Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

10 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

He's known how to do that for a long time as he does it when he realises he is too stupid to answer intelligently.:icon_lol:

DON’T YOU DARE QUOTE ME AGAIN IN MY DOMINION OR I WILL COME DOWN ON YOU WITH THE FORCE OF THOUSAND HURRICANES 

BE GONE, VILE MAN!

• Haha 3

This is sportwashing, pure and simple, there’s no point in pretending otherwise. It also offers no indication that this is a precursor to human rights reforms in SA. They really are as cruel and backward as ATP says.

But saying that there is absolutely no moral judgement to be made on us as a club. If the last 13 years have proved anything it’s that we have no say in who owns us. There’s nothing illegal about this deal.

It’s very much possible to be critical of Saudi Arabia and to also celebrate getting rid of Mike Ashley and looking forward to the hundreds of millions about to be spent on us.

• Like 4

Exactly. If they want to spunk their money on a football club to improve their public perception it's only successful if people actually start to think, hey these guys are great. Supporting the football team is completely independent of supporting the owner, it's what we've been doing under Mike Ashley. The difference is with Ashley at the helm we had very little to celebrate about the team, with this mob you would expect it will be a different story.

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I saw somebody mention the Leipzig approach who, I believe, pumped obscene money into coaching, scouting and a state-of-the-art training facility and acquired a load of affiliates all over the world to pick up their best young players. Less spending on big names and more just establishing a machine behind everything. It wouldn't surprise me if they very quickly built an expensive new training ground and academy. The one thing that should, at least, be very fucking obvious is that we should be hoovering up any young North Eastern player of any real quality whatsoever. Set up club-run 4G pitches all over the region, hold regular youth leagues and cast your eye over the talented ones. I'm not sure if any old fucker can fund football in schools but donating a load of top-notch football gear to schools seems an obvious idea as well.

Aye I agree this is the more likely approach. While it takes longer it gets round FFP, and then allows for spending on the top level players once your revenue catches up. The scouting in the Red Bull group of teams is immense tbh, when you think in very recent memory they’ve had players like Mane, Keita, and Haaland (I know 2 out of that 3 were Salzburg but it’s the same regime). Agree as well there’s good potential they follow the RB and City group approaches of building a network of clubs with the PL/Bundesliga team sitting top of the hierarchy. 

I think it’s also important for them to be in a dialogue with the FFP administrators. I read somewhere that PSG have remained in constant contact whereas Man City have often completely ignored them, which has contributed to City being looked at less favorably. 

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I think it’s also important for them to be in a dialogue with the FFP administrators. I read somewhere that PSG have remained in constant contact whereas Man City have often completely ignored them, which has contributed to City being looked at less favorably. 

“ Hello, is that FFP admin office?”

”Oui, cest nous. Comment je peu vous aide?”

“ This is Mr. Bin Salmaan,of Newcastle United. Hands are really useful when typing out letters saying we haven’t broken FFP regulations, aren’t they?”

“ Le Gulp!”

• Haha 5

I was transferring through Dubai years ago, shitfaced. I stepped over a low barrier to join a smaller queue and was berated by ex number 4.  To which I slurred, a little too loudly, “what they gonna do, cut me hands off?”  

typed from my chinstrap

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Prior to signing Rodri most of their signings cost the same as Joelinton or less.

Aye, there’s only De Bruyne, Cancelo, La Porte, Sterling, Mahrez, Mendy, Stones, Walker, Sane, Silva and Mangala who cost more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official