Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Aubergine, eggplant, Alex, Ole, Neville, Ashley, Charnley ,and Bruce. Quite a  collection of dicks.

United!

Cheers! 

• Haha 2

some excellent whataboutery here lads 

this is the world we live in. football abandoned any principles when it let the russian oligarch and the UAE in. any principled fans of man city or chelsea quickly forgot about their owners when the titles started to roll in. i'm sure we'll be the same when we sign salah and mbpappe. 

and yeah, we're all complicit because we keep voting for politicians who do business and sell arms to the likes of the saudis. the moral outrage directed at football fans over something out of their control is nauseating and there is plenty of that to come from football pundits and fans of jealous rivals in the coming weeks btw. 

• Like 5

it feels to me like MBS wanted a bauble and he eventually got it. the bein sport stuff feels like smoke and mirrors. 

he wanted to be invited to the same parties as the emir of qatar. it's just how the world works: rich man wants to brag about something to his rich mates. he didn't let it go and everyone folded. 

While I’m extremely excited about what will happen on the pitch in the coming years, I’m just as excited about the positivity bomb that will explode like a tsunami over the city and beyond. 

I think back to SJH and Keegan and the sugar puffs adverts and the training ground and how a whole new generation are going to love this ride.

I think it’s going to be pretty hard to comprehend how good this will be, on and off the pitch. I’m quite tearful :lol: 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it'll be interesting to see if anyone can explain why the PL performed the uturn in the end - has anyone read anything convincing on that yet? 

Because the Saudis pinky promised that MBS wouldn't be involved, apparently that's all it's taken.

Plus the Qataris said it was okay.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

but on the cunt scale, the saudis are right up there - let's be honest. 

Yeah, absolutely. Which goes back to your point. If it’s so bad they’re buying a football club people should be absolutely outraged they’re our main allies in the Middle East, we sell arms to them, allow them to own loads of property/land in London etc. What people are really pissed off about is our potentially having loads of money to spend (specifically more than anyone else). We’ve speculated, when the deal looked dead, about how different it would’ve been were it Man Utd instead. The deal would’ve been waved through over a year ago with the focus being all about their rightful return to the top of European football 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

While I’m extremely excited about what will happen on the pitch in the coming years, I’m just as excited about the positivity bomb that will explode like a tsunami over the city and beyond. 

I think back to SJH and Keegan and the sugar puffs adverts and the training ground and how a whole new generation are going to love this ride.

I think it’s going to be pretty hard to comprehend how good this will be, on and off the pitch. I’m quite tearful :lol: 

we'll soon be able to reminisce about trudging through the 2010s and early 2020s 

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Yeah, absolutely. Which goes back to your point. If it’s so bad they’re buying a football club people should be absolutely outraged they’re our main allies in the Middle East, we sell arms to them, allow them to own loads of property/land in London etc. What people are really pissed off about is our potentially having loads of money to spend (specifically more than anyone else). We’ve speculated, when the deal looked dead, about how different it would’ve been were it Man Utd instead. The deal would’ve been waved through over a year ago with the focus being all about their rightful return to the top of European football 

Absolutely spot on.  Both of you.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

yeah, the hypocrisy is nauseating. it's not like football fans get to choose who owns their club.  

the thing is any success we have now will always be intertwined with this unpleasant regime. will that take the edge off the ride that is coming our way that CT alludes to?  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  if you ask the chelsea or man city fans the majority will say fuck no

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official