Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

22 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Apparently us Newcastle fans need to 'sort it out ffs' because some Saudi lass student at Leeds uni went back home and got 35 years for going on twitter. 

The case shows the horrendous abuse of basic human rights in the KSA though.

Not that it has directly anything to do with NUFC.

8 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

The case shows the horrendous abuse of basic human rights in the KSA though.

Not that it has directly anything to do with NUFC.

Absolutely.  But what I've been told as a Newcastle fan I should be outside SJP protesting 

28 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I went in the corporate bit a couple of times in the Mike Ashley years. There’s a lad I know works at Nissan and they have (or had) a prize draw for employees where you could win s table there and I got invited along when he’d won. To say the food was bog standard is bigging it up considerably. I think it worked out about £120 per head if you were paying for it. In the championship. 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I went in the corporate bit a couple of times in the Mike Ashley years. There’s a lad I know works at Nissan and they have (or had) a prize draw for employees where you could win s table there and I got invited along when he’d won. To say the food was bog standard is bigging it up considerably. I think it worked out about £120 per head if you were paying for it. In the championship. 

Penfold was probably burning the midnight oil watering down the ketchup, mayo, alcohol bottles etc. 

• Haha 1

Read his review of the game. Suggests we could have won, but were too afraid. Suggests that final result was wounding and embarrassing. Which is frankly bollocks. Every man jack of the lads can hold their heads up high because our second string deserved at least a point away at the supposed title challengers.

We fucked with them because they can't handle being fucked with.

• Like 2

Read this on Facebook earlier, it really does sum things up perfectly:

In almost 11 months since the takeover....

IN
Trippier
Burn 
Targett
Wood
Bruno
Pope
Botman
Isak

OUT
Gayle
Hayden
Dubs
Clarke 
Hendrick
Woodman
M Longstaff

ACHIEVEMENTS

-Dan Ashworth as Sporting Director 
-Darren Eagles as CEO
-Eddie Howe as gaffer
-Brought the women's team under the club umbrella
-Re-engaged the fanbase
-Wor Flags are back
-Sports Direct gone
-Cleaned the windows
-Actually got the doubters in the media saying they’re impressed with the way they’re going about everything
-Got the rest of the Premier League absolutely rattled 

I’m probably missing a lot of stuff but considering the shambles they inherited it’s not a bad start is it?

Cannot wait to see what the next few years brings. 

🦓🦓🦓🦓🦓🦓🦓🦓🦓🦓

• Like 5

He interviewed the lad for an entire hour but "ran out of time" 

and that's how sportswashing happens, as much as they want to blame the working class fan. 

He's the same as Delaney, targeting the fans consta but there's absolute radio silence when an inconvenient truth is raised.

• Like 5

Fucking journos these days want to press the team manager on political matters rather than talking about what is their remit - the football. 

We don't have much time for him, but I was impressed with Klopp's response to "Is Naples a dangerous city?" in his pre-match press conference last night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apart from anything else that sounds like a terrible deal. Reminds me of Brian Johnson’s quote about the most expensive season ticket in the world. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alex said:

Apart from anything else that sounds like a terrible deal. Reminds me of Brian Johnson’s quote about the most expensive season ticket in the world. 

What's that?

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What's that?

Ages ago, I think it was the early days under SJH, when the club was skint. He offered some money to the board. Like £500k or something. A lot at the time anyway. I think it was a genuine offer but in exchange for a stake in the club and he was offered some honorary role instead, like ambassador or something. Or the most expensive season ticket in the world, as he put it 

• Like 2