Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

5 minutes ago, GeorgeHannah said:

I've never heard him, but if you actually listen to what he said about the new owners on such a momentous day for your club - he could have been Dan Roan. (Apologies he was on BBC Football Focus this lunchtime -  not MOTDX as I said earlier - not on iPlayer yet for some reason.) You need to confront the 'manufactured club' narrative from the off in my view.

image.jpeg.ce9f46bdff4a2ba80a4e9af92c9a0c1d.jpeg

20 minutes ago, GeorgeHannah said:

I've never heard him before but if you actually listen to what he said about the new owners on such a momentous day for your club - he could have been Dan Roan. (Apologies he was on BBC Football Focus this lunchtime -  not MOTDX as I said earlier - not on iPlayer yet for some reason.) You need to confront the 'manufactured club' narrative from the off in my view.

You are not very good at googling, are you.

• Like 1

The only set of fans who seem happy are Man City  they are no longer the team everyone hates its now us, so chin up lads and lasses and grow the thick skin because the shit and abuse is heading our way

Who cares about what other fans have to say? You’d expect most of them to abuse us, that’s the nature of football. They either already hate us or are jealous. Well boo hoo

• Like 1

I've honestly not seen that much push back from other fans, at least on their forums. A decent number even seem to think we deserve some success after a long period in the wilderness.

Mackems and journalists, yes, hate. The guardian will loathe us forever. Everyone else? Not that arsed.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I've honestly not seen that much push back from other fans, at least on their forums. A decent number even seem to think we deserve some success after a long period in the wilderness.

Mackems and journalists, yes, hate. The guardian will loathe us forever. Everyone else? Not that arsed.

Get on reddit :lol: its delightful 

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The Guardian can fuck off, especially the Football Weekly podcast, that thing went down the toilet the second James Richardson left, fucking Barry Glenndenning seems hate football and hate Newcastle United even more, the ever-present Jonathan Wilson is a fucking Mackem, so what do we expect?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The Guardian can fuck off, especially the Football Weekly podcast, that thing went down the toilet the second James Richardson left, fucking Barry Glenndenning seems hate football and hate Newcastle United even more, the ever-present Jonathan Wilson is a fucking Mackem, so what do we expect?

Despite being a long time reader of it, I agree. For this and so many other things, the Guardian can indeed fuck off.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/oct/09/newcastle-fans-speak-of-suffering-but-what-about-actual-suffering-in-saudi-arabia-takeover

Mr Big Football Brain can't seem to grasp why Newcastle fans might be celebrating the end of the Ashley era. 

Remind me, who does he support again? 

• Like 3

Mandy...

I had been looking at buying Liverpool but switched very quickly. I always thought Newcastle was an incredible club, an incredible brand and it's incredible at every level.

Absolutely brilliant that she decided on Newcastle instead of Liverpool. I luv it ❤ 

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I actually didn’t mind it, even after Richardsom left - though it was infinitely better with him there - to me it's hilarious how rattled by Newcastle they were before any of this. They basically intentionally neglect to talk about Newcastle and try to pass it off as some sort of running joke. It's going to be so much harder for them to even attempt it in the future.

5 hours ago, trooper said:

Mandy...

I had been looking at buying Liverpool but switched very quickly. I always thought Newcastle was an incredible club, an incredible brand and it's incredible at every level.

Absolutely brilliant that she decided on Newcastle instead of Liverpool. I luv it ❤ 

In fairness we're very likely second choice. Not that I'd give two fucks if it turned out we were further down the list of clubs she wanted to buy, than Bruce was on Fatley's potential toadie list. 

Edited by Polarboy

25 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

In fairness we're very likely second choice. Not that I'd give two fucks if it turned out we were further down the list of clubs she wanted to buy, than Bruce was on Fatley's potential toadie list. 

We might be, maybe even third or fourth choice. I don't think so though actually. We have a few things going for us. First, we are cheap. Second we have a potentially huge fan base, we're a principal city and regional centre. But thirdly, and maybe most importantly, if you want to establish a legacy, then we're your club. We have historically had a minor presence in Europe, if you go back 10 years, but we have won fuck all, probably the most under-achieving football club in England,mayve even the World. You buy Liverpool, the best you can do is continuity. Boring. Buy NUFC, you can rewrite history. Similar to Man City in that respect, but with the added bonus we are a one club city (didn't the Qatari's have us as first choice anyway?).

The only other clubs I think would have made sense to buy would be Spurs, West Ham, Villa, or Leeds. But Stavely had no connection with those.  

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

We might be, maybe even third or fourth choice. I don't think so though actually. We have a few things going for us. First, we are cheap. Second we have a potentially huge fan base, we're a principal city and regional centre. But thirdly, and maybe most importantly, if you want to establish a legacy, then we're your club. We have historically had a minor presence in Europe, if you go back 10 years, but we have won fuck all, probably the most under-achieving football club in England,mayve even the World. You buy Liverpool, the best you can do is continuity. Boring. Buy NUFC, you can rewrite history. Similar to Man City in that respect, but with the added bonus we are a one club city (didn't the Qatari's have us as first choice anyway?).

The only other clubs I think would have made sense to buy would be Spurs, West Ham, Villa, or Leeds. But Stavely had no connection with those.  

That wee snide wanker Levy tried to stop PIF doing a deal with Ashley then tried to sell them Spurs for 2.5 BILLION 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3