Jump to content

Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its official #Cans #Jimbo's telly

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I'm at the ground. Staveley just came out and held up Bruce's head. 

Posted Images

  • 3 weeks later...

So the Saudi government stated the PiF and the state were two separate entities, then the PL asked the UK government who agreed they were two separate entities yet the PL still pursued this thread? While I agree it’s pretty likely they’re heavily commingled I’m not really sure it’s the PL’s duty to go this deep into things when at state governance level everyone involved seems happy there’s no issue. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Howay said:

So the Saudi government stated the PiF and the state were two separate entities, then the PL asked the UK government who agreed they were two separate entities yet the PL still pursued this thread? While I agree it’s pretty likely they’re heavily commingled I’m not really sure it’s the PL’s duty to go this deep into things when at state governance level everyone involved seems happy there’s no issue. 

They were looking for a way to say no, at least that's certainly what it looks like.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They were looking for a way to say no, at least that's certainly what it looks like.

Agree, I was just trying to look at it from another angle and see if there was any other reason for them to act the way they did but it’s pretty damning stuff imo. When your own government is basically telling you to pack it in it’s a bit ridiculous to keep pursuing that unless as you say it’s simply a reason to block it. 

Edited by Howay
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They were looking for a way to say no, at least that's certainly what it looks like.

It does increasingly look they were applying delaying tactics in the hope something would come up for them to reject the takeover.

I wonder what else will come to the surface, especially during arbitration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Alex said:

It would be fucking class if it all blew up in Masters’ face like 

 

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

It would be fucking class if it all blew up in Masters’ face like 

I'd find it hilarious if a fucking molotov cocktail blew up in his face.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: I just imagine Masters crawling under a desk somewhere in the offices the arbitration is being held only to find Charnley there “I’m sorry Richard, I just like to get away sometimes, It’s really any time I have to make a decision really I just hide under here. That Bruce is doing a shocking job I just really have been hoping he quits for the last few month so I wouldn’t have to do anything” “Tell me about it Lee, this whole Saudi kerfuffle put me in a right fluffery buffery, I had that Levy and the Americans from Liverpool telling me I needed to reject it but I just couldn’t make a decision so I just kept telling everyone it was close” “ooooh that’s a good one, Mike wants me to fire all the club shop people something about Furlough and saving money, I was thinking about scaletrix so zone out when he talks about business stuff, anyway maybe saying something about the takeover being close will help!” 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex said:

It would be fucking class if it all blew up in Masters’ face like 

Look at you trying to wind him up, you Masters Baiter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Howay said:

So the Saudi government stated the PiF and the state were two separate entities, then the PL asked the UK government who agreed they were two separate entities yet the PL still pursued this thread? While I agree it’s pretty likely they’re heavily commingled I’m not really sure it’s the PL’s duty to go this deep into things when at state governance level everyone involved seems happy there’s no issue. 

The only issue is the piracy. If the Saudis weren't twocing the broadcast, this takeover would have sailed through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The only issue is the piracy. If the Saudis weren't twocing the broadcast, this takeover would have sailed through.

 

& the fact that there's probably half a dozen other Premier League teams who don't want a club financed by unlimited funds. Obvs.  :cuppa:

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

 

& the fact that there's probably half a dozen other Premier League teams who don't want a club financed by unlimited funds. Obvs.  :cuppa:

Once the piracy issue is put to bed, surely the PL would see the KSA $$$ and reckon on the other clubs just moaning for a bit then, getting over it?

 

Wonder if Spurs had as big an issue with any of the other recent takeovers?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been “going on” so long I honestly reckon it’s been dead in the water for an awful long time. 
 

I think Ashley’s leaking stuff and teasing it purely to distract from how shit we’ve been this year.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee Ryder (I know) is saying the “new owners” reference is with regard to the new owners of the club shop - being Castore- and not the Saudis being new owners of the club. Think this utter shit update is far more likely than Ashley accidentally letting slip anything about the takeover. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom said:

This has been “going on” so long I honestly reckon it’s been dead in the water for an awful long time. 
 

I think Ashley’s leaking stuff and teasing it purely to distract from how shit we’ve been this year.

Sounds about right 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Howay said:

Lee Ryder (I know) is saying the “new owners” reference is with regard to the new owners of the club shop - being Castore- and not the Saudis being new owners of the club. Think this utter shit update is far more likely than Ashley accidentally letting slip anything about the takeover. 

Lee Ryder chats shit 

 

 

8F39F334-DCB8-42AB-B1A5-380CFFF9E9AA.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...