Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

I actually don’t see how the appeal does affect the decision in any way. Taking the report in its present form it does not provide any basis to reject the takeover, meaning an  appeal by KSA  doesn’t change anything in this regard.

It’s been indicated that the PL is unhappy with Al Qasabi being media minister as well as on the board of PIF, but I honestly can’t fathom why this is seen as a problem. He has been appointed into this position in February 2020. I haven’t seen anything indicating that he has been involved in anything regarding piracy before he assumed office. As the PIF is obviously linked to the state I don’t know why there is a problem having a minister as a board member. I might be rather thick, but surely if the PL wants to stop piracy in KSA then it should be best having the minister in some way responsible.

I did also have another look at the WTO report and did notice that they did publish additional information, especially the arguments from both sides as well as from third parties. It’s telling that Qatar produced evidence in form of a statement from an (alleged) BeoutQ employee, exhibit-222, linking the running of the channel directly to the Saudi government. There were arguments from both sides about the timing when the evidence was submitted (on the last day) as well as about the request from Qatar for the need of special measures of confidentiality. The panel did allow the evidence to be submitted but didn’t draw any conclusion from it, meaning they didn’t deem the witness to be credible.

• Like 3
  • Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its official #Cans #Jimbo's telly

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I'm at the ground. Staveley just came out and held up Bruce's head. 

Posted Images

I just keep coming back to the fact rejecting it on grounds of being worried about piracy resolves absolutely nothing, if anything it would make it worse.

This is all an issue of the PL’s making, the rights shouldn’t be sold regionally like this, especially a region that is so divided. Without that fucking absurd way of selling the rights there’d be no piracy issue as Saudi Arabia would have their own rights. 

• Like 1

I’m just speculating but it feels like the PL want to reject the bid to appease the clubs who don’t want us to have a benefactor with more money than them. But they don’t have the stones or the justification to do it. Pathetic if that’s the case 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Alex said:

I’m just speculating but it feels like the PL want to reject the bid to appease the clubs who don’t want us there have a benefactor with more money than them. But they don’t have the stones or the justification to do it. Pathetic if that’s the case 

Yep

They don't want us at the top table

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He could if the exclusivity has lapsed.

If the deal has passed O&D, there's not a hope in hell the buying side would be quiet about it. 

I can't think of a reason why Ashley would hold it up, he wants the money.

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

I wonder how the ZOOM Call between Ashley & Bruce went yesterday ? I'm reading over on N.O. that Bruce is furious about something.

Theres a chance it might not be true you know

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, trooper said:

I wonder how the ZOOM Call between Ashley & Bruce went yesterday ? I'm reading over on N.O. that Bruce is furious about something.

According to my source they’ve stopped stocking roast beef Monster Munch in the vending machine. Bruce is threatening to waddle out over the issue.

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

According to my source they’ve stopped stocking roast beef Monster Munch in the vending machine. Bruce is threatening to waddle out over the issue.

If they put in the Pickled Onion flavour it's a sign Rafa is coming back.

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Rafa always used to have a pickled onion in his pocket. Not a little one either, a proper chip shop gobstopper.

Easily 70p worth.

It helped him think.

Bruce has a half eaten kebab & some cabbage leaves in his pockets 

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Rafa always used to have a pickled onion in his pocket. Not a little one either, a proper chip shop gobstopper.

Easily 70p worth.

It helped him think.

Rafa loves English tapas.  Embrace the culture. 

• Haha 4
  • Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official