Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Haven't they said they don't have 'budgets' just treat each transfer on a case by case basis?

How can a manager properly identify the caliber of players he needs in that cause? Saying that, now I’ve thought about it, that sounds exactly how we’d go about it.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its official #Cans #Jimbo's telly

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

How can a manager properly identify the caliber of players he needs in that cause? Saying that, now I’ve thought about it, that sounds exactly how we’d go about it.

To be honest, it should make more sense than saying "Here's £30m, have at it". If we were a remotely well-run club we should look at each player and weigh up if they're worth the outlay or not. Rather than arbitrarily giving a manager £X to spend. 

e.g. Willock is worth spending £25m on, and if for whatever reason Edouard became available for £20m we should spend that too.

That assumes that we have £45m there to spend. With a deal to sell the club still agreed there’s no chance that Ashley is going to want to add to debt to the club and jeopardise the deal, nor will be want to put his own money in (not that he would anyway).

58 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

£12m !!!  That’s two Marcelino’s ,or not enough to buy Jamal ‘The Coward’ Lewis, who cost £15m.There’s next season’s excuse for Brucey before the end of May.

"Let's face it, £12m is either an infinite amount of Paul Pogba's or an 8th of one Paul Pogba depending on how you look at it. Either way you can rest assured we won't be signing Paul Pogba"

3 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

36 year old Alex Bruce may have a season or two left in him.Nee club at the moment.

It’s only a matter of time before he gets a scouting/coaching role.

• Like 4
On 28/05/2021 at 15:13, ewerk said:

That assumes that we have £45m there to spend. With a deal to sell the club still agreed there’s no chance that Ashley is going to want to add to debt to the club and jeopardise the deal, nor will be want to put his own money in (not that he would anyway).

We definitely have £45m, we've got loads of cash. Plus Ashley is one of those Billionaires who made a shit ton thanks to the pandemic.

Willock isn't debt, he's an asset, one that's likely to increase in value from £25m as the football world recovers from the pandemic.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, The Fish said:

We definitely have £45m, we've got loads of cash. Plus Ashley is one of those Billionaires who made a shit ton thanks to the pandemic.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

• Haha 1
Just now, ewerk said:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

Me either. 04:00 wake up this morning. I'm not sure about anything.

• Haha 1

:lol: The argument is sound provided we weren’t talking about Mike Ashley. The bloke will make out that the club is completely penniless and basically needs to get a loan to fund a £10m transfer budget. Cant fucking wait until the cunt doesn’t own Newcastle United, whenever that is. 

• Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I am not sure what purpose this does serve. They surely must be aware of the hypocrisy. I do remember the suppressing news from the fans forum meetings.

On the other hand I do really think that the PL should aggreefor tge decision to geg published

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m shocked to see Luke Edwards saying the statement is evidence the takeover is off 

It's evidence of the season starting, tickets to be sold, new shirts to buy and camouflaging the fact that no 1st team additions and Steven Bruce is still the manager.

• Like 4
  • Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official