Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

14 minutes ago, Craig said:

Sort your links out @Alex :lol:

Clearly a slow news day from the BBC.  Football team decides to play in white & green, how dare they?!  The absolute fucking irony that in a story focused entirely on the anecdotal link between the colours of our shirt and that of the nation who owns us they completely neglect to mention that our new sleeve sponsor is the Middle East's version of Amazon. 

That article in general, man. :lol: Best bit is the Amnesty quote at the end where they appear to think it’s our new home kit

18 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Not true - HERETIC !!!!!

I probably should have put that bit in inverted commas as I was trying to highlight that is what the MSM portray us to be owned by.

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

That article in general, man. :lol: Best bit is the Amnesty quote at the end where they appear to think it’s our new home kit

Yeah it's quite evident they've been asked for a soundbite and haven't quite grasped the full context. 

What a load of BS.

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

Yeah it's quite evident they've been asked for a soundbite and haven't quite grasped the full context. 

What a load of BS.

Great journalism too, to let them run with that idea :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

manchester-city-home-shirt-2022-23-kids_

Mmm, nice trim, wonder what inspired those colour choices? 
shutterstock_665151088.jpg?auto=format&f

Whilst we're at it...

Foot PSG - PSG : Le maillot Qatar, un bug géant et involontaire à Paris ? -  Foot 01

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

manchester-city-home-shirt-2022-23-kids_

Mmm, nice trim, wonder what inspired those colour choices? 
shutterstock_665151088.jpg?auto=format&f

That’s a Qatar flag. Aren’t they owned by the UAE? ;) 

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/07/01/lord-evgeny-lebedev-joins-enterprise-run-by-saudi-ruler-accused-of-approving-killing-of-journalist-khashoggi/
I guess moralist supreme and chief  football writer at the Independent, Miguel Delaney, will be tendering his resignation in the morning 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Joe Aribo has just signed for Southampton. He looks canny tbf. 

Putting aside the fact that he’s English and played in England until the age of 22 he’s definitely not PL quality from what I’ve seen of him. He benefits hugely from shite opposition. 

My point is that of the handful of decent Scottish players who’ve come south in recent years I don’t think any of them have been from Rangers.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Putting aside the fact that he’s English and played in England until the age of 22 he’s definitely not PL quality from what I’ve seen of him. He benefits hugely from shite opposition. 

My point is that of the handful of decent Scottish players who’ve come south in recent years I don’t think any of them have been from Rangers.

The arrangement could mean we, through them, could hoover up promising Scottish players. Not just the ones from Glasgae

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The arrangement could mean we, through them, could hoover up promising Scottish players. Not just the ones from Glasgae

Why are they suddenly going to start developing great Scottish talent now when they haven’t done it in over a decade? Even Celtic have a better record at improving young players than Rangers.

It seems like the link up is going to be more about us sending our young players there to get first team football rather than us buying anything Rangers have to offer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Why are they suddenly going to start developing great Scottish talent now when they haven’t done it in over a decade? Even Celtic have a better record at improving young players than Rangers.

It seems like the link up is going to be more about us sending our young players there to get first team football rather than us buying anything Rangers have to offer.

Aye, but if Rangers are a route to 'The Richest Club In the World'™ they might attract more, better youth prospects.