Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

I'm really pleased the club are taking this approach btw. You can't be saying to people: "we're all season ticket and this is probably your last chance to make sure you'll see a league game at SJP for 20 years" at a time when people are struggling to stay afloat.

The fact that it's elicited real time reporting from HMHM that sounds like he's on the frontline in an active war zone is also quite funny. :lol:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

My slot to go on the site and there's no STs for sale! No information saying sold out, fuck all information. Shambles.

:whistling:

• Haha 1

I misread the email, looks like I'm ineligible by a season thanks, I strongly suspect, to the supporters trust. They've lost a member today and I'd given them the benefit of the doubt. Nobody should get priority and that was my view when I thought I was eligible! 

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I misread the email, looks like I'm ineligible by a season thanks, I strongly suspect, to the supporters trust. They've lost a member today and I'd given them the benefit of the doubt. Nobody should get priority and that was my view when I thought I was eligible! 

never trust a tory.   :)

• Haha 1

It certainly sounded like you were only pure enough to be eligible if your patience with Ashley ran out in 2019 like. Which presumably applied to a small handful of those heading up the Trust. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm really pleased the club are taking this approach btw. You can't be saying to people: "we're all season ticket and this is probably your last chance to make sure you'll see a league game at SJP for 20 years" at a time when people are struggling to stay afloat.

The fact that it's elicited real time reporting from HMHM that sounds like he's on the frontline in an active war zone is also quite funny. :lol:

HMHM was sat in the trenches reporting home on the horrors of WWI a week before Archduke Ferdinand was shot.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Never have, BD.

on a more serious note, I've just finished work so thought I'd have a look on the official website. I'm queue number 28,548 and there's nearly 4,000 people ahead of me!

I bought all.home tickets from spurs up to brighton meself and then from then outwards I got a season ticket holder who sits at a pc all day to get one on my behalf as I literally couldn't spare the time, they werent reaching general sale anyway and the website was a fucking abomination, most specifically for the liverpool match, but for others too where it crashed.

next tuesdsy will be farcical. think I'll just put the euro lottery on instead. more chance of a successful outcome!   :)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

on a more serious note, I've just finished work so thought I'd have a look on the official website. I'm queue number 28,548 and there's nearly 4,000 people ahead of me!

I bought all.home tickets from spurs up to brighton meself and then from then outwards I got a season ticket holder who sits at a pc all day to get one on my behalf as I literally couldn't spare the time, they werent reaching general sale anyway and the website was a fucking abomination, most specifically for the liverpool match, but for others too where it crashed.

next tuesdsy will be farcical. think I'll just put the euro lottery on instead. more chance of a successful outcome!   :)

You could get a box then too and invite all of us. 

BTW it will be more than a little bit suspicious if tory boy and his mates somehow find themselves as part of the chosen 1,000 who get these tickets. I'M WATCHING YOU HURST. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You could get a box then too and invite all of us. 

BTW it will be more than a little bit suspicious if tory boy and his mates somehow find themselves as part of the chosen 1,000 who get these tickets. I'M WATCHING YOU HURST. 

I once saw a tweet by him going on about being in the 'mint' singing section at the back of the Gallowgate end which I found amusing as I was a couple of rows behind him that day and he was never off his fucking phone. :cuppa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s going to be a nightmare until they find a way to increase capacity / build a new stadium.

I was hoping to get one for me and the daughter as we really enjoyed it last season. I’ll still enter the raffle next week but looks like it’s back to a membership and the mad scramble each time they go on sale.

Overall I think it’s fairer doing it this way.

More important to look the part than be the part. Saying that, the Tories can’t even do that these days so he fits right in.

The fume from people who packed in years ago who now think they should have priority btw :lol: No matter what powerful message you thought you were sending, the result is the same. You gave up your ticket, get in the queue, you’re not special

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

More important to look the part than be the part. Saying that, the Tories can’t even do that these days so he fits right in.

The fume from people who packed in years ago who now think they should have priority btw :lol: No matter what powerful message you thought you were sending, the result is the same. You gave up your ticket, get in the queue, you’re not special

Aye, if you stayed the course I think you're a bit of a div but you're having the last laugh now. 

But if you packed in, it doesn't matter when you packed in, you join the same queue as everyone else. There is absolutely no way that the Trust would be making this argument if there wasn't vested interest involved. 

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The amount of seen, including myself who think we're not a priority seems to be more prevalent unless it's just my timeline? Nobody should be allowed back in based purely on that because where do you start? Where do you finish? Young'uns have a right to go as much as me, if not more.

Anyway, this is all part of the, in my opinion, shit season ticket culture and totally reminds me of 1992 and onwards. The only fuckers who had season tickets then was fans in East Stand or Milburn stand then every Tom, Dick Henry with the means bought one and our support became the poorer for it in my mind. We need to keep a good few thousand for everyone not just the Darby and Joan fortnightly club.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Anyway, this is all part of the, in my opinion, shit season ticket culture and totally reminds me of 1992 and onwards. The only fuckers who had season tickets then was fans in East Stand or Milburn stand then every Tom, Dick Henry with the means bought one and our support became the poorer for it in my mind. We need to keep a good few thousand for everyone not just the Darby and Joan fortnightly club.

I reckon a good part of the reason for the atmosphere being electric last season was the healthy mix of non season ticket holders. 

And I know what I'm talking about cos I didn't go to a single game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

So, as an existing ST holder I'm not eligible? Seems strange! 

Did you just queue for hours to see if you were eligible, even though as an existing season ticket holder it was never in doubt? :lol:

• Haha 3

Don't worry lads I can periscope from the East stand touchline for you all, plebs. As long as you don't complain about me calling the Linesman "What's the point in you" for 70 minutes of the 90

200.gif

Edited by scoobos

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

spot on.

I hated having my first season ticket.

same with away games, if you had a spur of the moment decision on friday night to go to blackburn, you'd get up on saturday morning, possibly a bit worse for the wear and pack out the back of luton bedford with loons and beer and off you'd go.

the good old days!  :)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I reckon a good part of the reason for the atmosphere being electric last season was the healthy mix of non season ticket holders. 

And I know what I'm talking about cos I didn't go to a single game. 

spot on this too.

the 'returning gutless cowards' (trademark ugly mackems) who were on the whole who made the atmosphere in the first place.  :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

Tuesday is going to be a shit show. Makes more sense to chuck everyone eligible into a ballot and randomly allocate season tickets. Do the same again next season and so on until they can get the ground extended 

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

spot on.

I hated having my first season ticket.

same with away games, if you had a spur of the moment decision on friday night to go to blackburn, you'd get up on saturday morning, possibly a bit worse for the wear and pack out the back of luton bedford with loons and beer and off you'd go.

the good old days!  :)

For some insane reason, probably the novelty of it, I got a season ticket in the Milburn stand in 1991 under Ossie then KK as my granny had saved £200 for me and I only needed another £20 to get a posh seat at 18. Worst thing I ever did, I fucking hated being there on my Todd surrounded by some right fucking knobs, injured players and hangers on. I was that skint I used to sell it on most games and either go in the Gallowgate with my mates or have a few pints instead if nobody went.