Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

NUFC supporters are all cunts, part 270786 by Jonathan Liew...

Rather, his biggest crime in the eyes of supporters was parsimony: a failure to lavish his wealth with the sort of earth-scorching abandon that has rendered Roman Abramovich at Chelsea and Sheikh Mansour at Manchester City virtually immune to internal criticism. Even if the Saudi deal fails to go through (it is currently pending Premier League approval), Newcastle fans have already shown their hand. And currently, it’s holding up a middle finger to the widow of a murdered dissident in the hope of a few big signings in the summer transfer window. 

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/sport/2020/05/newcastle-fans-back-club-s-takeover-saudi-arabia-do-they-bear-moral

The Newcastle United takeover saga is expected to rumble into a sixth week as the Premier League continues to work through the 350-page submission from a Saudi Arabian-backed consortium, with rival clubs now expressing concerns over the deal and piracy issues.

The Premier League is still conducting a lengthy legal process, looking into the attempted purchase of the club by Amanda Staveley, the Yorkshire businesswoman, and the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund (PIF).

It is understood, though, that there is mounting concern from other clubs over the potential £300 million deal that was agreed on April 14 between Staveley and Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner.

The Premier League, which is carrying out its owners’ and directors’ test, received new documents last week that are thought to have established a firm link between the Saudi government and a home-grown pirate TV and streaming service offering illegal access to the Premier League. Newcastle’s prospective owners have previously denied any link to the BeOutQ station.

It is believed that concerned clubs have written to the Premier League regarding the proposed takeover. The Premier League declined to comment when asked on the matter.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Oooh, the other clubs are concerned. Pour souls 

Wasn't that being reported about a fortnight ago though?  Of course they're not happy. Tbh I'm at the stage now where I couldn't give a fuck whether it goes through or not. It's highly unlikely that we'll be allowed in the stadium to watch the fuckers till 2021/2 anyway 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Rather, his biggest crime in the eyes of supporters was parsimony: a failure to lavish his wealth with the sort of earth-scorching abandon that has rendered Roman Abramovich at Chelsea and Sheikh Mansour at Manchester City virtually immune to internal criticism. Even if the Saudi deal fails to go through (it is currently pending Premier League approval), Newcastle fans have already shown their hand. And currently, it’s holding up a middle finger to the widow of a murdered dissident in the hope of a few big signings in the summer transfer window. 

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/sport/2020/05/newcastle-fans-back-club-s-takeover-saudi-arabia-do-they-bear-moral

His entire thesis on us hinges on taking a handful of shitty twitter responses to and about Khashoggi's wife. Twitter journalism at it worst. He even tried to be clever by including the poll result from the supporters trust, with regard to whether we wanted the takeover to happen or not, straight after, thereby implying that what a handful of people say on twitter, is a comparatively accurate representation of fan opinion as a whole.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Typically another reporter misses the point.  Mind while I think the lass of that murdered reporter has no business telling our supporters what we should or shouldn't do (I doubt she had any knowledge of us at all before someone went to her to get her involved) anyone who had a go at her for not being his real fiance wants their head looking at.  Although you could say anyone using twitter to try and discuss anything like this deserves anything they get.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I can’t stand his prose. Straight out the Gene / Louise Taylor book of painfully pretentious drivel. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Liew’s Talking shite and he probably knows it but there’s no other show in town at the minute. Again though, why the lie that we demanded the sort of money being spent by the likes of Man City? I notice he didn’t have a quote to back that up. Has anyone ever met a Newcastle supporter who holds that view? The Benitez years proves that’s a completely baseless accusation to throw at the majority of NUFC fans too. Also, he’s having a pop at the fans because of a few tweets but he’s defending the bloke taking the £300m or so off the Saudis. If he actually thinks that’s a well-reasoned piece he’s an even shitter journalist than I thought he was. Did I mention he’s a cunt? 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Alex said:

And he’s a cunt 

He's the new Matthew Sayed.  Over educated nonce slumming it with the plebs for some unknown reason . Henry Winter is the same background but appears to be a decent lad . 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

Winter is a decent bloke- clearly enjoyed a privileged upbringing, but he’s not gone the cunt route. 
He’s a trustee for Alive and Kicking, which seems like a decent thing. 
I doubt there’s many other sports journalists bother their arses with anything beyond where their next cheque is coming from. 

• Like 2

He's the new Matthew Sayed.  Over educated nonce slimming it with the plebs for some unknown reason . Henry Winter is the same background but appears to be a decent lad . 

Who thinks Chris Froome is clean to add to that!

Black Box CUNT

• Haha 1

He's the new Matthew Sayed.  Over educated nonce slumming it with the plebs for some unknown reason . Henry Winter is the same background but appears to be a decent lad . 

Yeah, they’re both ‘controversial’ ie they go for soft targets that’ll generate lots of social media traffic. I read a piece by Liew that waxed lyrical about the World Cup in Russia with a perfunctory nod to their tyrannical regime. I guess that’s a bit more scary to criticise than imaginary tweets though 

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Liew thinks Frome is clean? :lol:

what a fuckin weapon 

He’s on about Syed. He did a book I’ve had recommended to me called ‘Black Box Thinking’. I haven’t been able to bring myself to buy it because he’s such a tit 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Winter is a decent bloke- clearly enjoyed a privileged upbringing, but he’s not gone the cunt route. 
I doubt there’s many other sports journalists bother their arses with anything beyond where their next cheque is coming from. 

love simple minds i do.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Always says good things about the Newcastle fans too. When he could easily play to the crowd who seem to lap up the cliches about us 

• Like 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official