Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, scoobos said:

Don't worry lads I can periscope from the East stand touchline for you all, plebs. As long as you don't complain about me calling the Linesman "What's the point in you" for 70 minutes of the 90

200.gif

i was in the east stand (my first time ever) for the arsenal game. the atmosphere was surprisingly raucous  - it always seemed like the quietest part of the ground to me - but there was some old bloke a few rows behind, who kept shouting at me to sit down every time i got off my seat when we attacked.  that wasn't you, was it? 

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i was in the east stand (my first time ever) for the arsenal game. the atmosphere was surprisingly raucous  - it always seemed like the quietest part of the ground to me - but there was some old bloke a few rows behind, who kept shouting at me to sit down every time i got off my seat when we attacked.  that wasn't you, was it? 

No I've a front row seat, I don't sit with the plebs at the back.  

Seriously tho, i was gutted as I chucked my season ticket the year before last in protest - then couldn't buy it back - my mates sit at the gallowgate behind the goal and I have to walk over every half time now. 

But, the atmosphere improved massively once Bruce went , it was a definite catalyst and I don't regret the move now - but yes, some guy on the front row next to me complained about me leaning forward at corners and actually pushed me back with his forearm at one point - he learn't not to, and thankfully wasn't a season ticket holder! I wasn't looking forward to a year of that every bloody game!

I love being able to directly shout at the lino and players tho, so I'll stick in my leaky roof / sun in your eyes seat .

Edited by scoobos

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You could get a box then too and invite all of us. 

BTW it will be more than a little bit suspicious if tory boy and his mates somehow find themselves as part of the chosen 1,000 who get these tickets. I'M WATCHING YOU HURST. 

Are you suggesting that the leading members of the trust had all knocked it in the head before lockdown? 

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Are you suggesting that the leading members of the trust had all knocked it in the head before lockdown? 

tory scum

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

More important to look the part than be the part. Saying that, the Tories can’t even do that these days so he fits right in.

The fume from people who packed in years ago who now think they should have priority btw :lol: No matter what powerful message you thought you were sending, the result is the same. You gave up your ticket, get in the queue, you’re not special

is there people pissed off who packed it in years ago?

my biggest problem with the way the club are doing this isn't so much the randomness of whether you're lucky enough that your ip address is one of the first 1000 to connect to their website at 10am amongst the tens of thousands who'll be queueing up before hand to get on there, because at the end of the day a lottery is probably the best way forward.

however, the above method probably eliminates a shit load of people whose work doesn't give them access or the time to spend hours refreshing the Internet.

should've been a postal ballot.

Edited by thebrokendoll

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

tenor.gif

The added bonus to this is Edwards was backing up his whole point about the budget being low on no new incoming sponsors about 3 hours ago :lol:

£8m-£10m is the rumoured amount, keep in mind the Fun88 shirt deal is £6m :lol: 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Looks like we're getting ready to take the piss. If that's the way football works now, so be it. 

If the author of The Frying Pan of a Spain thinks it’s newsworthy we better all take note of this 

55 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Looks like we're getting ready to take the piss. If that's the way football works now, so be it. 

this is indeed football in 2022. read it and weep bitches :lol:

• Haha 1

It’s also just arguably the logical next step and larger in size than what come before. For absolutely donkeys years football has had wealthy people funding clubs with their own money (wasn’t the Blackburn Rovers side that won the title funded by a trust left by their owner?), Abramovic spent insane money on Chelsea, the Liverpool of the past spent loads taking everyone’s best and their modern day owners have fucking clearly been getting deals with brands they have ties to (New Balance, Standard Chartered, loads of American brands), same with Manchester United and their 40,000 partnered sponsors for everything. 

I agree it’s a bit sad for the game if you have some romantic view of the past, and think it had been massively competitive but it’s been heading for this type of thing for a long time the only major change is it’s a more definitive line in the sand from the haves to the haves not, and those have nots are beginning to include ones that have for a long time been those miles ahead of everyone. 

It’s not been as romantic as some people (and journalists) will act tbh. Look at clubs like us under Ashley, any time we had a player do well a rich side just plucked him away like Cabaye to go warm PSG’s bench, or Carroll to sit in the Liverpool physio room. These related party sponsors are just workarounds whereas in the past owners would just directly spend their own money. I’m glad it’s us getting this, but realistically for most football fans this changes fuck all as before the takeovers of us and Man City it’s not like they stood any realistic hope anyway is it?

• Like 5

Yup, it is how it is, good to see us getting in on it since every other major club is. 

Also Noon is really an Emaar company which is a Dubai based real estate group. Aye they have significant PIF backing but then so do tons of other companies. I wonder if the outrage will only be reserved for the arabic sounding companies we work with. 

I like how this comes out of nowhere as well. Hopefully the same thing happens with the shirt sponsor next season, let the self-righteous drown in their own puke AFTER we've signed a filthy 5 year contract. 

• Like 2

Btw the exact legal status and ownership of the company is not that easy to identify. Not that it matters to Nufc as such but that's the way most large companies in the Arabian Gulf are structured. And invariably the ultimate beneficiary is one of the royal family holding groups or wealth fund. It's pretty shady :lol: 

Considering how adept certain journos have proven at understanding relatively simple things like FFP, it should be hilarious to see them trying to grasp the relationships we're likely to have with these sort of companies in the coming years. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

The added bonus to this is Edwards was backing up his whole point about the budget being low on no new incoming sponsors about 3 hours ago :lol:

£8m-£10m is the rumoured amount, keep in mind the Fun88 shirt deal is £6m :lol: 

4th highest in the prem apparently. Chicken shagger will be crying like fuck now. 

• Haha 1

The state of Edwards' Twitter right now by the way :lol:  Even by his standards its spectacular. Apparently people at the club thank him for downplaying expectations of our budget.

• Haha 3

Aye, no one fucking cared when it was our last owners tat everywhere putting nothing into the club, now when the deal benefits both the club and the owners it’s a problem. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

The state of Edwards' Twitter right now by the way :lol:  Even by his standards its spectacular. Apparently people at the club thank him for downplaying expectations of our budget.

He’s like a lost soul since The Baconator got peddled, desperately searching for things to troll about … and failing. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sort your links out @Alex :lol:

Clearly a slow news day from the BBC.  Football team decides to play in white & green, how dare they?!  The absolute fucking irony that in a story focused entirely on the anecdotal link between the colours of our shirt and that of the nation who owns us they completely neglect to mention that our new sleeve sponsor is the Middle East's version of Amazon. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Sort your links out @Alex :lol:

Clearly a slow news day from the BBC.  Football team decides to play in white & green, how dare they?!  The absolute fucking irony that in a story focused entirely on the anecdotal link between the colours of our shirt and that of the nation who owns us they completely neglect to mention that our new sleeve sponsor is the Middle East's version of Amazon. 

Not true - HERETIC !!!!!