Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

45 minutes ago, Craig said:

Borrowing against future ticket sales should always be considered a risky strategy, but I think it's a calculated risk when you consider the numbers queuing up to buy match tickets. 

It's not risky for us though is it, it's basically the only collateral we have, only risky if your owners can't back it up, I reckon ours might just be able to.

We're stuck with legacy commercial deals, future ones are going to be substantially greater, this IMO is just a FFP friendly mechanism to bring more cash in early because what we "should" have at our disposal right now is way under what it should be all things being equal. Thanks to the FCB.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Plus its against guaranteed future earnings. 

There is no 'guarantee'. You only have to look at the period from March 2020 to May 2021 to understand that.

18 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It's not risky for us though is it, it's basically the only collateral we have, only risky if your owners can't back it up, I reckon ours might just be able to.

We're stuck with legacy commercial deals, future ones are going to be substantially greater, this IMO is just a FFP friendly mechanism to bring more cash in early because what we "should" have at our disposal right now is way under what it should be all things being equal. Thanks to the FCB.

It's less of a risk for the reasons you state, but a degree of risk does still remain - the situation Chelsea found themselves in would not have been predicted even 9 months ago.

And as I've already said it's clearly a mechanism to bridge the levels of finance we should be attracted had we not been tied in to poor commercial arrangements by the previous owner. That does however beg the question - if the owners can back up the collateral to service the loan should it be necessary, can they not also find the necessary collateral to buy ourselves out of the poor commercial deals we're in?

They don't want new sponsorship deals yet is my take. We're currently a team that habitually finishes in the bottom half of the table and we'll be restricted to deals that reflect that. 

I think the delay on sponsorship is in part to lift our profile, have a great season, put down a marker for the club we are now/intend to be, and then we can get a deal that reflects that. 

I doubt we need to worry too much about what's happening here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They don't want new sponsorship deals yet is my take. We're currently a team that habitually finishes in the bottom half of the table and we'll be restricted to deals that reflect that. 

I think the delay on sponsorship is in part to lift our profile, have a great season, put down a marker for the club we are now/intend to be, and then we can get a deal that reflects that. 

I doubt we need to worry too much about what's happening here. 

This

• Like 1

Taking a loan out is basically always to do with cashflow. It might be nowt to do with transfers tbf, could be some infrastructure spend. 

Let's hope we're about to go wild in the aisles though. 

54 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's less of a risk for the reasons you state, but a degree of risk does still remain - the situation Chelsea found themselves in would not have been predicted even 9 months ago.

And as I've already said it's clearly a mechanism to bridge the levels of finance we should be attracted had we not been tied in to poor commercial arrangements by the previous owner.  That does however beg the question - if the owners can back up the collateral to service the loan should it be necessary, can they not also find the necessary collateral to buy ourselves out of the poor commercial deals we're in?

You really must be a gaffer as that's what I actually said and you replied that you agreed. ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

It seems very strange though to be taking a loan from HSBC though rather than our owners.

“ NUFC borrow money from bank”  sounds better than ‘NUFC are given a huge wedge from bonesaw dude” 🤷🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

We get this seasons tv money as a lumper now rather than over the season/at the end of the season.

The bank take the instalments. 

Hopefully just in time for new sponsorships to come in as we are in the champions league

• Haha 1