Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I think he’s making a fair point here tbh, Gloomy. 
If you’re a young, black male in the US today, you’re in a similar boat to anyone in Saudi who doesn’t toe the line- you’ll probably spend time in jail, your chances of being killed by the state are comparable, and your options to effect change are similarly fucked. 
That’s not to lessen the awfulness of the Saudi regime, clearly, but it’s a stark example that we are not as perfect as we like to think. 

i dont think the west is perfect - far from it. the numbers of black people killed by police in the states every year is disgraceful. i don't dispute any of that.

but you cannot compare the US and Saudi legal systems, which was the point he made. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m sorry lads but there’s no defending Saudi Arabian atrocities. :lol: 

I posted that not having read the subsequent replies, and of course, chopping peoples  hands/heads/chose your appendage off is medieval. 
I still think KD’s point, that America, the glory of the west, isn’t exactly the shining example when arguing against a brutal state regime is perfectly valid and salient.  

• Like 2

Lads it’s easy copy for journalists in a time with a complete dearth of news or sport. We’re going to come in for flak but in a few months time the criticism will be forgotten.

We are entering shaky ground if we start to argue that the legal system of Saudi Arabia isn’t too dissimilar from western standards. Their moral principles are totally backwards even by modern muslim standards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:lol: 
Trying to keep up here, without letting my glass run dry ;)

I agree, the Saudi regime is fucking medieval, at best. There’s no defending Sharia law as a modern legal system- it’s fucked. 
I’d argue though, that any state that has capital punishment (legal murder)of it’s citizens as an option on its books isn’t too far removed, and should get their own house in order if they want to tidy the houses of other countries. 

• Like 1

Fucking hell. Lads the Saudi's cut thief's hands off regularly, decapitate people with machetes and have done so quite frequently in public, and have killed and then crucified a person in at least one case, also in public. A non Saudi servant for a Saudi family stated that her employers, more like slave masters, were unhappy with her work and so cut one of her hands off which they were allowed to do. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. If we as Newcastle fans start trying to draw transparently false equivalences we will rightly get torn to pieces by the media and other fans. Having said all that I'm going to go toast the prince :D

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

We are entering shaky ground if we start to argue that the legal system of Saudi Arabia isn’t too dissimilar from western standards. Their moral principles are totally backwards even by modern muslim standards. 

Ive already answered that above. The histories of the 2 states are so far removed from each other it was impossible for them to end up with comparable legal systems. One of them is making efforts for reform. Whether it’s lip service or otherwise remains to be seen 

:lol: Keys really is a desperate cunt. So he’s accepted and signed everything to do with the Saudi bid, but he’d rather some other bid that Keys made up in his head would succeed. Sounds like Keys is already trying to paint Mike Ashley as a bloke trying to do good, he’s selling to the Saudis hairy hands, just let it go. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Howay said:

:lol: Keys really is a desperate cunt. So he’s accepted and signed everything to do with the Saudi bid, but he’d rather some other bid that Keys made up in his head would succeed. Sounds like Keys is already trying to paint Mike Ashley as a bloke trying to do good, he’s selling to the Saudis hairy hands, just let it go. 

Justin Barnes on the phone to try to get him to do some good PR for Mike in case the spotlight turns to him accepting Saudi money. Imagine being so disliked that one of the people you use for PR is Richard Keys, a man exiled in QATAR because nobody in his homeland can abide him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

As has been said by most of us on here, it’s entirely possible to criticise them, and the horrific practices and beliefs they have, whilst also applying the same criticism to “more enlightened” states. 
The US is in a fucking tailspin towards all out civic breakdown if they carry on with The Tangerine, and he’s not the sole cause of that, it’s been building for years. 
They had a chance with Obama to step back from the brink and be decent, but we know how that worked out.  
If we’re not careful, we’ll find ourselves in a similar mess too, I fear. 
There’s a worldwide outbreak of cuntishness, and I don’t see anyone in power, or with the ability to get in to power, doing a great deal to stop it. 

• Like 4

I don’t love giving them the views but it’s a fucking fantastic watch :lol: the indignation from these two arseholes is immense, meanwhile everyone fuming about human rights abuses and these two are whinging about claims of piracy :lol: Andy Gray just chipping in with a “too right” every now and again. What a pair of helmets. 

The pair of them are nothing more than mouth pieces for Qataris. This video shows that in a really embarrassing way. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Can someone do a face swap/merge of Keys and Ashley, just so we know what the most punchable face actually looks like? 
Cheers 

• Haha 1

Yes, each country should be judged by its own merits and some basic moral standards that should apply to all regardless of their ancient or recent history. Therefore there is no sense in stating that other countries have poor human rights records as well. That doesn’t make any of the atrocities any better, on neither side.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Yes, each country should be judged by its own merits and some basic moral standards that should apply to all regardless of their ancient or recent history. Therefore there is no sense in stating that other countries have poor human rights records as well. That doesn’t make any of the atrocities any better, on neither side.

I would like to express my agreement with this statement through the medium of meme. 
cunts-cunts-everywhere-1t902i.jpg

• Like 4

:lol: Andy Gray nodding along the whole time to Keys nonsense, then when Key goes “and I know there’s been another bid, it’s been on the table a while, I thought it’d go through before Christmas but it didn’t” Gray interrupts and goes “what a bid for Newcastle?” Absolutely magical stuff from these two exiles. To be fair to Andy it must be hard to hear with the arm of the Qatari leadership that far up your arse you fucking puppet. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Ok, in my aim to get rid of all moral principles I bought the first #cans for about two decades. I normally stick to bottles for ecological reasons.

EE526B27-9AF9-43E3-99E2-5205F7418508.jpeg

I have to say that I bought a can of Astra who are sponsoring St. Pauli in an attempt to show solidarity with western decadence and one with a golden bull to symbolise the idolisation of false gods.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Haha 2

The Saudis are savages. 
Trump’s a cunt. 
I’m glad I’m a white, middle-aged English bloke. 
We are going to be the best football team in the world. 

There. 

Shall I post a picture of some nice titties so we can all calm down? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The Saudis are savages. 
Trump’s a cunt. 
I’m glad I’m a white, middle-aged English bloke. 
We are going to be the best football team in the world. 

There. 

Shall I post a picture of some nice titties so we can all calm down? :lol:

well go on then...

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official