Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Yep. That wins

I'd love it if we made that a statue

It's been used to parody him, and us, so much that there'd be a delicious irony about it. "I would love it if we beat them ... LOVE it!" Guess what Man United, you've finishing above us for the last time in probably a LONG time. :lol:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Small things that make a huge impact. Pure class that. 

Goes back to Shearer's comment yesterday - "how did such a clever businessman get it so spectacularly wrong?"

I bet that's left Ashley absolutely fuming, but who gives a fuck :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Goes back to Shearer's comment yesterday - "how did such a clever businessman get it so spectacularly wrong?"

I bet that's left Ashley absolutely fuming, but who gives a fuck :lol:

He clearly isn't clever. Just surrounded by clever people. 

6 hours ago, Craig said:

Time for a Keegan statue if you ask me. I'd suggest basing it on this:

image.thumb.png.8378ab487e741daf2375cf5a62e26c55.png

He deserves it more than anyone in my opinion.

However, he has previously said that he doesn’t want one and I believe him, he’s just a brilliant bloke. I’ve said it before but, for me, he’s the single best thing to have happened to the club in all my years of supporting it.

• Thanks 5

Just now, Billy Whitehurst said:

However, he has previously said that he doesn’t want one and I believe him, he’s just a brilliant bloke. I’ve said it before but, for me, he’s the single best thing to have happened to the club in all my years of supporting it.

Totally agree. So many throw so many plaudits at John Hall but without the vision of Keegan, he'd have just been another 'my pockets are fairly empty' owner. Keegan was the genius behind our 90s revival. The vitriol, and accusations of being a quitter shown towards him from some quarters of our fan base was, and still is, unforgiveable.

7 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I see your “more than anyone” and raise you a Joe Harvey

7 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Fuck his opinion! He deserves one.   :nufc:

• Haha 1

I see NUFC Trust are kicking up a stink with the club over the possibility of season tickets going on general sale :lol: 

I assume their alternative proposal is that they all go to NUFC Trust members...

20 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I see NUFC Trust are kicking up a stink with the club over the possibility of season tickets going on general sale :lol: 

I assume their alternative proposal is that they all go to NUFC Trust members...

Absolutely pointless organisation that’s achieved fuck all

• Like 1

I know it was being discussed the other day about the Supporters Trust not being happy about season tickets going on general sale... 

A lad I know who knows someone at the club reckons they're considering capping the number of season tickets at something close to current levels and continuing to sell the remaining match day tickets on a match by match basis. 

Which tbf I don't think is a bad idea. The closed shop all season ticket thing is kind of bullshit. 

• Like 4

They went into more detail about the trust/gen sale thing in the TF pod the other day btw, and they seem to be suggesting that those who jacked their tickets in the last couple of seasons should be given priority.

Which I kind of think is bullshit. How far back do you go? If someone got sick of Ashley 7 years in, are they really less deserving than someone that took 12 years?

I don't want a season ticket btw so I've got no skin in the game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I know it was being discussed the other day about the Supporters Trust not being happy about season tickets going on general sale... 

A lad I know who knows someone at the club reckons they're considering capping the number of season tickets at something close to current levels and continuing to sell the remaining match day tickets on a match by match basis. 

Which tbf I don't think is a bad idea. The closed shop all season ticket thing is kind of bullshit. 

If they get to point where developing the East Stand becomes viable - having 10k or so 'empty' seats should allow those needing to be relocated a seat elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I like the idea of that. There's people who will want to go, want to give their kids a sample of what it's all about but who either cannot afford or cannot commit for other reasons to a season ticket. 

• Like 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

They went into more detail about the trust/gen sale thing in the TF pod the other day btw, and they seem to be suggesting that those who jacked their tickets in the last couple of seasons should be given priority.

Which I kind of think is bullshit. How far back do you go? If someone got sick of Ashley 7 years in, are they really less deserving than someone that took 12 years?

I don't want a season ticket btw so I've got no skin in the game.

Without wanting to start an argument with NUST, on what basis should those people be prioritised? I totally get why they did jack in but why would the club want to priortise a supporter who walked away over someone who potentially would sign up for years and stick around, come what may?