Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

This strikes me as client journalism for Fat Pigs good friend Mike Ashley.

and I don’t have a problem with that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

No more a fan of Edwards than anyone else on here, but I can't see how or why that takeover would happen now. Would they really just have sat on their hands for the past year?

Is there any evidence at all that it's still in the pipeline?

I mean their hands are sort of tied until this arbitration is over I would think. I agree it’s unlikely, but I don’t think this period of time has necessarily been them sitting idle I think they’ve been tied up waiting for Ashley and the PL to start and then go through the arbitration process. If that has a positive result I don’t see why they wouldn’t have interest in going through with the deal, Ashley obviously seems keen. 

It’s entirely possible that Ashley wins and the Saudis interest has passed, but I’m just not too convinced as to why that would be. I’m fairly certain that if Edwards does actually have a story he’s sitting on (he absolutely doesn’t btw, he wrote article after article about the Mauriss bid when there was clearly no way that was 100% :lol: ) it’ll be some bollocks along the lines of ‘Saudis to buy one of big 6 after ESL collapse creates panic sale as owners look to get out’ despite there being no reason whatsoever for the owners of any of those clubs to sell (still in a favorable position) and also they’ll cost far too much the same as they did when the Saudis showed interest in Liverpool. 

Again I do agree it’s all highly unlikely but I think it does massively hinge on this arbitration. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Apparently Bruce is getting a £12 million pound transfer budget for next season. Also Ashley has put a valuation of £70 million on St Maximin. I can see someone offering £60 million & Ashley snatching their hand off.

47 minutes ago, trooper said:

Apparently Bruce is getting a £12 million pound transfer budget for next season. Also Ashley has put a valuation of £70 million on St Maximin. I can see someone offering £60 million & Ashley snatching their hand off.

$12m? Sounds like they’ve inflated the figure for PR purposes

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Haven't they said they don't have 'budgets' just treat each transfer on a case by case basis?

How can a manager properly identify the caliber of players he needs in that cause? Saying that, now I’ve thought about it, that sounds exactly how we’d go about it.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

How can a manager properly identify the caliber of players he needs in that cause? Saying that, now I’ve thought about it, that sounds exactly how we’d go about it.

To be honest, it should make more sense than saying "Here's £30m, have at it". If we were a remotely well-run club we should look at each player and weigh up if they're worth the outlay or not. Rather than arbitrarily giving a manager £X to spend. 

e.g. Willock is worth spending £25m on, and if for whatever reason Edouard became available for £20m we should spend that too.

That assumes that we have £45m there to spend. With a deal to sell the club still agreed there’s no chance that Ashley is going to want to add to debt to the club and jeopardise the deal, nor will be want to put his own money in (not that he would anyway).

58 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

£12m !!!  That’s two Marcelino’s ,or not enough to buy Jamal ‘The Coward’ Lewis, who cost £15m.There’s next season’s excuse for Brucey before the end of May.

"Let's face it, £12m is either an infinite amount of Paul Pogba's or an 8th of one Paul Pogba depending on how you look at it. Either way you can rest assured we won't be signing Paul Pogba"

3 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

36 year old Alex Bruce may have a season or two left in him.Nee club at the moment.

It’s only a matter of time before he gets a scouting/coaching role.

• Like 4

On 28/05/2021 at 15:13, ewerk said:

That assumes that we have £45m there to spend. With a deal to sell the club still agreed there’s no chance that Ashley is going to want to add to debt to the club and jeopardise the deal, nor will be want to put his own money in (not that he would anyway).

We definitely have £45m, we've got loads of cash. Plus Ashley is one of those Billionaires who made a shit ton thanks to the pandemic.

Willock isn't debt, he's an asset, one that's likely to increase in value from £25m as the football world recovers from the pandemic.

• Haha 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official