Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

I think they acknowledged it was a hard call tbh. It’s tough on those who had a season ticket for years and then chucked it after Rafa was sacked - there was even a campaign encouraging fans to cancel their season tickets at that time - but there’s also a new generation of supporters coming through. Why should they be penalised? They have just as much right to tickets as anyone else. I think the Tory said there should be a good chunk kept aside for match days 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ugly Mackems said:

If they get to point where developing the East Stand becomes viable - having 10k or so 'empty' seats should allow those needing to be relocated a seat elsewhere. 

Who may I ask is “needing to be relocated” in the event of the capacity of SJP being increased?… not sure what you’re getting at… in the highly unlikely  event of  the East Stand being developed do you mean you’d rather sit there than where you sit now? And thus your seat would become vacant, giving someone the chance to sit where you’ve just vacated? How very benevolent of you :cuppa: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Who may I ask is “needing to be relocated” in the event of the capacity of SJP being increased?… not sure what you’re getting at… in the highly unlikely  event of  the East Stand being developed do you mean you’d rather sit there than where you sit now? And thus your seat would become vacant, giving someone the chance to sit where you’ve just vacated? How very benevolent of you :cuppa: 

I'm quite happy sitting where I sit. But IF the East Stand is developed then I doubt the current incumbents will enjoy sitting in a building site. 

58 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I'm quite happy sitting where I sit. But IF the East Stand is developed then I doubt the current incumbents will enjoy sitting in a building site. 

Aah I see… it was bait set to wind up other posters who may be looking forward to getting the odd ticket here and there during the forthcoming seasons… thankfully the chances of the East Stand getting an extra storey are about the same as the mackems signing Messi for next season :thumbup:

If the East Stand as it is now didn't exist, we wouldn't get permission to build a structure as large as we have on that side. There's no way developing it will become viable unless we have a complete stadium rebuild on the site - similar to what Spurs have done.

The issue with us doing that is there is no viable alternative venue for us to play our home matches at whilst the rebuild was underway. Logistically we cannot demolish and rebuild.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

If the East Stand as it is now didn't exist, we wouldn't get permission to build a structure as large as we have on that side. There's no way developing it will become viable unless we have a complete stadium rebuild on the site - similar to what Spurs have done.

The issue with us doing that is there is no viable alternative venue for us to play our home matches at whilst the rebuild was underway. Logistically we cannot demolish and rebuild.

They hoyed up an entire 20,000-seater temporary stadium for just three matches when Dusseldorf hosted Eurovision. I'd love us to have the audacity (and we certainly have the funds) to do something similar on a much bigger scale. :D 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

They hoyed up an entire 20,000-seater temporary stadium for just three matches when Dusseldorf hosted Eurovision. I'd love us to have the audacity (and we certainly have the funds) to do something similar on a much bigger scale. :D 

Actually that's not a bad suggestion. Can they do it on Hunters Moor, just to piss that lot off who opposed the new stadium in the late 90s? :lol:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

A 50k temporary stadium would be hilarious 

And it'd still look a million times more professional than the Landfill of Shite.

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think they acknowledged it was a hard call tbh. It’s tough on those who had a season ticket for years and then chucked it after Rafa was sacked - there was even a campaign encouraging fans to cancel their season tickets at that time - but there’s also a new generation of supporters coming through. Why should they be penalised? They have just as much right to tickets as anyone else. I think the Tory said there should be a good chunk kept aside for match days 

The way I look at it is there are 2 groups. Fans with season tickets and fans without. Renew those currently with a ticket and put the rest on general sale or in a ballot.

Trying to rank non-season ticket holders into a table of worthiness is a waste of time. Obvious as to which group of fans are pushing for it...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Aah I see… it was bait set to wind up other posters who may be looking forward to getting the odd ticket here and there during the forthcoming seasons… thankfully the chances of the East Stand getting an extra storey are about the same as the mackems signing Messi for next season :thumbup:

I can't see how I've baited or wound anyone up (other than you) I merely put forward a suggestion as to why MAYBE it would suit those in charge to not sell another 10k season tickets and do it as they are now on a match by match basis. It'll sell out regardless. 

Two points, they were literally begging the Saudis to invest in the country in general. Secondly, it doesn’t appear to have made any difference. I don’t know if the Guardian are arguing otherwise on the second bit, as I’m not clicking on the link 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

I mean obviously :lol: 

200.gif

Oligarchs, kleptocrats, despots: come one, come all. The UK doesn’t discriminate when it’s comes to cash money  

• Like 1

The Saudi money is clean, they’re a strategic ally, they do not represent an existential threat to the UK. They’re obviously despotic cunts (based on our foreign policy, how are the UK viewed though?). Not a defence of our owners, whataboutery or whatever, the point is, NUFC is not a money laundering front for a multinational crime syndicate. Unlike Chelsea, for example, which The Guardian never had much of a problem with. You even had writers like Simon Kuper defending Abramovich after the Russian invasion of Ukraine (to mask the fact he spent the previous 15 years blowing smoke up his arse). 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

200.gif

Oligarchs, kleptocrats, despots: come one, come all. The UK doesn’t discriminate when it’s comes to cash money  

Every western bank going has been using billions upon billions of pounds of oil money from the Saudis, in the main, to drive the consumer credit economy since the 70s tbh 

• Like 1