Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

I’m getting a bit bored of fans of other clubs telling us how we should feel about this takeover. 

Yeah there are moral concerns and that, but as we have been told over and over, support the team and not the regime.

When this is complete I will be on the cans, and when we win the league/cup/champions league treble, I will be on the cans and I couldn’t give a fuck what any other teams supporters could say.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I can recall saying something along the lines of struggling to see Man City's success in the same way I see Man United or Liverpool's, basically because they had a blank cheque to buy worldbeaters rather than a good mix of homegrown and improved players, with a few stars sprinkled in (which I appreciate is a very charitable way of looking at Man Utd of more recent years, but was more true in years gone by). City beating Watford 5-0 in the FA Cup final was a depressing moment IMO, made me wonder what the point in anyone else even trying was.

I have similar concerns about us if this goes through - maybe I'll find that it's the same, and I'll look on City differently as a result as well, I don't know.

Certainly never struggled with the human rights aspect though, despite being a staunch believer in such things.

Plenty of competition and no club has unlimited money You thought City would dominate yet Liverpool are well on top this year City are in a good position though I think Chelsea are as well Arsenal are improving again Spurs have great new Stadium perhaps wont help much right now United are still linked with buying all the best players even thouhg they have all that debt and there owners will be hit hard by the Corona and they also have wage and player issues. Wolves and Leicester are looking great Everton could improve again and now there will be you guys 

10 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

@williamrickson

I'm 57, I was 6 when we won the fairs Cup in '69, I only have very faint recollections of it. 

other than a few years idolising supermac as a kid, the keegan promotion season in the mid 80s and the keegan and robson managerial years it's been a pretty rough ride for half a century. none more so than the last 13 years under the ownership of the hideous fat cunt from sportsdirect.

I'd given up hope of ever seeing my club winning anything in the time I have left and who knows it might still be too late?

what I do know is if these saudi's along with stavely and the reubin brothers make the possibility of seeing us lift some silverware come to fruition I'd happily sell me soul to the devil and I'm not really bothered how unethical that makes me.

as regards yourselves and the mansours...

about the only consideration I've given it is I wished to fuck they'd bought us instead back in '08 and I'd have been equally as morally bankrupt than as I am now in my happiness at seeing the back of a parasite whose sucked the soul out of nufc.

I believe our owner was looking at Manchester City Everton and Newcastle elected for Manchester City due to wiling selling new ground land round stadium and being able to get good publicity by playing on Manchester rivalry. 

3 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Private jet flying across Atlantic currently over south tip of Eire with Ashley on - or do I've been (un) reliably informed! 

Would he need to fly back if a deal is about to be finalised? 

Aye, he needs to get his spare fucking tent-cut jeans and shitty plastic bags from the office. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, williamrickson said:

United are still linked with buying all the best players even thouhg they have all that debt and there owners will be hit hard by the Corona and they also have wage and player issues. Wolves and Leicester are looking great Everton could improve again and now there will be you guys 

I wasn’t the aware the Crown Prince had bought us any players yet? ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, williamrickson said:

Plenty of competition and no club has unlimited money You thought City would dominate yet Liverpool are well on top this year City are in a good position though I think Chelsea are as well Arsenal are improving again Spurs have great new Stadium perhaps wont help much right now United are still linked with buying all the best players even thouhg they have all that debt and there owners will be hit hard by the Corona and they also have wage and player issues. Wolves and Leicester are looking great Everton could improve again and now there will be you guys 

I'm just saying how I felt the last time I had any kind of opinion on City. It's not an argument as such. I think the premise was something along the lines of whether or not City's success brought similar feelings to that of United or Liverpool (both of whom were clubs that I at various times, loved to hate - even if I've softened on Liverpool under Klopp). So the consideration was whether or not I really cared about City in the same way - and for whatever reason, I don't.

There's no argument you can make to 'fix' that, it's just how it was for me :lol:

As I say, I'm hopeful our own experience won't be the same but I'm prepared for it to go that way. It's like turning cheats on in Football Manager. Fun for a bit, but is it really earned or rewarding?

Totally accept my view may change if we ever win anything. But then again, it may not.

• Jaysus... 1

On 30/05/2019 at 13:55, Rayvin said:

I mean, we haven't won a trophy in 50 years so I could see them making an argument there with some success :lol:

I have to admit like, I haven't really had an issue with City winning the league since the other clubs are at least making a go of it, but that result against Watford in the FA Cup..  Idk man, if that was ever us winning 6-0 I think i would have started to feel a bit embarassed about it.

I said recently in another thread that all your money makes it hard to have strong feelings about you as a club, positive or negative. If it went the same way for us, I think it would be a disconnect from what i believe the personality of the club to be.

That said, I believe that personality is summarised as one of "glorious failure" so perhaps any success would be a disconnect...

^ post from a year ago. I stand by it at present.

36 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm just saying how I felt the last time I had any kind of opinion on City. It's not an argument as such. I think the premise was something along the lines of whether or not City's success brought similar feelings to that of United or Liverpool (both of whom were clubs that I at various times, loved to hate - even if I've softened on Liverpool under Klopp). So the consideration was whether or not I really cared about City in the same way - and for whatever reason, I don't.

There's no argument you can make to 'fix' that, it's just how it was for me :lol:

As I say, I'm hopeful our own experience won't be the same but I'm prepared for it to go that way. It's like turning cheats on in Football Manager. Fun for a bit, but is it really earned or rewarding?

Totally accept my view may change if we ever win anything. But then again, it may not.

Fucking Reported!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official