Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

17 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: What a fucking twat Wraith is man. 

Wraith: ''You are now famous! You are in the evening chronicle. Look.'

Later, in the chronicle.....

'LOCAL PARENTS TELL OF SHAME AND SADNESS OF SON AND FRIENDS BEHAVIOUR!'

20211105_095044.jpg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Wraith: ''You are now famous! You are in the evening chronicle. Look.'

Later, in the chronicle.....

'LOCAL PARENTS TELL OF SHAME AND SADNESS OF SON AND FRIENDS BEHAVIOUR!'

20211105_095044.jpg

Fucking hell that is one hair ensemble.

Edited by Dougle
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

How much is Stavely worth? Is she going to need to bankroll 10% of everything?

She's invested with PCP rather than personally, so the question really is how much is that fund worth.

That said they don't necessarily all need to put in the same amount if they agree otherwise between them.

Given that we've been financially on an even keel I don't understand why we suddenly need an injection of 30 odd million. Fair enough Bruce had to be paid off but it's hard to see how costs have risen so sharply in such a short period of time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Given that we've been financially on an even keel I don't understand why we suddenly need an injection of 30 odd million. Fair enough Bruce had to be paid off but it's hard to see how costs have risen so sharply in such a short period of time.

I did ask if they could stock up on balti pies.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'd assume part of the reason we were supposedly on an even keel, is that Charnley and the tea lady were the only people keeping the place open. It takes money to repopulate what was essentially a ghost ship. Long term contract for the window cleaners etc 😉

On 06/11/2021 at 01:52, ewerk said:

I guess that even keel is based on how Ashley wanted the club to run, ie as cheaply as possible, rather than how the new ownership want it to.

That article is asking questions without offering any realistic answers. My own boring explanation is that it's simply a cashflow problem. The £8m payout to Bruce was significant and quite possibly we simply didn't have the cash on hand to make the payment until the next TV money instalment was due. Ashley himself could have been doing this for years, loaning us money then repaying himself before the end of the accounting period. Ultimately it's nothing to get too excited about.

• Like 2