Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

You're cheery this morning

No club in the world has a conveyor belt of kids churned out annually that end up first team players. Chelsea and City only have successful kids because they pinch them off other clubs. That's effectively what Rangers will be hoping to do in Scotland now they are fighting for titles again 

28 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The club have said fuck all about it. Again it will be Rangers developing our players seeing as they have absolutely no players we would be interested in .

In your opinion.

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

In your opinion.

It’s exactly what’s going to happen. It’ll be the same set up as Man Utd used to have with Royal Antwerp. It’s exactly what Ashworth tried to implement between Brighton and Hibs. 

So in future you can take my ‘opinion’ as goddamn fucking gospel.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

It’s exactly what’s going to happen. It’ll be the same set up as Man Utd used to have with Royal Antwerp. It’s exactly what Ashworth tried to implement between Brighton and Hibs. 

So in future you can take my ‘opinion’ as goddamn fucking gospel.

I will treat your opinion with the same reverence I reserve for the Gospel.

Fairly obvious they’re the junior partners (without trying to stoke the pointless ‘biggest club’ debate). It means that if we have any young players they get experience of playing in front of big crowds and potentially in Europe. The SPL standard might not be great but for those two reasons I mentioned it’s arguably better than sending them out to English lower league clubs. A proper relationship allows for more support etc for the players and it’s also in Rangers’ interests to look after / develop the player so we keep sending them. It’s nice to see a bit of strategy after the scattergun, just loan them to anyone interested approach. 

• Like 3

I’m pretty sure he was there when Atlanta United were formed (or very early in) and basically set them up as a club, they’re one of the best ran clubs in the MLS. I read an article about him ages ago on the Athletic. 

• Like 2

This guy is an award winner, he has been named the MLS Executive of the Year on two occasions. He was also named World Football Summit Executive of the Year in 2019. 

Eales said: “Newcastle United is both a giant of a club, and the heartbeat of its community. Every time I have visited St James’ Park, I’ve been overwhelmed by the passion of the fans.

“This is a club with an amazingly rich heritage, and I am delighted to be joining for this new chapter in its long history.

“I am grateful for the opportunity, and look forward to working with the rest of the team to help this storied club fulfil its potential.”

The club’s investment group, comprising PIF, PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media, said: “We are delighted to announce Darren Eales as the club’s new CEO. He is an exceptional leader and is a great fit for Newcastle United.

“We have conducted an exhaustive recruitment process to ensure we identified and secured the right individual for the CEO position, and we are confident we have found that person in Darren.

“He has a deep understanding of the football industry and what it takes to achieve growth and success, and he will be a key member of the club’s leadership team as we look to deliver on the club’s potential on and off the pitch.”

Ashworth and Eales, intelligent people who have an excellent understanding of the football world and the contacts to match. Slight bit of a step up from Penfold and Kinnear. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

Atlanta are the real deal; they’re incredibly well run. I think they’re in the top 15 for average attendances worldwide IIRC and make an absolute bomb from the commercial side of things. And if he managed to fleece us out of £22 million for Almiron, imagine what he can do with the other lot

• Haha 7

I'm listening to a bunch of Atlanta nerds talk about it on twitter and this guys supposed to be the tits in fairness. 

It's such a huge upgrade from the last person who had the job. 

Nobody.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm listening to a bunch of Atlanta nerds talk about it on twitter and this guys supposed to be the tits in fairness. 

It's such a huge upgrade from the last person who had the job. 

Nobody.

I know he was MD rather than CEO, but it’s effectively replacing Charnley isn’t it?