Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

On 15/12/2021 at 11:24, Monkeys Fist said:

Mental isn’t it? 
It’s almost as if the “also rans” of the Premier League have forgotten about the Biiiig 6 wanting to fuck them all off and piss off to the European Super League mere months ago. 
This is no good for anyone except those who are already nuts deep in filthy money. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/a-new-year-message/

The turn of the year is, of course, a time when we all reflect on the past and look forward to the future.

Despite the current challenges, we see a bright and, ultimately, successful future for Newcastle United. The Club has amazing fans. It has serious, long-term investors. And the Club has a workforce committed to getting the best for both the football club and the City of Newcastle.

Obviously, we face some stern challenges ahead of us – not least the issues surrounding the continuing pandemic. But we will meet these challenges with fierce determination and a strong resolve to improve every aspect of the Club, while playing a full role in the community we serve.

As we look back at the last twelve months, we were of course delighted to finally complete the purchase of the Club on 7 October.

This reflected the patience of each investor and the belief that we would get the deal done. It also reflects the commitment of Mike Ashley and his team – shown over a lengthy period – to ensure that not only did the deal go through, but that ownership of the Club passed to people who could take the Club forward responsibly. We thank Mike and his team for that commitment as, without it, the deal would not have been possible.

We also thank each member of our staff, who have embraced the changes that have already been made and shown a tremendous work ethic in very demanding circumstances. We all know that we have a great deal to do, but we will strive to fulfil this great Club’s promise.

As ever, the massively passionate support of our fans will be crucial as we look to improve our results on the pitch. We have had a very tough first half of the season, but you have been right behind the team and we want to take this opportunity to let you know how very much we appreciate it. Our most recent match at St. James’ Park showed the power that can be generated when the players and supporters unite and feed off each other, and it was wonderful to experience that special atmosphere.

Let’s take that positivity into 2022 as we aim to progress on and off the pitch. We have very important fixtures ahead of us and a January transfer window that we have worked tirelessly to prepare for, so let’s face our challenges head on and look forward to the second half of the season with optimism.

Wishing everyone a healthy and Happy New Year.

Amanda & Mehrdad  

Edited by Christmas Tree
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Looks like the new rules around sponsors are working well. This can only be good news for us though. 

They are already in the top tier of the super important super riches. They set their own market value while our deals must not be better than the ones Villa et al would get.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Good lad Trevor. Scorer of one of the all time great overhead kicks. 

As an aside I saw him a few years back at Blue Flames. Lancaster City were playing West Allotment in the FA Vase. He was the assistant manager and Darren Peacock was the manager 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: Top that, readers!

:lol: I was there with Adam Pearson. 

I used to live about 10 minutes walk from there so would go and watch West Allotment now again. I thought it was odd them being involved with a club at that level but probably just doing it for the love of the game I suppose. Sinclair was still dreamy like 

Can’t remember, I was absolutely mortal. Which is probably the only circumstances in which I’d offer a man who’s almost certainly a millionaire a pint.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Any news on Ashworth fella? Hope Man Utd dont sniff about. 

Talks have taken place but no immediate decision expected, apparently. I think that's on either side - we've still got people to talk to as well as him having to decide what he wants to do.