Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Man U have an overall debt of about £1bn LMAO 

but “FFP” stops us spending money we actually have :lol: 

It's protectionism and we all know it. If only they scrutinised the grifting cunts who rinse a club and have that club in the doldrums for decades or even worse? In that case all you get is 'it's a shame' at best and they move on straight away but if it's a traditional old club getting some overdue investment to genuinely challenge the new 6 order then they're like a broken fucking record. Do your job and spotlight/protect the Derby's, Blackpool's and Bury's you absolute, fucking charlatans otherwise it looks to me as if you're just full of shit despite the stroking of chins on your poncy fucking sky shows or radio phone-ins showing psuedo-concern. Fuck off, man. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

Purely because its NUFC I wouldn't be surprised if PIF decided to bugger off. No logical or practical reason to think that would happen though. Just look at what they paid for us. They know they could turn us into a PL/CL winning club in 5-7 years in less than the money Liverpool are asking to be bought for. 

They’re going nowhere tbh. The journalists pushing the MUFC/LFC purchase angle are missing the key fucking point over and over again, it’s the same thing that Simon Jordon on talkSPORT keeps missing when he’s tying himself in knots calling MUFC/LFC massive historic clubs and that MCFC/NUFC are nobodies with loadsamoney. We’re the project that makes sense to them, that’s why PSG/MCFC/NUFC were the clubs bought as they’re all perennial underachievers and the ownership is bigger than us in the wider football world, when Man City win titles the ownership is praised/discussed etc, the same people wank off about how Manchester United owners are only seen as stewards of the club and that Man Utd is bigger than them - that’s precisely why they don’t make sense as an option. If Manchester United win a title who fucking cares? Half the cunts that attended the league cup final from their support didn’t even stick around to watch the trophy being raised, who discussed who owned Man Utd through the Ferguson era? It only mattered when they stopped winning and the whinging started, that’s not attractive to a ‘sportswashing’ project. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

They’re going nowhere tbh. The journalists pushing the MUFC/LFC purchase angle are missing the key fucking point over and over again, it’s the same thing that Simon Jordon on talkSPORT keeps missing when he’s tying himself in knots calling MUFC/LFC massive historic clubs and that MCFC/NUFC are nobodies with loadsamoney. We’re the project that makes sense to them, that’s why PSG/MCFC/NUFC were the clubs bought as they’re all perennial underachievers and the ownership is bigger than us in the wider football world, when Man City win titles the ownership is praised/discussed etc, the same people wank off about how Manchester United owners are only seen as stewards of the club and that Man Utd is bigger than them - that’s precisely why they don’t make sense as an option. If Manchester United win a title who fucking cares? Half the cunts that attended the league cup final from their support didn’t even stick around to watch the trophy being raised, who discussed who owned Man Utd through the Ferguson era? It only mattered when they stopped winning and the whinging started, that’s not attractive to a ‘sportswashing’ project. 

That's a great point that I hadn't actually thought of before

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye spot on. And its clear the ownership strongly buys into what success could mean, not just for the club and city but also building a historic legacy.

The last year still feels surreal. This is Newcastle United, just can't help shake the feeling something bad is around the corner. I know there is no logical reason for it right now :lol:  and it's quite likely we'll be banking silverware soon. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye spot on. And its clear the ownership strongly buys into what success could mean, not just for the club and city but also building a historic legacy.

The last year still feels surreal. This is Newcastle United, just can't help shake the feeling something bad is around the corner. I know there is no logical reason for it right now :lol:  and it's quite likely we'll be banking silverware soon. 

:lol: Amazing isn’t it. I agree it just doesn’t feel real, it’s absolutely mental that we’re discussing the points needed/form of clubs around us in relation to the CL when this time last year we were discussing it in relation to relegation, and the most unreal bit is we’ve barely even started yet in terms of money spent or improvement of facilities etc. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Mandy talking about PIF’s long term strategy and I’m afraid I’ll I can say to Man U is…..

league of legends caster jun GIF by lolesports

Spot on, if anything the valuations of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U when they have gone up for sale just solidify that PIF picked the right club in buying us for $350m, they don't represent an opportunity for PIF to sell up and go elsewhere.

The fact is they could dump half as much as they'd have to spend to buy one of those clubs into us over the next few years and we'd be one of the biggest spenders in world football (which, lets be honest, usually equals success on the pitch in the long term). 

• Like 1

Or they could've just spent two bob on Sunderland and with maybe one or two additions they'd be champions league winners considering how good they already are now with the total fluid football that's rocking the championship, soon to be premier league?

• Haha 9

20 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

that's a charitable take. i can understand why they're pissed off about the debt the glazers took but poor decisions can happen anywhere. moyes was fergie's pick, van gaal came with a reputation of winning big trophies as did mourinho. there's only really solskjær and rangnick who you could say were dodgy appointments

they should just 

giggly-blushing.gif

I guess the problem is that they didn't marry recruitment strategy with the managerial appointments. Look at the money they've wasted on shit. Or even the money they've wasted on good players who just wren't a good idea long term. They've lurched from one playing style to another without any joined up thinking.

They've as much right to be unhappy at the mismanagement of their club as the mackems under Short. No, they haven't been relegated, but they have been woefully mismanaged for ages. Only by virtue of the quality they can afford and attract have they been remotely competitive. It's not through shrewd business or good planning.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I guess the problem is that they didn't marry recruitment strategy with the managerial appointments. Look at the money they've wasted on shit. Or even the money they've wasted on good players who just wren't a good idea long term. They've lurched from one playing style to another without any joined up thinking.

They've as much right to be unhappy at the mismanagement of their club as the mackems under Short. No, they haven't been relegated, but they have been woefully mismanaged for ages. Only by virtue of the quality they can afford and attract have they been remotely competitive. It's not through shrewd business or good planning.

I'm always dubious about disagreeing with fans opinion of their own club. Had a lifetime of know nought cockney cunts telling me they know best about NUFC. I'm careful not to be one myself

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm always dubious about disagreeing with fans opinion of their own club. Had a lifetime of know nought cockney cunts telling me they know best about NUFC. I'm careful not to be one myself

Are you sticking up for Man Utd fans or having a go at them? ;) 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

they definitely made poor decisions but they spent more money than anyone else so it's not like they weren't trying. get the world's tiniest violin out for the green and yellow scarf wankers basically

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

they definitely made poor decisions but they spent more money than anyone else so it's not like they weren't trying. get the world's tiniest violin out for the green and yellow scarf wankers basically

Right, but bad decisions are still bad decisions. Just because they tossed a lot of money around doesn't soften the blow, does it?

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Right, but bad decisions are still bad decisions. Just because they tossed a lot of money around doesn't soften the blow, does it?

cry-me-a-river-justin-timberlake.gif

• 2 weeks later...