Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think six European Cups might have something to do with it.

I'm not convinced young players nowadays care about the history of the club they are joining all that much. It might be nice to be able to try and dazzle them with your trophy room when you're showing them around, but at the end of the day they likely really only care about how much money your are offering them, who the coach is and if he's got the ability to improve them, and who they will be playing with, in that order.

Edited by Polarboy

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

“ The financier has put together a group of figures on both the football and non-football side, in plans that go back some time.”

Starts with R and rhymes with Gaffer. 

47 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If Saudi Arabia is run by such horrible people,I wonder how many people saying it have worked for companies who have done business with them.

I was going to reply to this seriously but I honestly don’t have the energy.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Howay now eating raw steak :D

Spot on :good:

:lol: Can you tell I was putting off doing my work today. I’ve also been getting right into the cans tonight and I feel good about this whole thing lads, it’s going to happen. 

• Haha 3

I don’t mind in the slightest that folk are getting slightly carried away and having fun with the news this week but If we take this from Mandy last year we’re unlikely to be using Man City as a model on how to go forward..if we’re more along the lines of Leicester that would suit me a lot better..

Last year, she set our her vision for a football club. "We are sensible people who invest other people’s money. We would also put our own capital in – of course we would. But with financial fair play rules, all football clubs have to be financially stable," she told the National.

I am

hugely proud of Man City – we are not looking at creating another Man City in terms of the huge levels of investment they’ve had on players.

"But what I love about Man City is how they have invested so well in Manchester, in the area. That’s really important, and the sort of thing we would want to do elsewhere."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-united-takeover-amanda-staveley-18110978

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Our alleged new chairman speaketh ..as happy face pointed out in his tweet on this, "black & white pocket square' ;)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2020-03-05/the-david-rubenstein-show-yasir-al-rumayyan-video

Charnley in bed after watching that......

giphy (15).gif

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I don’t mind in the slightest that folk are getting slightly carried away and having fun with the news this week but If we take this from Mandy last year we’re unlikely to be using Man City as a model on how to go forward..if we’re more along the lines of Leicester that would suit me a lot better..

Last year, she set our her vision for a football club. "We are sensible people who invest other people’s money. We would also put our own capital in – of course we would. But with financial fair play rules, all football clubs have to be financially stable," she told the National.

I am

hugely proud of Man City – we are not looking at creating another Man City in terms of the huge levels of investment they’ve had on players.

"But what I love about Man City is how they have invested so well in Manchester, in the area. That’s really important, and the sort of thing we would want to do elsewhere."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-united-takeover-amanda-staveley-18110978

I've lost track of the number of takeovers we've had. Was that quote not pre- PIF involvement?

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I am

I saw somebody mention the Leipzig approach who, I believe, pumped obscene money into coaching, scouting and a state-of-the-art training facility and acquired a load of affiliates all over the world to pick up their best young players. Less spending on big names and more just establishing a machine behind everything. It wouldn't surprise me if they very quickly built an expensive new training ground and academy. The one thing that should, at least, be very fucking obvious is that we should be hoovering up any young North Eastern player of any real quality whatsoever. Set up club-run 4G pitches all over the region, hold regular youth leagues and cast your eye over the talented ones. I'm not sure if any old fucker can fund football in schools but donating a load of top-notch football gear to schools seems an obvious idea as well.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Never mind that, Nikos Dabizas is in the looking for Director of Football :lol: 

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Gets my vote :lol:

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

We definitely need to invest in the academy & training facilities. We can’t have Leo Messi taking his ice bath in a council bin.

A fleet of jeeps arrived at the SoL, Dabizas steps out, wearing shades, surrounded by heavies in suits and approaches a man in a red and off white tracksuit which has seen better days.

Nicos: "Are you the groundsman?"

Groundsman: "Err....yes."

ND: "Great. We're here for your goalkeeping nets. I'm going to hang them on the wall of the new gym that's going to be built at Newcastle United. For old times sake."

Groundsman: "Err, has the Don said it's ok?"

Heavies and Nikos menacingly approach the man more closely.....

ND: "Don, Who?"

Groundsman: " Err, I'll get them straight away, Sir. FTM!"

Dabizas turns and looks....

Groundsman: "I mean, I'll get them straight away and have a nice day, sir."

The fleet of jeeps pull away from the SoL, nets in the back of Dabizas' vehicle, one of the heavies looks back in his rear view mirror and hockles out of his open window in disgust.

The opening titles start to roll down and that mackem kid starts to sing about boats signalling the beginning of the first episode of 'Sunderland till I die' series 3. 

:good:

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

We definitely need to invest in the academy & training facilities. We can’t have Leo Messi taking his ice bath in a council bin.

Nah man it’ll be character building for the fuckin wee scrote :cuppa:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I saw somebody mention the Leipzig approach who, I believe, pumped obscene money into coaching, scouting and a state-of-the-art training facility and acquired a load of affiliates all over the world to pick up their best young players. Less spending on big names and more just establishing a machine behind everything. It wouldn't surprise me if they very quickly built an expensive new training ground and academy. The one thing that should, at least, be very fucking obvious is that we should be hoovering up any young North Eastern player of any real quality whatsoever. Set up club-run 4G pitches all over the region, hold regular youth leagues and cast your eye over the talented ones. I'm not sure if any old fucker can fund football in schools but donating a load of top-notch football gear to schools seems an obvious idea as well.

Aye the fee for any player we go in for will be trebled before Nikos gets his contacts book out. It makes complete sense to me to take the route you’re suggesting and the more sentinent among our support will love it immediately, the “ M’bappe for Toon” crowd will catch on eventually. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I've lost track of the number of takeovers we've had. Was that quote not pre- PIF involvement?

Aye, it was before all the Saudi oil money, her most recent comments on our spending plans were, ‘gan radge and neck cowies’.

Whatever that means.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

A fleet of jeeps arrived at the SoL, Dabizas steps out, wearing shades, surrounded by heavies in suits and approaches a man in a red and off white tracksuit which has seen better days.

Nicos: "Are you the groundsman?"

Groundsman: "Err....yes."

ND: "Great. We're here for your goalkeeping nets. I'm going to hang them on the wall of the new gym that's going to be built at Newcastle United. For old times sake."

Groundsman: "Err, has the Don said it's ok?"

Heavies and Nikos menacingly approach the man more closely.....

ND: "Don, Who?"

Groundsman: " Err, I'll get them straight away, Sir. FTM!"

Dabizas turns and looks....

Groundsman: "I mean, I'll get them straight away and have a nice day, sir."

The fleet of jeeps pull away from the SoL, nets in the back of Dabizas' vehicle, one of the heavies looks back in his rear view mirror and hockles out of his open window in disgust.

The opening titles start to roll down and that mackem kid starts to sing about boats signalling the beginning of the first episode of 'Sunderland till I die' series 3. 

:good:

NIKKOSSSSSSSSSSSSSS......... hadn’t really appreciated how good Robert’s ball in was till just now ☺️

• Like 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official