Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

4 hours ago, Sir Les said:

Judging by her Wiki page, i'd say she is: "I'm just grateful to have been given the opportunities I've had so far. It's not about money — it wouldn't matter if I was making £8 million or £200 million. I just want to go to bed at night and shout "HOWAY THE LADS", before furiously finger blasting myself to photos of Shola

:lol:

4 hours ago, Sir Les said:

Judging by her Wiki page, i'd say she is: "I'm just grateful to have been given the opportunities I've had so far. It's not about money — it wouldn't matter if I was making £8 million or £200 million. I just want to go to bed at night and shout "HOWAY THE LADS", before furiously finger blasting myself to photos of Ginola 

who hasn't :D

15 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Reviewing contracts and any ongoing legal cases are standard due diligence tasks during an acquisition. Any half decent business man would have a team going through them in detail. 

I suppose, in simple terms, they'd be doing a projection of the impact the HMRC case could have in financial terms. If the likelihood is strong enough but they're still interested, you'd expect the bid amount to be adjusted accordingly. If Ashley is smart(fat chance), he'll have done his own calculations and have a price in his mind that factors it in.

People have talked about big points deductions but is that really likely? Why punish the football side of it? Does it have something to do with the FA? Havent read a lot on this admittedly.  If there's fraud you jail the officials and fine them and/or the company. You wouldnt punish, say a retailer, by telling them to throw out 40% of their stock or shut down shop for 12 hours a day. 

I agree, I'd be surprised if the FA can deduct points for what will likely be an arguable tax position, rather than out and out wrongdoing, if it comes to anything at all. All I've read so far is that the HMRC has seized documents and computers, the club might not even be the target of their investigation.

As far as the deal goes, it shouldn't derail anything.... I expect the current owner will simply indemnify the new owners against any losses arising from the tax investigation. 

17 hours ago, Alex said:

Holding onto Coutinho after the Barca bid suggests a decent level of ambition too

Indeed. But still 'FSG is killing our club....' :rolleyes:

https://www.metro.news/colin-murray-ashleys-departure-from-newcastle-means-nappy-days-are-here-again/789114/

NINE months after the day Mike Ashley finally sells Newcastle United, the National Guard and the British Red Cross will have to be deployed on Tyneside to handle the explosion of child births.

What a party that will be. The clouds will part, the sun will shine, rivers of brown ale will flow.

Grown men will weep, children of the Toon under the age of ten will smile for the very first time. I, for one, will be sad to see Mike Ashley leave Newcastle United… is a sentence muttered only by Sunderland fans.

This week, the ‘tracksuit billionaire’ not only reiterated the club is for sale but set out a clear path to the exit door. Potential suitors have been named, and the frontrunner appears to be PCP Capital Partners, a Middle East company spearheaded by Amanda Staveley, prompting one fan on Twitter to immediately pen the classic, ‘Oh Mandy, you came and you ***ked off Mike Ashley!’ I believe this needs developing by the Gallowgate End should she succeed.

There’s an inevitable gap between seller and buyer valuations, plus don’t forget the outstanding HMRC investigation into the tax affairs of the club, but fans are excited because Mike Ashley actively wants out, and by Christmas if he can.

Most recent reports claim PCP – and four other more mysterious parties – have signed a non-disclosure agreement, which means they can look at private things as long as they keep schtum. It’s a bit like the form I’d make you sign if I was to let you look behind the huge pile of old jumpers in my bedroom cupboard. For the Toon Army, desperate for new leadership, the signs are good.

But when a relationship edges closer to the rocks, one can’t help but look back, and it’s fair to say there was a brief honeymoon period. When I say brief, I mean Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries brief.

In the early days, saviour Ashley (below) even travelled on the odd supporters’ bus, fans happily accepting his offer of a pint or six on away days, but that hit the skids after his public break-up with club icon Kevin Keegan.

If you were being kind, you would say he under-achieved. If you were being brutal, you would say he cheapened the club with low-rent sponsors and distasteful stadium name changes, punctuated by all-too-regular farce at managerial and boardroom level.

Personally, I feel Newcastle United under Ashley have remained a sleeping giant, and when there have been signs of stirring, it always felt like it was Ashley and his closest allies who, inadvertently or not, slipped this great club a couple of Xanax.

Take this summer for example. Back in the Premier League, an influx of TV money, a world-class manager in charge, and their net spend in the transfer window was less than Bournemouth, Crystal Palace and Huddersfield. This was not a one-off. When they finished fifth in the top flight in 2012, this was backed up by just one ‘major’ summer signing, namely Vurnon Anita.

In his ten years at the helm of Newcastle United, Ashley has baffled as much as he has angered.

With new proprietors comes risk but, while Mike remains, it is hard to see how Rafa can ‘make Newcastle great again’, so please don’t fall for the ‘better the devil you know’ baloney.

There have been worse owners in the modern football era but you only need to observe the outpouring on social media – from Newcastle fans and ex-players in particular – to see that the end can’t come quick enough.

Me? I’m off to invest in black-and-white baby grows.

Edited by The Fish

7 hours ago, Kitman said:

Looks mad tbh. Good fit for nufc therefore

She looks more high maintenance than that Russian bint who thought combining poledancing with hanging out the side of a fast moving car was a good idea.

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Sorry to piss on your parade lads but even if she does buy us Fish says we can't compete for titles. [/mostrealisticestmagonrtg]

You're an odd lad.

I'm sure I've said the same here.

Edited by The Fish

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I don't really read your posts on here mate 

You just did spackajack, and why would you red my posts on a different board, if you don't here? 

Like I said, you're an odd lad.

11 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

You derail threads over there, you're largely ridiculed on here

But you definitely don't read my posts. :lol:

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

https://www.metro.news/colin-murray-ashleys-departure-from-newcastle-means-nappy-days-are-here-again/789114/

NINE months after the day Mike Ashley finally sells Newcastle United, the National Guard and the British Red Cross will have to be deployed on Tyneside to handle the explosion of child births.

What a party that will be. The clouds will part, the sun will shine, rivers of brown ale will flow.

Grown men will weep, children of the Toon under the age of ten will smile for the very first time. I, for one, will be sad to see Mike Ashley leave Newcastle United… is a sentence muttered only by Sunderland fans.

This week, the ‘tracksuit billionaire’ not only reiterated the club is for sale but set out a clear path to the exit door. Potential suitors have been named, and the frontrunner appears to be PCP Capital Partners, a Middle East company spearheaded by Amanda Staveley, prompting one fan on Twitter to immediately pen the classic, ‘Oh Mandy, you came and you ***ked off Mike Ashley!’ I believe this needs developing by the Gallowgate End should she succeed.

There’s an inevitable gap between seller and buyer valuations, plus don’t forget the outstanding HMRC investigation into the tax affairs of the club, but fans are excited because Mike Ashley actively wants out, and by Christmas if he can.

Most recent reports claim PCP – and four other more mysterious parties – have signed a non-disclosure agreement, which means they can look at private things as long as they keep schtum. It’s a bit like the form I’d make you sign if I was to let you look behind the huge pile of old jumpers in my bedroom cupboard. For the Toon Army, desperate for new leadership, the signs are good.

But when a relationship edges closer to the rocks, one can’t help but look back, and it’s fair to say there was a brief honeymoon period. When I say brief, I mean Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries brief.

In the early days, saviour Ashley (below) even travelled on the odd supporters’ bus, fans happily accepting his offer of a pint or six on away days, but that hit the skids after his public break-up with club icon Kevin Keegan.

If you were being kind, you would say he under-achieved. If you were being brutal, you would say he cheapened the club with low-rent sponsors and distasteful stadium name changes, punctuated by all-too-regular farce at managerial and boardroom level.

Personally, I feel Newcastle United under Ashley have remained a sleeping giant, and when there have been signs of stirring, it always felt like it was Ashley and his closest allies who, inadvertently or not, slipped this great club a couple of Xanax.

Take this summer for example. Back in the Premier League, an influx of TV money, a world-class manager in charge, and their net spend in the transfer window was less than Bournemouth, Crystal Palace and Huddersfield. This was not a one-off. When they finished fifth in the top flight in 2012, this was backed up by just one ‘major’ summer signing, namely Vurnon Anita.

In his ten years at the helm of Newcastle United, Ashley has baffled as much as he has angered.

With new proprietors comes risk but, while Mike remains, it is hard to see how Rafa can ‘make Newcastle great again’, so please don’t fall for the ‘better the devil you know’ baloney.

There have been worse owners in the modern football era but you only need to observe the outpouring on social media – from Newcastle fans and ex-players in particular – to see that the end can’t come quick enough.

Me? I’m off to invest in black-and-white baby grows.

I met Colin Murray in February and had a long conversation about NUFC. Made his feelings about Mike Ashley very clear :icon_lol:

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

why couldn't we compete for titles if we were lucky enough to see a man city-type takeover? 

Couple of reasons; 

I don't think we'll get a Man City type takeover, more likely to be a wealthy investor that propels us into the top 6 or 7 spots.

Even if we did get a Man City type takeover, we'd be joining a group of 4 clubs going for the title and everyone else has a headstart on us, so it would be years of heavy investment to get there. I mean Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd have spent £1bn on players since 2003. We'd be stymied by a combination of their existing strength, FFP and so on.

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

I met Colin Murray in February and had a long conversation about NUFC. Made his feelings about Mike Ashley very clear :icon_lol:

He's one of the few in the media that actually seems to get it.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He's one of the few in the media that actually seems to get it.

His opening gambit was "how much do you despise that thunderc*nt Mike Ashley?" :lol:

I think he's a Liverpool fan but when he did the Channel 5 coverage of our Uefa Cup games (under Roeder iirc) you could tell Murray had an affection for us.

Just now, Alex said:

I think he's a Liverpool fan but when he did the Channel 5 coverage of our Uefa Cup games (under Roeder iirc) you could tell Murray had an affection for us.

He's a definite Liverpool fan and told me as much. It was an awards ceremony where he was the compare and said he absolutely loves the Geordies and they deserve so much better! 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official