Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Why limit it to only those countries? Makes no sense 

I think it’s quite normal. I.e. you get shows available on US Netflix / Prime / Disney and not here (and vice-versa). It’ll be a licensing thing rather than a conscious decision to limit the audience. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Why limit it to only those countries? Makes no sense 

Don't worry nephew, I'll give you access to to whatever streaming service it ends up being on, just as long as you stop banging the St Maxi drum.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Craig said:

As was mentioned at the time, the fact that PiF has to be chaired by a sitting governement minister etc. is literally in the header of the PiF charter or something, its not some cleverly discovered "gotcha" :lol:

It was never about government control, it was about piracy and how pissed of the Sky 6 were about the prospect of us being loaded.

• Like 2

How many members of our government sit on the board of companies? does their involvement make those companies government assets?

• Like 3

I suppose the question is whether the PL will be pressured to withdraw their approval in the light of this new information, which was presented in a US court as evidence. I hope not.  

I suspect it may be very hard for the PL to take back approval once given. I doubt other PL clubs are under continuous review and their rules may not even cater for it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kitman said:

I suppose the question is whether the PL will be pressured to withdraw their approval in the light of this new information, which was presented in a US court as evidence. I hope not.  

I suspect it may be very hard for the PL to take back approval once given. I doubt other PL clubs are under continuous review and their rules may not even cater for it.

Its not new information though and that would be the first and last thing said during a legal challenge, there is no way the PL didn't know this very publicly available information about PIF.

Its "news" because no one bitching about the takeover ever read up on what they were bitching about, they just parroted each others talking points (some of which are very valid, lets not pretend otherwise)

But PIF being run by a minister is no surprise to anyone who knew what they were talking about, it was a stalling tactic when the PL were under pressure from broadcasters and their favourite clubs.

FFS its on their website, this took me 20 seconds to find. https://www.pif.gov.sa/en/Pages/About-OurLeadership.aspx

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Its not new information though and that would be the first and last thing said during a legal challenge, there is no way the PL didn't know this very publicly available information about PIF.

Its "news" because no one bitching about the takeover ever read up on what they were bitching about, they just parroted each others talking points (some of which are very valid, lets not pretend otherwise)

But PIF being run by a minister is no surprise to anyone who knew what they were talking about, it was a stalling tactic when the PL were under pressure from broadcasters and their favourite clubs.

FFS its on their website, this took me 20 seconds to find. https://www.pif.gov.sa/en/Pages/About-OurLeadership.aspx

Thanks Andrew. I think the BBC article implied the disclosures to the PL were at odds with the statement made in the LIV court case. If the statements are consistent and the facts were known by the PL as you say it sounds like there’s no basis for the PL to resile (even if that’s possible). I’m sure they won’t want to take on PIF anyway.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i think we should've taken the lads out to the ksa on a golfing holiday during the international break just to wind people up.

Do people really hate golf that much? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

i think we should've taken the lads out to the ksa on a golfing holiday during the international break just to wind people up.

NUFC X LIV GOLF 

The Jamal* Invitational

*Lascelles 

• Haha 4