Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

10 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

PL can say nothing unless all parties renage the confidentiality agreement. 

Surely the confidentiality agreement, if there is one, is between seller and buyer, not with the PL.  On that basis, from where do the confidentiality provisions on which they rely come? 

If there was an anticipation of confidentiality from the PL by the seller and buyer within the O & D test process, the buyer, at least, has clearly relinquished any rights to confidentiality given what has been said on the buyer's.  Therefore, the PL should have no need to abide by it either, and could (and should) provide a statement, at the very least to deny that it held up the process or put unachievable conditions on the test.

56 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53672007

If the bid is resurrected, and I doubt it will be, you can be sure that any such review and amendment of the test will be rushed through a hell of a lot quicker than 4 months!

Whatever the exact reason the PL had for obstructing the purchase, you can be sure it had everything to do with money and bugger all to do with human rights (or Kashoggi or the war in Yemen). I doubt they are in the least bit interested in what AI think or say about them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Bridget got too snobby and perpetual to do this...

Just imagine the reaction if Bridget participated.

Her office would be like Day of the dead with angry mackem zombies :lol: 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Just imagine the reaction if Bridget participated.

Her office would be like Day of the dead with angry mackem zombies :lol: 

Probably like that most days tbf :smoke-1:

• Haha 3

I can honestly see the PL saying something like. "We have no comment on the Newcastle takeover as the bid was withdrawn before we had a chance to reach a decision"

I’m starting to think we should take a leaf of out the mackems book and BOYCOUTT the premier league.

and also the championship

• Haha 3

I am amazed that the argument from the media, PL, and opposition clubs is that we should protect the broadcasting rights of Qatar, a country with human rights issues themselves! In fact Football seem to be in bed with the Qatari govn quite a lot. 

It pays to have a seat on the EUFA board 

I would love to just support Newcastle again like a normal fan, since Ashley came I have went through spells of actively wanting them to lose (pardew) because I thought it would be for the greater good, to been fully back on board with Rafa, and now in a state of nothingness under Bruce other than happy we didn't go down.

New owners is the only way to get the support fully back on board, I'm not sure if that will happen with the Saudis or even if Staveley and the Reubens could do a deal but it needs to happen cos I'm hating football just now.

• Like 3

I think that’s a piece a lot of the journalists are missing. The reason most have attached themselves to this Saudi deal is it’s the only show in town and we know it, the club has basically been on sale for 13 years but Ashley’s price puts people off. I know Edwards and those of his ilk are annoyed about the reaction to Mauriss, but the fact is he just seems really off, from the timing of his interest, his links with Qatar, fraud investigations, supposedly bidding £50m over an agreed price despite the fact his bid could only be accepted if the other fell through. I honestly think if he seemed more trustworthy and genuine people would be interested, obviously the Saudi bid comes with super club status potential but I feel most just want a club that will at least try, a club that spends what it brings in and looks to kick on and improve. We finished 5th, got into Europe and all we bought was a midfielder that was clearly brought in with the intention of reselling/replacing either Cabaye or Tiote, that’s the club we are under this cunt. 

• Like 5

Totally agree, to be honest I dont want Gareth Bale on £640,000 a week in a black and white shirt, i think its outrageous, natural growth with sustainable investment and I'm happy just get rid of Sports Direct United.

• Like 3

I’ve had that much of Mike Ashley I couldn’t give a fuck tbh. 

Roman Ambramovich is a massive cunt with blood on his hands but I doubt Chelsea fans care. You don’t get Man City fans talking about the body count either.

I'm at the stage where I want the consortium to own us, I couldn't give a monkey's where the money is from because the media will spin it against us anyway, we are cannon fodder for the top 6 and that's it.

Talksport once ran a pole asking if Ashley should save jobs and buy House of Fraser or buy Newcastle a new player.

I have seen no such pole if Arsenal should save 55 jobs or buy players, the media agenda is set so fuck the lot of them.

46 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve had that much of Mike Ashley I couldn’t give a fuck tbh. 

Roman Ambramovich is a massive cunt with blood on his hands but I doubt Chelsea fans care. You don’t get Man City fans talking about the body count either.

Doesn’t make it right.

I appreciate I’m probably in the minority, and I’ve been through plenty of cognitive dissonance with this over the past 4 months, but replacing 1 cunt with a massively bigger cunt because he’s richer maybe isn’t the best idea in the long run 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official