Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

7 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: He loves revisionism doesn’t he? His point at the time was that the Saudi bid was a load of bollocks and the Mauriss bid was genuine, what in that article does Luke think backs that up? It sounds like exactly what everyone said at the time - a bloke that’s a chancer. I don’t remember people saying it didn’t exist just that it was clearly fucking bollocks, which again it’s proving to be since his exclusivity has lapsed and he’s still not providing any documents.

I’m not sure why Edwards constantly tries to twist on this topic, he couldn’t be arsed to look into the emerging takeover when he was flying to Baku for the Europa final so he wrote the whole thing off. Then he heard of this bullshit bid by Mauriss and basically backed it as the genuine, most likely bid simply because he needed to cling to something, he was completely wrong on both points. 

It is fairly interesting that Sheffield United’s owners seems to be looking to sell mind. 

He is a pity  twat.

The way he is goading Douglas and to try to pretend credibility because there was genuine interest from Mauriss is baffling. He is totally ignoring that his journalistic reputation is in tatters. There  were few people who questioned him about the reality of Mauriss trying to buy the club. But there were doubts about how close a deal was and about Mauriss business reputation. Edwards never really did provide real answers and apparently was never able to get informations about the details of the alleged deal.

In the end he knew fuck all but was just pretending on sitting on a big scoop that turned out to rather be a big poop.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I like Edwards.  He's punchy and he gets on peoples' tits.  :lol:

It's the dancing isn't it? Could see you sliding over to him on the dance floor whilst giving it up for George Michael's 'outside' saying 'How you doing' like Joey from friends. :D

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's the dancing isn't it? Could see you sliding over to him on the dance floor whilst giving it up for George Michael's 'outside' saying 'How you doing' like Joey from friends. :D

🎶🎙️ I know you want to but you can't say yes 

• Haha 1

This just in guys, Barry Moat says he was moments away from purchasing the club which is relevant here because I'll pretend it exonerates something in the same ball park I said ages ago, even though it actually doesn't. And to top things off I'll retcon in my own skepticism over the merits of the aforementioned almost 'purchase' by commenting now that the club has actually been bought by rich owners who have business acumen and the long term interests of the club at heart, even though at the time my point was actually that the rich owners were not even serious buyers. #chickenandwinetime #micdrop

• Like 1
  • Haha 2