Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Looks like we're back on lads. It's nice to have my complete sense of apathy wiped away in an instant when the news came through. Hope everyone has been keeping well during COVID and the great interregnum.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Blaydon was a big fan of the deep lying quarterback-style defensive midfielder. I wasted many an hour going back and forth with him on Viana 

That was back when Blaydon was working at the Chronicle doing some sort of apprenticeship, living in Newcastle whilst simultaneously living in Australia and being a pathological liar 

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

That was back when Blaydon was working at the Chronicle doing some sort of apprenticeship, living in Newcastle whilst simultaneously living in Australia and being a pathological liar 

that chapter closed when he dropped his first gurner 

image.thumb.png.cd16fdf748b4516674d6bc5db369d24e.png

• Jaysus... 1

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

Am sorry I missed him :lol:

• Haha 2

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/oct/12/david-squires-on-newcastle-united-saudi-takeover

Squires. Was always going to be about us, and was always going to be grim. I do note with interest that the guardian has opted not to put comments up for this one, which is the first time one of his cartoons has been locked as far as I can recall.

But there we are anyway. I also noticed some knacker who owns Grimsby town was telling us off yesterday too. He lived in Newcastle for about 10 mins, 30 years ago, and can't understand why more people aren't opposed to this. It's not the Newcastle he remembers, etc etc. He's a professor at Oxford or something, so he's obviously very well connected with reality.

The Newcastle he remembers, I would argue, has been pummelled to within an inch of its life by southern voted Tory governments over the course of that 30 years - and any spirit of hope, optimism and human solidarity that did exist was then further trampled by an odious pillock who I have no doubt will end up buying honours for himself at some point to become 'Lord Ashley'. Moreover, and this is the really important bit which tbf Squires alludes to as well - this would have happened at ANY club in the football league pyramid. Any of them.  Even motherfucking Grimsby. This is the society we have chosen to exist within. Fucking choke on it Southern England. And maybe stop voting for it.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Nice drawings mate. Shame it took you the best part of a week to draw what every other fucker has spent the last week saying. 

Tbf it’ll have taken that long to work out who’s the most persecuted- Saudi Arabia’s victims or Steve Bruce. 

• Haha 4

May as well try and learn something from the stick we're getting.  These public beheadings that are going on in Saudi.  Who are they beheading?  Is it opposers of the state or is it murders and rapists and other criminals?

Also what is their beef with Yeman that's resulting in the bombings?

That football lost its soul is a tired as fuck notion that if you're only catching up to now you're a bit special. It's not just football, it's the price of capitalism.

"Most other clubs" good one. How foolish can we be to think that it wasn't football supporters all along who are responsible for atrocities throughout the world. Nevermind the cartoonist who makes a living from putting pretty pictures to the smug feeling of trying to make yourself and others feel good and righteous whilst simultaneously trying to remove the good feelings of others after the end of a terrible reign of ownership where the football club became nothing more than an economically viable husk. Mental gymnastics indeed.

I'm at the point now where this sort of petty petulant impotent posturing utterly delights me. I've enjoyed some of his strips before, but probably none so much as this.

Edited by OTF

15 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, if you go for a pint to cheer yourself up and the barman says

” Why the long face?”

Dont chin him- he’s in the wrong joke. 

😉

A bit on the nose, which is still thankfully in the same place as before. But I appreciate the spirit in which it was most likely intended. But aye mercifully it seems like a relatively mild case when compared to some of the horrors on google images. Just don't ask me to whistle local hero for a few weeks 😉 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, OTF said:

That football lost its soul is a tired as fuck notion that if you're only catching up to now you're a bit special. It's not just football, it's the price of capitalism.

"Most other clubs" good one. How foolish can we be to think that it wasn't football supporters all along who are responsible for atrocities throughout the world. Nevermind the cartoonist who makes a living from putting pretty pictures to the smug feeling of trying to make yourself and others feel good and righteous whilst simultaneously trying to remove the good feelings of others after the end of a terrible reign of ownership where the football club became nothing more than an economically viable husk. Mental gymnastics indeed.

I'm at the point now where this sort of petty petulant impotent posturing utterly delights me. I've enjoyed some of his strips before, but probably none so much as this.

Outrage has also become a commodified parody. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nice drawings mate. Shame it took you the best part of a week to draw what every other fucker has spent the last week saying. 

TBF he only publishes on Tuesdays each week - it's almost as if the announcement was timed to avoid him being able to get straight in there :lol: 

8 minutes ago, OTF said:

I thought Shia was pretty good in the transformers movies despite some of his co-stars being a bit robotic.

It’s also a tragedy that helmets still aren’t compulsory on the slopes, given what happened to Sunni. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Cheers, I tried having a bit read of the wiki article but it's far too in depth for last five minutes of my lunch break.  I'll set aside some time to have a look further.  First impressions though seem quite similar to many operations in the middle east that we have been involved in (indeed we seem to have been involved with this too) although it appears there is certainly at least questions about adherence to UN conventions.  Also appears that for one reason or another that they are backing out of Yeman which is surely a good thing.