but I don’t really see any difference between a tea towel, a Viking helmet, a kilt and ginger hair etc.

Parliament having a dig btw. You're selling them arms to kill people man. These dickheads are putting a towel on their head and watching a football match. Which do we think is worse? 

Fucking dickheads. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I might be old fashioned but I don’t really see any difference between a tea towel, a Viking helmet, a kilt and ginger hair etc.

It’s normally Scandinavians wearing the Viking helmets and Scots wearing the kilts though ;) 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

What about blackface? 

Hard to know where the line is. Difficult to see how it's offensive when it's intention isn't derogatory and is a tribute/celebration.

:lol:

"I am celebrating your black face. Now let's party!" 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Parliament having a dig btw. You're selling them arms to kill people man. These dickheads are putting a towel on their head and watching a football match. Which do we think is worse? 

Fucking dickheads. 

Popularism. Most football fans are against the takeover, most don’t support NUFC. That’s it. You’re right though, it’s s fucking joke 

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Just as well Russ Abbott is dead. Woke Culture would've ruined his entire act. 

His entire act ruined his entire act 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I much preferred the Grumbleweeds. 

I’d completely forgotten they existed :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2