Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Was drinking a lot less in the last 10 days but fell off the wagon spectacularly last night during a zoom sesh with my brother and his kids...a cocktail made if Lidl spiced Voodoo rum, ginger beer, cider & lime. And Cornish IPA. And whisky... 

:spaz:

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Was drinking a lot less in the last 10 days but fell off the wagon spectacularly last night during a zoom sesh with my brother and his kids...a cocktail made if Lidl spiced Voodoo rum, ginger beer, cider & lime. And Cornish IPA. And whisky... 

:spaz:

aye, i forced myself to go 5 days without a drop as it was starting to get daft. it ends tonight with yet another bastard zoom quiz 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m having a few weeks off like. The combination of drinking on a night, missing the gym and eating badly hasn’t served me well :lol: 

you'll toast news of confirmation of the takeover, surely? 

but yeah - our BMI and kidneys are going to be fucked when we finally emerge from this. 

I deliberately spent an absolute fortune on a guitar pedal so I’d have a mind to lay off the takeaways & booze. 

Im not sure what I’ll do when it goes through tbh. Maybe a couple :lol: 

Well you can either continue to have them outside the tent pissing in or bring them in and get a bidding war going between them and Qatar. Part of their takeover plan will obviously be to have PL football broadcast in Saudi Arabia and they’re going to want to be the ones presenting it rather than Qatar. 

• Like 2

Firstly fuck the Sun. Secondly I wouldn't be surprised at all if the premier have politely made it clear that they want the Saudis to sort their piracy issue if they want to be cleared. And lastly I highly doubt the Sun knows any more than us, or have actually got an inside track that's explicitly told them that the premier are considering blocking it. As has been said it's very unlikely that Staveley, the Saudi's etc didn't take the piracy issue into consideration before starting this process, let alone giving Ashley 17million quid.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

I genuinely don’t think the papers have any insight into this tbh. They had no clue about the deal at all until the Company House information was public, now they are claiming to know exactly what the PL are thinking? 

It’s likely just the Sun jumping on the fact it’s seemingly taking a while (seemingly as it’s so public, I genuinely don’t know if this is taking longer than normal), to make this story and get a bunch of clicks.  The story centers on the Saudis being on this watch list, the Sun call it a black list which is different, it also seems from what people on Twitter are saying that the UAE are also on the same watch list, and while the watch list may have occurred after the UAE bought Man City you have to seemingly prove you still meet all of the tests criteria and are compliant each year (based on an article in The Athletic). If that’s the case, if the Saudis fail this then the Man City and Sheffield United owners should face expulsion too. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

Concerning thing is that whilst it was just between NUFC and PCP there wasn’t really much chance of information leaks. Now of course the Premier League are involved god knows how many people have eyes and ears on the matter and will be leaking out bits and bobs.

Edited by Dougle

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official